Fire Dennis Allen

gen. manager

Sounds like the bidding war is starting for Sean Payton. Broncos set up a meeting with him and it sounds like the Cardinals are expected to soon as well. We should come out of this with at least a 1st round pick and likely some other high picks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Sounds like the bidding war is starting for Sean Payton. Broncos set up a meeting with him and it sounds like the Cardinals are expected to soon as well. We should come out of this with at least a 1st round pick and likely some other high picks.

I wonder if there are any players we could throw in the mix. We could use a running back (Kamara will likely miss many games to suspension and/or jail time) and D-line.

11 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I wonder if there are any players we could throw in the mix. We could use a running back (Kamara will likely miss many games to suspension and/or jail time) and D-line.

I thought I saw somewhere that players aren’t allowed to be involved in coach trades only draft picks, which I wasn’t aware of before that. I do agree though between Kamara’s suspension and approaching 30 years old, a RB should be a priority in the near future. This draft appears to be loaded with quality RB’s, so hopefully we draft one this year.

• Like 1

I know DA is likely staying at least another year, but holy hell he better fire his entire offensive staff. No reason you should squander as many opportunities as we do. We have no creativity on the offensive end. Pete is a product of Drew and Sean, nothing more. He has no creativity. 2nd and long? How about a dive. 3rd and 3? How about another dive? Running back plays best in space? Dive. Tired of it.

This was a fitting end to a terrible season. Glad it's over.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I know DA is likely staying at least another year, but holy hell he better fire his entire offensive staff. No reason you should squander as many opportunities as we do. We have no creativity on the offensive end. Pete is a product of Drew and Sean, nothing more. He has no creativity. 2nd and long? How about a dive. 3rd and 3? How about another dive? Running back plays best in space? Dive. Tired of it.

This was a fitting end to a terrible season. Glad it's over.

Yeah Pete has been trash as a play caller this season. I’m still baffled by the below tweet being mentioned last month about finding more ways to effectively utilize Kamara to get the best out of him.

Since that tweet, the Saints have continued to run Kamara almost exclusively up the middle, have done 0 screen plays to him from my recollection, and have targeted Kamara in the pass game just 12 times over the past 5 games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah Pete has been trash as a play caller this season. I’m still baffled by the below tweet being mentioned last month about finding more ways to effectively utilize Kamara to get the best out of him.

Since that tweet, the Saints have continued to run Kamara almost exclusively up the middle, have done 0 screen plays to him from my recollection, and have targeted Kamara in the pass game just 12 times over the past 5 games. 

I'm okay with DA being a tank commander next season, but I cannot watch this team if Pete is calling plays again. If I know what the play is going to be on 2nd and 10 there is a f***ing problem.

• Like 1

Honestly… I think DA did an average job. He kind of reminds me of Dan Campbell. The locker room likes him and the defense was a top 10 unit again.

Pete’s downfall was trusting Pete Carmichael to figure it out, it never happened. I’m pretty confident if we bring in a competent OC this team makes the playoffs next year. Call me crazy. 

On 1/11/2023 at 4:24 PM, tyler735 said:

Broncos

Cardinals 

Texans

All have formal interviews set up for Payton. Looking more and more like we are going to get a nice haul from trading Payton.

Wondering if the Chargers will make a change after last night's tank. Payton + Herbert.... wowzers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Wondering if the Chargers will make a change after last night's tank. Payton + Herbert.... wowzers!

I'm hoping for this. I think it would be entertaining to see Payton paired with another talented QB for the next decade. I could also get on board rooting for the Chargers as they've never won a Super Bowl.

• Like 1

Texans or Chargers are my preferred destinations for Payton. Chargers haven't fired Staley yet and they're notoriously cheap, so that's an unlikely landing spot. The Texans have the 2nd overall pick, enough draft capital to not care about sending a 1st our way, and they're out of conference. Would be interesting to see Sean build something with a rookie QB, plenty of cap space, plenty of draft capital, and a weak division.