NFL Playoff Race

titans0021

1 hour ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

There is a possibility that we can go 2-2 the last 4 weeks and miss the playoffs even at 10-6. We need to beat Jax week 17 if they don't drop any.

The way the AFC is this year, I feel comfortable that 10 wins will get us a playoff spot.

Teams we'd be fighting for that last spot like the Bills, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers would have to go undefeated from here on out to reach 10 wins. And most of them play each other.

11 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

The way the AFC is this year, I feel comfortable that 10 wins will get us a playoff spot.

Teams we'd be fighting for that last spot like the Bills, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers would have to go undefeated from here on out to reach 10 wins. And most of them play each other.

That's true, but you never know who can get hot and make a run. They just need to take care of business week 17 and win the division. The home playoff game would mean so much to this team.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Yep 10 wins will definitely get us in. Going 2-2 will be tough though.

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep 10 wins will definitely get us in. Going 2-2 will be tough though.

You know, I can actually see us squeaking out the 4 wins and going 4-0 but I can just as easily see us dropping all 4 games and missing the playoffs.

Just don't know with this team.

You guys are some sad sad sad Titan fans. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Robiskie and don’t have long term faith in Mularkey but I havnt killed this team like you 2 are. What else do the Titans have to do? What difference does it make if they win by 11 or 30? A W is a W they are 6-1 at home this year this franchise didn’t have 6 wins at home in 3 or 4 years combined and now “we just don’t know with this team.” In your eyes the only way you will be happy is if they win 40-7 every game the rest of the way and win a SB. The reality is this team isn’t going to win a SB. This team could drop a game here down the stretch but they are in a great spot. For some of yous it sounds like it’s SB or bust if that’s the case why waste your time watching? It’s a process we just arnt there yet. There is nothing wrong in saying that. I’m enjoying the ride things are frustrating at times but we are WINNING GAMES.

For “we just don’t know with this team” I know with this team we have beaten bad teams like we were suppose too and have split with the 4 good teams he have played. Titans beat a healthy Seattle team with the man who should win the MVP of the league this year

Titans will be in the playoffs they might even win a round if they do that then I have no complaints what so ever. In my mind our season should end in Pittsburgh or New England and there is no shame in that at all

I’m happy with being 8-4 but I’m not blind to the fact that we could lose to anyone.  You just admitted that we are not going to the SB. I never said it was SB or bust. I’d be happy with making the playoffs even as a WC team.  Just because we are 8-4 doesn’t mean I have to have confidence in this team winning any of the final 4 games.  Doesn’t mean I don’t want them to win. I just know this team has the “talent” to be WAY better than they are. Honestly if you take away the bs from the refs in Miami, we should be 9-3 with Cassel getting that win. No team is going to go out and blowout every opponent they play(even the bad ones) but is watching the same issues every week(regardless of 8-4) deserves some criticism. Slow starts, inconsistent pass-rush, continuing to bash our heads into a brick wall even though it isn’t working, etc. That deserves some criticism because it can be so much better. No body is bitching about the record. 8-4 is great but there are also some people that are not blind to the fact that this team could still lose to even the worst team in football(ex: Beating the Browns 12-9)

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

You guys are some sad sad sad Titan fans. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Robiskie and don’t have long term faith in Mularkey but I havnt killed this team like you 2 are. What else do the Titans have to do? What difference does it make if they win by 11 or 30? A W is a W they are 6-1 at home this year this franchise didn’t have 6 wins at home in 3 or 4 years combined and now “we just don’t know with this team.” In your eyes the only way you will be happy is if they win 40-7 every game the rest of the way and win a SB. The reality is this team isn’t going to win a SB. This team could drop a game here down the stretch but they are in a great spot. For some of yous it sounds like it’s SB or bust if that’s the case why waste your time watching? It’s a process we just arnt there yet. There is nothing wrong in saying that. I’m enjoying the ride things are frustrating at times but we are WINNING GAMES.

For “we just don’t know with this team” I know with this team we have beaten bad teams like we were suppose too and have split with the 4 good teams he have played. Titans beat a healthy Seattle team with the man who should win the MVP of the league this year

Titans will be in the playoffs they might even win a round if they do that then I have no complaints what so ever. In my mind our season should end in Pittsburgh or New England and there is no shame in that at all

Lol..chill, my man. I think, at worse, we'll go 2-2 in this stretch. All I'm saying is that it's possible we go 0-4. And while I'd be highly, highly disappointed if that happens, it wouldn't totally shock me.

Look, these close wins are great, but we're playing with fire doing so. Sooner or later, it's going to burn us(it may not be until next year).

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m happy with being 8-4 but I’m not blind to the fact that we could lose to anyone.  You just admitted that we are not going to the SB. I never said it was SB or bust. I’d be happy with making the playoffs even as a WC team.  Just because we are 8-4 doesn’t mean I have to have confidence in this team winning any of the final 4 games.  Doesn’t mean I don’t want them to win. I just know this team has the “talent” to be WAY better than they are. Honestly if you take away the bs from the refs in Miami, we should be 9-3 with Cassel getting that win. No team is going to go out and blowout every opponent they play(even the bad ones) but is watching the same issues every week(regardless of 8-4) deserves some criticism. Slow starts, inconsistent pass-rush, continuing to bash our heads into a brick wall even though it isn’t working, etc. That deserves some criticism because it can be so much better. No body is bitching about the record. 8-4 is great but there are also some people that are not blind to the fact that this team could still lose to even the worst team in football(ex: Beating the Browns 12-9)

Its the NFL any team can lose to any team but the fact that we have won 8 games with 4 left is a remarkable thing for this team after all we have endured for the last 9 years. We all latch on to 99 and 02 and all those good McNair years the fact is those games weren’t all pretty either. You just seem like your expecting the let down and won’t be happy until we win the SB so that anything we do that’s short of a SB your just going to be pessimistic so it don’t hurt as bad. 

Pats could easily go into Pittsburgh in a few weeks and lose then go back into Pittsburgh in January and blow the doors off of them it’s the NFL we have no idea how thing are going to shake out but that’s the fun of all this and the Titans are in the discussion to be apart of playoff football and I’m happy

The most intriguing thing about the Titans is I truly feel if everything clicked in the next few weeks if the running game gets going, if Mariota doesn’t turn the ball over the rate he was a few weeks ago, if something clicks for Corey Davis, if the pass rush gets home more consistently the Titans are a tough out in the playoffs. I know it’s a lot of “If’s” but none of those are farfetched and teams have caught fire before and won SBs like GB NYG BAL in recent years it does happen and I’m ready for the ride 

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Lol..chill, my man. I think, at worse, we'll go 2-2 in this stretch. All I'm saying is that it's possible we go 0-4. And while I'd be highly, highly disappointed if that happens, it wouldn't totally shock me.

Look, these close wins are great, but we're playing with fire doing so. Sooner or later, it's going to burn us(it may not be until next year).

I get we are playing with fire but like I’ve stated before our beloved Titans teams in the past have won like this. The fact that we are winning these games are a lot different than the results we seen in the last 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 years of football. The teams 8-4 I’m not saying throw a parade but my god it’s so hard for some people to come in here and give credit where credit is due. I want to enjoy this I know it’s far from over but for the time being we a relatively healthy. They teams grinding. Adoree Jackson is flat out balling at CB teams don’t even throw at the guy right now. There a lot to be proud of but man lover the pestemism just a little bit 

13 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Its the NFL any team can lose to any team but the fact that we have won 8 games with 4 left is a remarkable thing for this team after all we have endured for the last 9 years. We all latch on to 99 and 02 and all those good McNair years the fact is those games weren’t all pretty either. You just seem like your expecting the let down and won’t be happy until we win the SB so that anything we do that’s short of a SB your just going to be pessimistic so it don’t hurt as bad. 

Nope never said anything like that but nice try. This team isn’t winning a SB with Mularkey regardless. He gets outcoached far too often for that. I don’t care what happened during those times. We also had a defense to rely on back then. Coming into this season, I expected the playoffs. That would be improvement off of last season. Anything else is just just a bonus. Do I think we have the talent to win a SB? Yes. Do we have the coaching staff to win it? Hell no

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Nope never said anything like that but nice try. This team isn’t winning a SB with Mularkey regardless. He gets outcoached far too often for that. I don’t care what happened during those times. We also had a defense to rely on back then. Coming into this season, I expected the playoffs. That would be improvement off of last season. Anything else is just just a bonus. Do I think we have the talent to win a SB? Yes. Do we have the coaching staff to win it? Hell no

I have my own issues with Mularkey -- his decisions this offseason will be very telling -- but I don't know how much I agree with the bold. I know the playoffs are a completely different animal and I'd be admittedly very nervous to see him against BB (to go to that extreme), but I don't see him being blatantly outcoached for durations of games all that often. We are winning close games that we typically lose. Does he have the killer instinct? No, but the resiliency this team has shown week in and week out since last year is astounding. He whooped McCarthy and came back to beat Reid. Beat Harbaugh this year and has been winning in the division this season.

I think it's easy to forget how hard it is to win in the NFL, especially in the division. All division games are going to be tough. You see the teams 2x a year every year. They know each other inside and out. Like last night on MNF, Big Ben said it best at the end of the game: AFC North football. Now he meant a lot by that, but it's so hard to go into a divisional team's house and win. Mularkey is winning games at an impressive rate -- aren't we 16-8 in our last 24 games? 66% win percentage right there.

I get the issues, big time...but not every turnaround is as sexy as the Rams this year or the Saints once Brees/Payton came. Our turnaround has been ugly, but a turnaround nonetheless. Demons from our past are slowly disappearing

Archived