Fire Dennis Allen

gen. manager

20 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Dennis Allen is a joke. He was a joke with the Raiders too. He needs to be fired ASAP. Letting the peanut vendor guy coach the rest of the season would be an upgrade over Allen. 

The Saints front office is desperate for a reason to retain DA. 

Saints 3 toughest opponents left are 49ers, Bucs & Eagles... he goes 2-1 or better in those games he will keep his job.

If he goes 0-3 but beats the Falcons, Panthers and Browns its anyone's guess.

If he goes 0-3 in those games and also loses one or two of the easy ones, he's done.

Well here we are, just got shutout by the 49ers. 

We could be tied at the top of our crappy division, but couldn't even muster a single point.

The team has no rhythm, no continuity, no QB, and no coach. The defense is somewhat okay, but this offense just sucks. There's no imagination in play calling, and we'll, I could go on.

Time to burn it down and start over.

Keeping Dalton as the starting QB seems to be working out great! ...... Keep up the good work Dennis! 👍

I've said it before, but this version of the Saints is unwatchable.  Pete Carmichael obviously didn't pay enough attention to Sean Payton's play scheming, because he sucks. Let's toss him on the burn pile too along with Dennis the Menace.

Edited by SWATcha

On our last 2 drives of the game we had 7 plays inside the 10 yard line to try to score a touchdown. We ran 1 time in those 7 plays. In other words, our coaching staff thought we were far more likely to score a touchdown with Dalton passing the ball rather than utilizing Kamara/Hill who have historically been excellent in these short yardage type situations.

I think that was was my breaking point for this coaching staff. Wouldn’t be upset if we look elsewhere for next season.

• Like 1

Dennis Allen probably gets another full season next year. They’ll use the injury excuse for him and they’ll probably fire and hire some new assistants. I also believe DA is much easier to work with than Sean Payton so they definitely want to keep him around and make it work, just for that reason alone. Payton was the de facto GM and Loomis carried out his orders. Loomis gets to be the GM again and Allen just coaches the football team. I think we’re seeing just how good Loomis is without a hall of fame coach. You hired a puppet and wanted to pull the strings. Look where it’s gotten the organization. 

Honestly...Maybe a hot take here...but with the re-emergence of the defense I'm almost beginning to put more blame on Pete Carmichael...

The penalty issues aren't new and they aren't really a Dennis Allen issue. Last year, under Sean Payton the Saints finished with 98 penalties (and had 14 declined). This year the Saints have 80 with 5 games remaining... they will likely finish with around 98 penalties again. In 2020 the Saints once again finished with 98 penalties... 

The offense has been putrid, bland and un-creative since the beginning of the season. Dennis Allen is going to get another year, time to accept that. I am interested to see if they can compete in the division next year with an actual OC. 

Can we add on, fire Dennis Allen for having testicles the size of grains of sand? 4th and 1 and he punted instead of trying to bury the dagger. The 3rd and 1 call was just stupid as well......but he didn't call that. Fire Pete Carmichael too. Saying it again.

Well Dennis Allen doesn’t call the plays but he hears them through his headset. Let’s not act like he can’t overrule a play call. He’s the head coach. He can’t just be tasked with focusing on the defense. He runs the entire show. He should have a hand in those offensive game plans as well and I’m sure he does, which has led to a lot of these conservative offensive game plans in my opinion. The guy seems to think in today’s football landscape that a defense can carry you and that’s just not the case anymore. Your offense has to lead your team.

3 hours ago, gen. manager said:

Well Dennis Allen doesn’t call the plays but he hears them through his headset. Let’s not act like he can’t overrule a play call. He’s the head coach. He can’t just be tasked with focusing on the defense. He runs the entire show. He should have a hand in those offensive game plans as well and I’m sure he does, which has led to a lot of these conservative offensive game plans in my opinion. The guy seems to think in today’s football landscape that a defense can carry you and that’s just not the case anymore. Your offense has to lead your team.

For sure. At the same time, you can’t micromanage. He trusts Carmichael to run the offensive plays. Look, I don’t think DA is a good head coach… I also don’t think he’s a bad head coach. I think he’s an average HC, with a terrible OC and no QB. We should move on from both regardless. 

On 11/27/2022 at 10:20 PM, tyler735 said:

On our last 2 drives of the game we had 7 plays inside the 10 yard line to try to score a touchdown. We ran 1 time in those 7 plays. In other words, our coaching staff thought we were far more likely to score a touchdown with Dalton passing the ball rather than utilizing Kamara/Hill who have historically been excellent in these short yardage type situations.

I think that was was my breaking point for this coaching staff. Wouldn’t be upset if we look elsewhere for next season.

1 week later and in yet another crucial short yardage situation, we put the ball in Dalton's hands (with a designed quick pass to Callaway...) rather than running it with Kamara/Hill. Ingram obviously put us in a bad spot by running out of bounds 1 yard before the first down, but why in the world do we not just line up Hill under center with Kamara in the backfield and run a QB sneak with Taysom Hill, a guy that is one of the most powerful runners in the league. It's not rocket science. Even if the defense knows it's coming they are very unlikely to stop Hill from getting a yard on a QB sneak.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

1 week later and in yet another crucial short yardage situation, we put the ball in Dalton's hands (with a designed quick pass to Callaway...) rather than running it with Kamara/Hill. Ingram obviously put us in a bad spot by running out of bounds 1 yard before the first down, but why in the world do we not just line up Hill under center with Kamara in the backfield and run a QB sneak with Taysom Hill, a guy that is one of the most powerful runners in the league. It's not rocket science. Even if the defense knows it's coming they are very unlikely to stop Hill from getting a yard on a QB sneak.

Yep. Its pathetic.

6 hours ago, Kingram said:

For sure. At the same time, you can’t micromanage. He trusts Carmichael to run the offensive plays. Look, I don’t think DA is a good head coach… I also don’t think he’s a bad head coach. I think he’s an average HC, with a terrible OC and no QB. We should move on from both regardless. 

Why can’t he micromanage? If the offense was playing well, sure, let Carmichael do his job. But he has to see what everyone else sees and he’s gotta do something. That offense has no identity. I’m shocked when they score touchdowns at this point. And the guy’s record is 12-37. 24.5% winning percentage. Average is being way too kind to him. Once the Saints fire him, he’ll never be a head coach again. 

• Like 1