Week 7 GDT: Broncos at home vs Jets

Dbrog24

Well I'm a bit torn with this matchup. Again we face a team who has made their living playing defense this year. They did manage to really shut down Rodgers receivers as well as Packers run game last week...which is worrisome because we are no where near as disciplined. The spot I feel like we have a chance on is with our defense. Zach Wilson is still getting limited throws and has been very streaky historically which could mean mistakes we could capitalize on. It will likely come down to how well we can defend their run game with Hall as we have also been streaky in terms of giving up big run plays. Lucky or unlucky for us, we have stood the best chance grinding out wins when scores are 13 points or less...that could very easily be this game. 

I'm not even a little optimistic about this, but it's fascinating to see the movement in the betting markets pre-Russ injury news. Lot of steam on Denver this week pending that crucial bit of injury news.

The Jets have been playing extremely well, so this will be a stiffer test than we imagined earlier in the year. If we can stop the run, I think we have a much better chance of winning. Breece Hall is the odds on favorite for OROY, IMO, and he's looked fantastic. Can't get gashed in the run game. If we can hold them, I do like our chances at getting to Wilson and stopping the passing game. 

If our offense can even play league average, we'll have a nice chance to win, but I haven't seen anything even approaching league average, so until I do, my expectations are muted. All of the bizarre Justin Outten "sleeping in the office" BS is a huge red flag to me by the way. It reeks of inefficiency and desperation, but that's where we're at. He should be fired if we lose Sunday.

Jets 21 Broncos 13

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

I'm not even a little optimistic about this, but it's fascinating to see the movement in the betting markets pre-Russ injury news. Lot of steam on Denver this week pending that crucial bit of injury news.

The Jets have been playing extremely well, so this will be a stiffer test than we imagined earlier in the year. If we can stop the run, I think we have a much better chance of winning. Breece Hall is the odds on favorite for OROY, IMO, and he's looked fantastic. Can't get gashed in the run game. If we can hold them, I do like our chances at getting to Wilson and stopping the passing game. 

If our offense can even play league average, we'll have a nice chance to win, but I haven't seen anything even approaching league average, so until I do, my expectations are muted. All of the bizarre Justin Outten "sleeping in the office" BS is a huge red flag to me by the way. It reeks of inefficiency and desperation, but that's where we're at. He should be fired if we lose Sunday.

Jets 21 Broncos 13

Broncos lose this and that guy feels likely to be unemployed in the next two weeks 

53 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Broncos lose this and that guy feels likely to be unemployed in the next two weeks 

He has to be. There's gotta be a fall guy somewhere. What does he do? It's scary if he's spending all this time on the offense only for them to look like they do.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

He has to be. There's gotta be a fall guy somewhere. What does he do? It's scary if he's spending all this time on the offense only for them to look like they do.

Honestly everyone involved with this offense needs jail time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

I wonder if Hackett has considered that these guys sleeping at the office is leading to them making poor decisions because they're tired and overworked. Send them home and get them back well rested.

Well it's funny because Hackett was preaching the value of family time and then you have the OC out here beating his chest about how many hours he puts in (for substandard results). 

Like I said, the whole thing stinks of desperation. What Outten said is what someone says/does when they are otherwise out of ideas or their ideas sucked in the first place. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Well it's funny because Hackett was preaching the value of family time and then you have the OC out here beating his chest about how many hours he puts in (for substandard results). 

Like I said, the whole thing stinks of desperation. What Outten said is what someone says/does when they are otherwise out of ideas or their ideas sucked in the first place. 

The Broncos are reaping what they sowed in the offseason. The way the offense came in to this season is unforgivable. Top to bottom .... terrible and unserious. We are going to look back at this coaching hire as absolutely disastrous 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

The Broncos are reaping what they sowed in the offseason. The way the offense came in to this season is unforgivable. Top to bottom .... terrible and unserious. We are going to look back at this coaching hire as absolutely disastrous 

And until they started training camp and didn’t, you know, practice, I think it was a hire a lot of us were at least board with. 

When Vance was hired I don’t think anyone here liked it, it seemed the forum ran about 70/30/0 Kyle/Toub/Vance and then two years later the Fangio hire also went over like a lead balloon. 

When Hackett and the staff were put together I think we all questioned how green they were I didn’t think anyone expected the results to be this bad, I know I was pretty supportive. 

I fully expected Hackett to be terrible. Listening to him, nothing resonated leadership and discipline. He sounded like a goofball. Totally nonchalant. His hires lacked experience and seemed less like he had a strategy and more he wanted to give some of his guys jobs. 

I did think Wilson would bring that veteran leadership to the offense they needed. But turns out he doesn't resonate much with teammates either.

Ended up with a pair of cornballs trying to lead a team and it's a disaster. 

Now they have 2 problems to fix. The easy one, firing Hackett and his staff. The harder one which is two fold. Finding a coach who can "Pete Carrol" this Russell Wilson situation. And keeping Russell Wilson happy not having things his way. That second one is a lot harder and what lead him out of Seattle. 

13 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

And until they started training camp and didn’t, you know, practice, I think it was a hire a lot of us were at least board with. 

When Vance was hired I don’t think anyone here liked it, it seemed the forum ran about 70/30/0 Kyle/Toub/Vance and then two years later the Fangio hire also went over like a lead balloon. 

When Hackett and the staff were put together I think we all questioned how green they were I didn’t think anyone expected the results to be this bad, I know I was pretty supportive. 

Yeah I take a major L on Hackett, I was excited about it. I'd say without question Fangio would be doing a lot more with this team and that is a pretty low bar.