Week 7 GDT - Monday Night Misery

Sugashane

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly that might be the best we can do. 

Maybe Muspher could be the blocking TE to help whatever OT is overmatched. 

I think it has been obvious how much more difficult Jones has found it without Whitehair inside him…Leatherwood might not be great but at least he offers more size & length which should allow Jones to set a little wider without getting beaten inside as easily…we just can’t continue with Patrick & Mustipher inside and moving Patrick inside at least makes things a fair evaluation for next offseason at centre.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it has been obvious how much more difficult Jones has found it without Whitehair inside him…Leatherwood might not be great but at least he offers more size & length which should allow Jones to set a little wider without getting beaten inside as easily…we just can’t continue with Patrick & Mustipher inside and moving Patrick inside at least makes things a fair evaluation for next offseason at centre.

Reports are that it is Schofield.

That is probably the right decision. Get a steady veteran in there and break up the unprofessional left side.

As much as he is public enemy #1 right now...this feels like the kind of game where you need 4-6 plays designed specifically to get the ball to Velus Jones on offence...Belichick is a master of taking away what you do well...he will have a rush plan to contain Fields in the pocket and stop him hurting them on the ground...next he will take Mooney away...after that we are pretty much dead in the water...with the time we have had with the mini bye I want to see some plays where the ball is just out of Fields' hand almost straight away...run WR screens...jet sweeps...crosser...hell line up in the I and put him at FB then run the angle route out of it...we drafted this guy to be explosive with the ball in his hands...to be Cordarrelle Patterson...use him like that now rather than with CP who it took years to figure out...give Belichick something that (he will see coming he sees all haha) maybe he isn't putting near the top of his list.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as he is public enemy #1 right now...this feels like the kind of game where you need 4-6 plays designed specifically to get the ball to Velus Jones on offence...Belichick is a master of taking away what you do well...he will have a rush plan to contain Fields in the pocket and stop him hurting them on the ground...next he will take Mooney away...after that we are pretty much dead in the water...with the time we have had with the mini bye I want to see some plays where the ball is just out of Fields' hand almost straight away...run WR screens...jet sweeps...crosser...hell line up in the I and put him at FB then run the angle route out of it...we drafted this guy to be explosive with the ball in his hands...to be Cordarrelle Patterson...use him like that now rather than with CP who it took years to figure out...give Belichick something that (he will see coming he sees all haha) maybe he isn't putting near the top of his list.

It’s past time to get Velus some offensive touches anyway. Velus needs opportunities and the Bears need to see what they have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

Velus has shown some promise on offense while only getting minimal touches. So far he has been  abysmal returning punts, so he should probably get more touches and play designs for him on offense. 

No doubt we need to take him out of the firing line when it comes to punt returns...just can't continue to have that happen...that said I agree we have seen some promise on his offensive snaps and I would love to see him continue to return kicks.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Velus has shown some promise on offense while only getting minimal touches. So far he has been  abysmal returning punts, so he should probably get more touches and play designs for him on offense. 

He has run 2 gimmick plays where he hasn’t had to run a route. 

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He has run 2 gimmick plays where he hasn’t had to run a route. 

And he’s only has like a total of 10 offensive snaps a few of which he has made a play. They should keep giving him more plays to see if he keeps showing something. 

• Like 1