Week 6 GDT: Raiders vs Texans

NickButera

On 10/20/2022 at 5:32 AM, big_palooka said:

This is statement is nonsense. First off, the Texans have been competitive and not lost a game by more than 10 this season. Second, blow outs are rare in the NFL. 

McDaniel's isn't going anywhere. Why is there this subset of fans who think wins need to be blowouts? In the 8 years under Carr, how many blowout wins has he produced? 

We don't need to blow them out but we do need to win this game. Bottom line

On 10/20/2022 at 11:44 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

We are not well coached. WTF are you watching?? The last play of the KC game proved that when 2 All- Pro WR ran into each other.

Not running the ball more, no answer for RT or DT, Stupid play calling and going prevent defense to soon and blowing huge leads. You're right well coached.

^Yep this can't be ignored. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:13 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

Well someone should tell the Raiders because the Owner,GM and Josh all said multiple times that Raiders are a playoff team right now.

Wrong because it's pretty obvious Devante Adams(29) came here simply wait a few years before being ready to compete for real. He understands but the team is just trying to rebuild until the roster is to Dave Ziegler and Josh McDaniels liking before being competitive. He just wanted to play with Carr and play for his childhood team that's all.

And that's why Dave's Ziegler traded his first round pick for him as well. To be part of this rebuild and a solid locker room presence. That's also why we paid 17 million for Chandler jones(32). They knew he was washed. They needed a stopgap two teach the patriot..I mean the Dave Ziegler josh McDaniels way(not patriot way). We also re-sign the waller(30) to be the highest paid TE currently so we can lock him up for the future when the team is fully rebuilt in the new head coaches and GM's image.

Who cares about the rest of the team and what they think because they didn't expect to win this year either after making the playoffs. They knew last year was an aberration and their coach wasn't really good and they needed a better one that was going to take them to bigger and better things. They also knew the bigger and better things were gonna a few years. 

One things for sure: nobody in the Raiders' building expected to win right away. They had more realistic expectations. What were we thinking? 

“I don’t think in today’s NFL there’s really any time to do rebuilding anyway,” McDaniels said, via the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “This certainly isn’t that type of situation for us.”

"You know what's on my mind, I ain't come here just to be cute and hang out with Derek and all of that," Adams said Wednesday on an episode of The Pivot podcast. "I want to get that trophy at the end of the year."

“I think Jon and Mike had built a foundation to build upon,” Davis said. “And I think, moving forward, these two are going to be building upon that foundation. We’ve got some great players in this organization right now. I believe there’s a great culture in this organization right now, which is what they will find. They haven’t seen that as much yet because they haven’t seen all the players together, but that’s something that Rich had built over the last six months, is a fantastic culture in this building.

“I think that now we’re just moving to the next level. It’s not a rebuild. It’s not a reload. It’s just taking this to the next level and getting to that Super Bowl and winning some championships.”

Shut up guys!!! Can't you see I'm trying to make a built in excuse for why you guys aren't winning right now??!!!

Edited by Jeremy408

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Wrong because it's pretty obvious Devante Adams(29) came here simply wait a few years before being ready to compete for real. He understands but the team is just trying to rebuild until the roster is to Dave Ziegler and Josh McDaniels liking before being competitive. He just wanted to play with Carr and play for his childhood team that's all.

And that's why Dave's Ziegler traded his first round pick for him as well. To be part of this rebuild and a solid locker room presence. That's also why we paid 17 million for Chandler jones(32). They knew he was washed. They needed a stopgap two teach the patriot..I mean the Dave Ziegler josh McDaniels way(not patriot way). We also re-sign the waller(30) to be the highest paid TE currently so we can lock him up for the future when the team is fully rebuilt in the new head coaches and GM's image.

Who cares about the rest of the team and what they think because they didn't expect to win this year either after making the playoffs. They knew last year was an aberration and their coach wasn't really good and they needed a better one that was going to take them to bigger and better things. They also knew the bigger and better things were gonna a few years. 

One things for sure: nobody in the Raiders' building expected to win right away. They had more realistic expectations. What were we thinking? 

“I don’t think in today’s NFL there’s really any time to do rebuilding anyway,” McDaniels said, via the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “This certainly isn’t that type of situation for us.”

"You know what's on my mind, I ain't come here just to be cute and hang out with Derek and all of that," Adams said Wednesday on an episode of The Pivot podcast. "I want to get that trophy at the end of the year."

“I think Jon and Mike had built a foundation to build upon,” Davis said. “And I think, moving forward, these two are going to be building upon that foundation. We’ve got some great players in this organization right now. I believe there’s a great culture in this organization right now, which is what they will find. They haven’t seen that as much yet because they haven’t seen all the players together, but that’s something that Rich had built over the last six months, is a fantastic culture in this building.

“I think that now we’re just moving to the next level. It’s not a rebuild. It’s not a reload. It’s just taking this to the next level and getting to that Super Bowl and winning some championships.”

Shut up guys!!! Can't you see I'm trying to make a built in excuse for why you guys aren't winning right now??!!!

This staff thought to highly of themselves and rushed the process.  This is not directed at any particular person but I keep beating the dead horse because if/when the season is done for us and we do not make the playoffs (very small chance we do) some are going to say hindsight is 20/20 when I have been saying this well before the draft.  There is always a shot this works out but the much higher chance is that it blows up in your face and sets us back a few years.  By that time we fire the staff and start all over trying to fit their drafts picks into a new scheme and wondering why we are struggling again.  Only hope is that the team can take a serious look at itself, make thought out changes, and have patience.  Otherwise we are destined to remain a crappy team in a better stadium.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

🏆 well done well mf done

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Whatever you’re having, I’d like some of it.

In the NFL’s current state of parity, most teams in the league will struggle to win 10 out of their next 12.

I’m not saying it will happen, just that it can. Because of the parity, there isn’t a single team on our schedule that I can say is a definite loss. 

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Same thing was said about our first 4 games, too. 

Until we show we can beat someone other than struggling to beat an absolutely hapless Denver squad, I'd be shocked to finish with more than 5 wins. 

Frankly, looking at the schedule, I don't see how we're legitimately favored to win any of our remaining games. Houston is in an open rebuild, and even they look more competitive and competent than we do for 4 quarters 

My optimism is shot and I have us finishing 4-13. My only question at this point is if Mark will have the balls to kick Josh and Co. to the curb at the end of it or if he at least has the balls to force necessary changes in the play calling/coaching staff in a bid to actually turn things around (looking squarely at the walking defensive blight that is Patrick Graham). 

Yeah, you’re acting like we are a terrible team that is getting blown out and can’t do anything right or be competitive. 

Last time I checked, we could be 5-0. We are not and that’s what matters most. However, we have been in every game and just have to start winning these close games. We will see how it plays out. 

If we lose today, maybe I’ll change my tune. Until that happens, no reason to think we can’t go on a run. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah, you’re acting like we are a terrible team that is getting blown out and can’t do anything right or be competitive. 

Last time I checked, we could be 5-0. We are not and that’s what matters most. However, we have been in every game and just have to start winning these close games. We will see how it plays out. 

If we lose today, maybe I’ll change my tune. Until that happens, no reason to think we can’t go on a run. 

Yeah, you're acting like we're 4-1. 

Last time I checked, we're 1-4. 

You can spare me the "How dare you think ill of this team" high horse. 

If we win today....lol it's Houston. 

Edited by ronjon1990

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, you're acting like we're 4-1. 

Last time I checked, we're 1-4. 

You can spare me the "How dare you think ill of this team" high horse. 

If we win today....lol it's Houston. 

And you’re acting like we are an 0-16 Lions team.

Can’t see the forest for the trees.