If Snyder is Removed Would You Want to Keep the Commanders Brand?

MKnight82

Commanders?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Commanders?

• Yes I would keep all of it
    • Keep Commanders, change the uniforms
    • Get rid of all of it, start fresh

43 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

It could happen so long as the application is submitted on time. And remember, the Commanders were WFT for 2 years before they were the Commanders. So it can happen. 

There is no reason to change the name anymore, and probably never will be again. We’re stuck with it forever, thanks for nothing Ron & Jason!

Jennifer Lopez Ugh GIF by NBC World Of Dance

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That was changing from an offensive name, which was my point.  

Essentially the process is lengthy when its not forced because of the insensitive name. 

In this case, there would have to be a significant reason to change from the Commanders, which if stretched a bit, could be if Dan Snyder is removed as owner, that the new owner would want to change the name to remove the name for scandalous reasoning tied to Dan Snyder. That's just an example. 

Then the league owners would have to vote on the name change, which requires 75% of the owners to vote yes to the name change. 

Because the NFL is a shared revenue pool, the owners would likely need a financial forecast and market study to support the name change to be proftable and still maintain the same level of contribution to the shared pool financially. 

From what else I have read is, the league would need to sign off on the name change based off the financial forecast and proposed name and logo design with review to ensure it does not carry any questionable interpretations. 

All of this can take months or longer. And I am literally just scratching the surface...

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

There is no reason to change the name anymore, and probably never will be again. We’re stuck with it forever, thanks for nothing Ron & Jason!

Jennifer Lopez Ugh GIF by NBC World Of Dance

If there is a new owner and they want to change the name, if they go through the process, it can happen, whether it needs to or not. 

Hypothetically, if I purchased the Commanders, I would want the team to go in a new direction and I would use the toxic environment that Snyder created to move on from that era and move into another with the fans more involved in name selection and such. New stadium, new logo, new design. Overhaul the entire thing and bring the fans something they can be proud of. 

The Commanders is not something to be proud of and its a shame the front office didn't listen to the fans.