Week 6 GDT: Raiders vs Texans

NickButera

1 hour ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Hey, does anybody know if the game will be showing on TV in the Bay Area (Oakland) ? The TV guide isn't showing it. Is it because of the 49ers/Chiefs game ? 

Nope I think closest is Sacramento/Stockton 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

12 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If the Raiders don't win by 14 Josh is a dead man walking.

This is statement is nonsense. First off, the Texans have been competitive and not lost a game by more than 10 this season. Second, blow outs are rare in the NFL. 

McDaniel's isn't going anywhere. Why is there this subset of fans who think wins need to be blowouts? In the 8 years under Carr, how many blowout wins has he produced? 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is statement is nonsense. First off, the Texans have been competitive and not lost a game by more than 10 this season. Second, blow outs are rare in the NFL. 

McDaniel's isn't going anywhere. Why is there this subset of fans who think wins need to be blowouts? In the 8 years under Carr, how many blowout wins has he produced? 

Ok the Raiders should play down to the opponent level. It doesn't matter if they had 2 weeks to get ready for this game after underperformed the first part of season. The Raiders need a big win for there own mental health. Josh is really close to losing the locker room. The KC game was a terrible loss and they need to over come the funk that comes with it.

Crushing a lesser team is what a leader of men does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Ok the Raiders should play down to the opponent level. It doesn't matter if they had 2 weeks to get ready for this game after underperformed the first part of season. The Raiders need a big win for there own mental health. Josh is really close to losing the locker room. The KC game was a terrible loss and they need to over come the funk that comes with it.

Don't agree with this sorry. The Raiders just need a win, any way, any how. Often what brings a team closer is going through some adversity like last year so a few close losses shouldn't lose the locker room (unless it is full of lousy character guys) and if they have any sense, they should rationalise that they may have beaten one of the top teams in the NFL in the Chiefs in their own back yard so they are getting close to being a very good team themselves. Teams lose to lesser teams all the time, see the Chiefs v Indy game, or any Denver victory 😁. It is the league known for parity after all and they have done a great job of almost achieving that. As @big_palooka said, blowouts are rare and that is the whole idea of the league. We should be the better team, we should win handsomely but who knows. I never really wanted McDaniels as coach initially but I think he's headed in the right direction and he should be given some patience to realise his vision. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Don't agree with this sorry. The Raiders just need a win, any way, any how. Often what brings a team closer is going through some adversity like last year so a few close losses shouldn't lose the locker room (unless it is full of lousy character guys) and if they have any sense, they should rationalise that they may have beaten one of the top teams in the NFL in the Chiefs in their own back yard so they are getting close to being a very good team themselves. Teams lose to lesser teams all the time, see the Chiefs v Indy game, or any Denver victory 😁. It is the league known for parity after all and they have done a great job of almost achieving that. As @big_palooka said, blowouts are rare and that is the whole idea of the league. We should be the better team, we should win handsomely but who knows. I never really wanted McDaniels as coach initially but I think he's headed in the right direction and he should be given some patience to realise his vision. 

I hope the trade talk didn’t effect the locker room

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

From past research I believe he averages one game per year with a 10+ point victory.  I also think he has had 1 year with multiple wins of 10+ points.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Hey, does anybody know if the game will be showing on TV in the Bay Area (Oakland) ? The TV guide isn't showing it. Is it because of the 49ers/Chiefs game ? 

Just lookup NFL 506.  They post the broadcast maps on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think you meant to say they need a big win for YOUR mental health. 

There is ZERO indication Josh is close to losing the locker room. That is made up nonsense. There are a lot of leadership in that locker room currently. 

Losing by 1 point to a Super Bowl caliber team on the road is not a terrible loss. 

That "lesser team" you want to see crushed hasn't lost by more than 10 to start the season. Again, this is about YOU and YOUR insecurities. The team is fine. They are talented and well coached. The wins will start coming but they don't need to be blowouts because those are rare in the NFL. 

• Like 4