Elijah Moore requests a trade

Abe56

Just now, Abe56 said:

Its crazy how in social media and regular media this has just been an excuse to blast Zach Wilson.  Im not sure what he did to be so disliked but man its pretty over the top.

Yeah the kid has had no relief since he got here. He's like 22, he shouldn't have to be the face of the franchise and answer to all the bad things that happen within the org.

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

I actually thought this was going to be an issue heading into the season - young OC, mouths to feed

I read something several years ago about this. What the author was getting at was that it may not be a bad idea to have three #2’s as opposed to a #1 and others. This would work well as long as each WR buys in and understands his role.

In todays NFL with the insane contracts WR are getting, it makes good sense. The issue is finding the talent and have them buy in. Our WR corp looks kind of like this. MLF may be falling short on getting them to get on board. 

Also, I can't wrap my head around where Moore thinks this was going to lead to. He has 0 leverage and at worse this turns the locker room against him. No way, when we finally start winning and earning respect from the league, are the vets going to let this dude sour the culture. No one is going to be behind him and support him except his agent who gets paid to.

6 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Its crazy how in social media and regular media this has just been an excuse to blast Zach Wilson.  Im not sure what he did to be so disliked but man its pretty over the top.

I have not seen any Zach bashing but it would not surprise me. The bashers are the same people that take PFF grades as gospel. They look at box scores and make a determination. We fans who watch the games understand what is being asked of Zach week in and week out.

Also, the NY media is some of the worst. Unless our QB is throwing for 300+ yds and at least 2 TD’s per game, he will be considered a failure regardless of the team record. ZW better realize this ain’t Utah. 

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Also, I can't wrap my head around where Moore thinks this was going to lead to. He has 0 leverage and at worse this turns the locker room against him. No way, when we finally start winning and earning respect from the league, are the vets going to let this dude sour the culture. No one is going to be behind him and support him except his agent who gets paid to.

It's the equivalent to a 2yr old having a temper tantrum. Except he's 22.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It'd be one thing if he was on the bench bc of this. But he in fact has the most snaps out of any of our WRs this season. And his targets average out this year to nearly 6 a game. He's having a temper tantrum after a week that no WR on our team did good. Yet everyone else aren't babies and see the bigger picture. Especially when we're winning games. 

Yeah I really don’t get it. He’s been an issue for us this year. Pouting, quitting on routes(Steelers game). He’s gotta be way more professional. 

My lord is Moore ******* serious with this nonsense?  I mean you are getting trashed by everyone (fans/media) for pulling this on a young team on a 3 game win streak.

I mean I get his frustration because MLF isn't using him correctly but man up and talk to your coaches don't pout on twitter then demand a trade. 

@ekill08x you were right about his body language but man everything you heard about him was leader in the locker room, team first guy, etc.  Seems so out of character for him but here we are.  I really hope he is deactivated and Mims plays.  At least Mims was a man about his request because he wanted to just play more.  Mims kept his head down and was a team player despite not even being active.  Mims probably fits the role better anyway.  Mims is a true deep threat and a better blocker so give him a crack at it and send a message.  Very disappointing if Moore is active.

Hopefully LAR or KC is desperate knowing they need help to take that next step and get back to the Superbowl and they cough up a 1 plus for him and JD is forced to make the move.  At the same time I'd rather send him to HOU/CHI for less out of spite so he can lose for the foreseeable future.

Going to be really hard to repair this I think.

I laugh now after Moore tweeted out "I love my teammates".  Hell of a way of showing it by hurting them leading up to an important game.  So selfish.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

AVT is MVP

Elijah's a me player. I'd trade his *** this week if we get a good offer.

Trade him to Carolina for DJ Moore who I'm sure would be grateful to be on a winning team. Let DJ keep #8 for jersey preservation purposes lol.