Bucs @ Panthers

one_of_a_kind24

5 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

However I disagree with your "if you work for idiots statement". It doesn't matter you still have to come in and earn your paycheck. Guys like NFL players who quit after they get paid are just as bad if not worse than the lackluster coaching staff. 

Sure you have to earn a paycheck but who's holding them accountable if they play like ****?

It just starts with leadership (which we have none rn) even those players that stop playing after getting paid only do so because they get away with it. If the leadership is there then players will play hard because they want to and right now, no one looks like they want to play hard (maybe David and AWJ)

It's just a crying shame that this coaching staff can mess up a roster this loaded. I have hated Leftwich for a while but even I didn't think it'd get THIS bad.

Bowles has no spine to deal with what we need to happen, which is a major overhaul.

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Sure you have to earn a paycheck but who's holding them accountable if they play like ****?

It just starts with leadership (which we have none rn) even those players that stop playing after getting paid only do so because they get away with it. If the leadership is there then players will play hard because they want to and right now, no one looks like they want to play hard (maybe David and AWJ)

It's just a crying shame that this coaching staff can mess up a roster this loaded. I have hated Leftwich for a while but even I didn't think it'd get THIS bad.

Bowles has no spine to deal with what we need to happen, which is a major overhaul.

I think it's just as big of a problem with grown men who check out mentally after a pay day vs. coaches who can't motivate them. I somehow have a hard time finding Bowles being a problem when many players around the league respect him and love playing for him. Suh literally came to tampa in 2019 and gave up ring chasing just to play for Todd Bowles. 

19 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

He is so bad. He over runs every play or gets lost in coverage. Honestly - I'd try to trade him. So many good teams find value at the ILB position. It's not a perenial position that I'd invest a ton of cash in. See what you can get and move on. 

Agree 💯

He isn't worth the money he will command

Could get an early ish pick (idk 3rd 🤷‍♂️?)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

that would be ideal, i just dont think we have a ton of leverage so I'm not sure what we could really ask for ya know

Yeah...I remember seeing last year not being able to extend Godwin before the Franchise Tag deadline forced them to resign Carlton Davis when they wanted to tag him to prove it. They also weren't ready to resign Devin White either as this would be a year they would evaluate him knowing they had the 5th year option.