NFL Playoff Race

titans0021

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol at Jags fans 

They have their moment in the sun. They have earned it for the time being.  Is what it is. 

However, they don't have much room to brag.  They lost to the Cardinals too. We beat them and the Seahawks too. Only thing they can brag about really is beating the Steelers and we didnt. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

They have their moment in the sun. They have earned it for the time being.  Is what it is. 

I have no problem with what they did. Seattle is known for being dirty and played that way the final minute of that game. It’s not right to throw things at games but Seattle deserved it.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I have no problem with what they did. Seattle is known for being dirty and played that way the final minute of that game. It’s not right to throw things at games but Seattle deserved it.

Oh...I missed something..

Just now seeing on Twitter a guy trying to go in the stands....

Never mind. lol

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Well, to try to be slightly optimistic, that Steelers rally was pretty big. Puts us essentially two games up on Baltimore.

Funny the Steelers have literally won 4 of their last 5 with last second FG. (Bengals,Packers, Colts and Ravens). Teams we beat minus the Packers.  But it feels 1 million times different. Teams they should have won more convincingly but...ya know..didn't. 
Anyway, enough of that angle..lol

Chiefs probably lose to the Chargers then beat the Dolphins and Broncos (9-7).
Chargers beat the Chiefs and Jets. Maybe lose to the Raiders? or win out and go (10-6). or (9-7)
Bills beat Dolphins, lose to Patriots and lose to Dolphins in week 17. (8-8).

We need 2 more wins at the least. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

But it feels 1 million times different. Teams they should have won more convincingly but...ya know..didn't. 

I do think this also feels different when your offense features the league's leading rusher and the league's leading receiver. Winning close games just doesn't look and seem as ugly when it's the defense that struggles while the offense puts up numbers.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I do think this also feels different when your offense features the league's leading rusher and the league's leading receiver. Winning close games just doesn't look and seem as ugly when it's the defense that struggles while the offense puts up numbers.

True. All-World offense covers up the holes in the defense. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

True. All-World offense covers up the holes in the defense. 

Beyond that, I think it would just be less frustrating for the fans. If you're beating bad teams 31-27, at least it means your franchise quarterback and the side of the ball that you've poured all of your assets into is doing its job. It's a lot harder to figure out what's going on and how to fix it when the side of the ball with, in theory, lesser personnel is the one keeping you in and winning games. We could easily explain away defensive struggles and point to the offseason as a time to shore up the defense. With the offense, it's a lot more difficult because at some point, we can't keep spending high draft pick after high draft pick on one side of the ball.

With SF now on a 2 game winning streak with Garropollo at QB, our putrid offense, and playing our 2nd game on the road out west, there's a very decent chance we lose this next game. 

I don't see us beating LA or Jax given our offense this year regardless if we are at home. 0-4 to end the season is a very strong possibility and though it would suck to miss the playoffs, I hope it'd be enough to get a coaching over haul.

Ending 0-4 to finish 8-8 would be the Fisher thing to do and it's very, very possible. I'm not expecting much else from Mularkay and Robiscuits honestly lol buffoonery at its finest

• 2 weeks later...

Archived