Elijah Moore requests a trade

Abe56

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Imagine the pressure Zach would be under when Moore’s out there to get him the ball. Could miss someone else, force a pass, hold the ball too long and get sacked(and hurt) like it should never come to this. 

MLF should be using Moore in the slot, we all agree but man this is ridiculous. 

100% - he should be a weekly inactive. If Douglas can get fair value, great, otherwise let him watch from afar. 

9 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

100% - he should be a weekly inactive. If Douglas can get fair value, great, otherwise let him watch from afar. 

Agreed. Zach's job isn't to get certain guys the ball. His job is to go through his progressions and throw to who's open in the time frame he has with his protection. And Wilson making the right decisions for us is vastly more important than Moore getting touches (or any WR for that matter). 

And I totally agree about him being inactive. Teach him a lesson. You think you're bigger than the team? Then you wont be active for this team. Get your head right and you can be a starter for us. Until then... you wont be suiting up for us. Bc we have guys with the right mind set that can take your spot (keep in mind that we don't hurt too much without him. We'd likely move Wilson to the outside and work Berrios in the slot). So not a huge downgrade. Now I will agree that Moore should be in Wilson's spot and Moore at his. But there might be more to it than just that. Who knows. But regardless that's not something you take to social media and such about. You do it like a professional. And I guess the surprising thing for me is that I thought he was a guy that was a part of the culture change here in a positive way. But he showed his true colors 5 days ago. And it's going to take a lot for him to earn the respect of this fan base back.

The thing is is that JD wont trade him unless it's a ridiculous package. So where he might think he's requesting a trade and it will get granted. It's not that simple.

He's in over his head and his selfishness and immaturity is shining bright. Dude needs a wake up call.

The other thing that gets me is the 2 guys he's probably closest with on this team are some of the most team 1st guys we have in AVT and MC. AVT moving wherever we need and putting his ego and such to the side as long as it helps the team. Haven't heard MC complain once about week by week his snaps going down. And still out there supporting his teammates and giving his all. And already a leader for us.

So Moore's selfishness is 100% on him. Bc I'd imagine if he sat down with either of them, they would've got his mindset straight. Instead he took to social media and a college friend in AJ Brown. Selfishness at it's finest. 

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm sure a 1st we could easily get for him. JD isn't trading him for just a 1st with 2.5 years left on a rookie deal still.

Unless he keeps this behavior up.... he's going nowhere. And once his teammates start calling him out for not being a team player. That hurts worse than the media and such ripping him. This is when the FO needs to handle it today ASAP and the leaders and vets of this team need to step in in the locker room and talk with him. Guys like Mosley, Uzomah, Tomlimson, Brown, Reed, Kwon, Davis, Curry, etc.

I think it’d be hard to get a 1 for a malcontent who hasn’t proven anything on the field yet and is showing to be a diva. If Douglas could get a first he should take it and run. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think it’d be hard to get a 1 for a malcontent who hasn’t proven anything on the field yet and is showing to be a diva. If Douglas could get a first he should take it and run. 

I guess I didn't word it right. I think there's no way that JD even thinks about trading him unless the package is huge. And by huge I'm talking a 1st and more for him. And I don't see any team doing that. So this situation needs to be resolved if it can. JD nearly never loses a trade value wise. So he wont be giving trading Moore for just an ok package. 

Moore is not going anywhere this year. He will be inactive this week, he will be spoken to by coaches and team leaders and he will try a little harder and shut his mouth. It is not completely unlike the Mims situation. Mims wants out and for good reason but he has not been a big distraction.

It sets a bad precedent to give into a child throwing a temper tantrum. JD is smarter than that.

Not in defense of Moore but why is he being pigeonholed. What happened to moving guys around and having them know all the WR positions?  What is MLF doing? That is two WR now that he has managed to alienate. Why are we drafting them so high if we are not using their natural talent and putting them into positions to succeed?

I get the game plan thing the last couple of weeks. But even when we were passing more Moore was an afterthought on the outside. Not his natural spot. Couldn’t MLF try to get him involved more so a situation like this does not arise?

MLF gets himself so wrapped up in the technical aspects that he may forget these are people that need to be managed as such. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xrade said:

Not in defense of Moore but why is he being pigeonholed. What happened to moving guys around and having them know all the WR positions?  What is MLF doing? That is two WR now that he has managed to alienate. Why are we drafting them so high if we are not using their natural talent and putting them into positions to succeed?

I get the game plan thing the last couple of weeks. But even when we were passing more Moore was an afterthought on the outside. Not his natural spot. Couldn’t MLF try to get him involved more so a situation like this does not arise?

MLF gets himself so wrapped up in the technical aspects that he may forget these are people that need to be managed as such. 

I think we all agree that this is largely MLFs fault, however, we are winning and Moore shouldn’t be airing this out on social media or responding to Rich Cimini tweets. 

39 minutes ago, xrade said:

To play the other side of this.... I believe Moore's best games last year were all on the outside (I think Berrios was mostly in the slot). So while I'll agree that I think he's best inside. He has worked on the outside.

Dude's just soft, selfish and a baby.

39 minutes ago, xrade said:

MLF is “wrong” here but it’s not something that needs to be addressed publicly and with trade demands.

Moore should be the slot, Wilson the X. Not sure why that isn’t happening however. 

Either way we’re 4-2 and winning without even needing to throw the ball so targets/snaps are going to be down across the board.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

MLF is “wrong” here but it’s not something that needs to be addressed publicly and with trade demands.

Moore should be the slot, Wilson the X. Not sure why that isn’t happening however. 

Either way we’re 4-2 and winning without even needing to throw the ball so targets/snaps are going to be down across the board.

It'd be one thing if he was on the bench bc of this. But he in fact has the most snaps out of any of our WRs this season. And his targets average out this year to nearly 6 a game. He's having a temper tantrum after a week that no WR on our team did good. Yet everyone else aren't babies and see the bigger picture. Especially when we're winning games. 

59 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed. I actually thought this was going to be an issue heading into the season - young OC, mouths to feed. 

Pre-draft I talked about how great Wilson would be in this offense because of his versatility, enabling us to use him and Moore interchangeably. That obviously hasn't happened. The offense is designed to 'flow' cohesively.. i.e one play sets up the next, RPO is predicated on establishing the run, route concepts that mimic each other with slight nuance.. etc. What I'm getting at is that MLF is focused on establishing concepts and schemes, as opposed to just looking at matchups or finding ways to feed certain guys. No excuse for not utilizing Moore correctly though.  

Again I was not defending Moore’s selfish, childlike tantrum. But I do think the situation could have been avoided. Maybe. There a reason Moore fell to round 2. His “dog peeing” TD celebration in college may indicate it is all about him.

Regardless of the Moore debacle, MLF really has to try harder to avoid these issues before they go public. I just don’t like the way the Moore and Mims situations were handled. It’s a bad look for us.