49ers trade for Christian McCaffery

GW21

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We've been moving the ball well all season but keep stalling out for one reason or another

Adding a homerun back will hopefully put us over the edge

Midseason acquisitions can certainly help a lot.....I wasn't too happy with the picks we gave up for Emmanuel Sanders back in 2019, but he energised our team and helped lead us to the SB. We were still able to build out our roster too. And then of course, look at the Rams with Von Miller/OBJ last season

we are 17th in yards per game.  We are moving the ball about average, but very inconsistently.  

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That monsoon game against the Bears, and the Denver game are probably weighing everything down. Sample size is still small. 

I'll give you the monsoon game, because that was a unique non-football event that affected the yardage stat.  The Denver game was just a bad game, and every offense's worst game weighs their yardage totals down, the two best games prop it up, and the two middle games are very middley.  They all count, this team has been average at best on offense.  I actually felt this team was having more trouble moving the ball than 17th.

It just feels flat.  Harbaugh said you are either getting better, or getting worse.  The offense was getting worse, but now that we have McCaffery there is hope it will get better.  It gives the unit a chance to build some positive momentum and continue the improvement.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I'll give you the monsoon game, because that was a unique non-football event that affected the yardage stat.  The Denver game was just a bad game, and every offense's worst game weighs their yardage totals down, the two best games prop it up, and the two middle games are very middley.  They all count, this team has been average at best on offense.  I actually felt this team was having more trouble moving the ball than 17th.

It just feels flat.  Harbaugh said you are either getting better, or getting worse.  The offense was getting worse, but now that we have McCaffery there is hope it will get better.  It gives the unit a chance to build some positive momentum and continue the improvement.  

Well, CMC inspiring the backups and role players to catch the ball would be a start. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

Wow! The one time we were in the mix for someone that we actually got. Super excited about the prospect of him being healthy and this offense, but it has to be said, Kyle you got more than enough pieces now. You need to make it happen! 

Were the 49ers the only team in the mix for Emmanuel Sanders when he was traded from Denver? I can't remember. 

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Were the 49ers the only team in the mix for Emmanuel Sanders when he was traded from Denver? I can't remember. 

He was the fall back after sanu. Never heard any others in on him, but I'm sure some were interested. But sanu ended up costing the pats a second

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yupppppp...wonder how that conversation will go. 

Might be like the one they had with Kendrick Bourne about #10. I believe it went something like ‘hey Jimmy is taking 10, you need to pick a new number’.