49ers trade for Christian McCaffery

GW21

1 minute ago, Psychlone said:

Shanny looking at the Rams going, "What draft picks? Cause it worked...

For what its worth, I believe we may have 8 or 9 picks in the draft AFTER making this deal

We were never going to use all of them. Not enough holes on this team to have 12 draft picks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

For what its worth, I believe we may have 8 or 9 picks in the draft AFTER making this deal

We were never going to use all of them. Not enough holes on this team to have 12 draft picks. 

Yep. Depends how the comp picks play out. 

2x third round comps (Mayhew/Saleh and mcd)

Our own fifth

Projected 5th from DJ Jones

Our own 7

Denver 7 (Jonas Griffith)

2x projected 7th round comp picks (mostert & key). 

The mostert / key picks I guess aren't really a lock, but we could add another three if demeco gets hired

6 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Too bad we don't play the Packers next. 

I dont think they are making the playoffs this year, despite the NFC being what it is

That defense is not good. Individually, they have some good players on that side of the ball, but they dont play as a unit. I thought for sure after they spent two firsts on defense this year to pair with their secondary and solid enough DL pieces that they would be a top 10 unit. whoops lol 

Their offense is broken. Trying to replace Adams with watson was a huge mistake. They needed to do more there. 

Youd think they would at least be able to run the ball... nope

Watch us pick another RB with one of those comp picks lol.

I initially hated it because of the compensation, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. 2nd rounder could have been in 2024, but whatever. Still have a couple of picks to deal with the loss of personnel. His cost is totally manageable.

Still curious as to how much he can actually elevate the Offense. It's also ironic that a team struggling with injuries as much as the Niners do get another player who hasn't been able to stay healthy.