Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

3 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

But you want to keep Murphy around?  The architect for all of this...and the one that insisted on re-signing Rodgers to a $50 million contract.  Gute was just carrying the water for Murphy.  Plus he is the one that put into place the three headed monster.  Gute cannot fire LeFleur without Murphy's permission as LeFleur reports to Murphy.  Hell even the cap guy reports to Murphy instead of Gute.  Gute's got the title but he's really not in charge...Murphy is.

Certainly not.  this mucked up organization is his responsibility.

4 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Or maybe LeFleur was hiding Rodgers flaws.  And trust me...I'm not a big fan of LeFleur.

I really don't think so.  I think Rodgers is savvy enough to operate in any scheme and may have found some rhythm in it in 2020-2021, but LaFleur has been had in all those years by better defensive coordinators.  I'm more than willing to bet if you gave him a different QB, you'd still see these same results.

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

To be quite honest, I don't think giving Gute another shot at a QB is a great idea.  So far, he has:  traded for Kizer, traded up to draft Love, and given Rodgers an absurd contract.  Why would we want to give him another shot?

I see what you're saying, but how many GMs are consistantly hitting on QBs or even finding them in general? It's hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Idk if it’s MLF or Gute but this team stinks in all three phases of the game. There is plenty of talent on the team, so I’m inclined to say MLF just isn’t getting it done this year.

Gute has his fault.  As I said, I think he's done a good job finding some talent with defense, tho it's hard to tell right now because Joe Barry is misusing it.  But he's stunk on offense by failing to go after marquee WR draft picks until this year, signing and drafting awful TEs like Graham, Sternberger, and Deguara, and stinking with his OL picks outside of Jenkins and Meyers.

But Matt LaFleur has devised some of the most ridiculous game plans to date, and ... well when they've worked they've worked, but when they don't, he can't fix them apparently.  I thought Kliff Kingsbury was bad, yet he looks like Bill Walsh in his prime compared to LaFleur right now.

7 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Gute has his fault.  As I said, I think he's done a good job finding some talent with defense, tho it's hard to tell right now because Joe Barry is misusing it.  But he's stunk on offense by failing to go after marquee WR draft picks until this year, signing and drafting awful TEs like Graham, Sternberger, and Deguara, and stinking with his OL picks outside of Jenkins and Meyers.

But Matt LaFleur has devised some of the most ridiculous game plans to date, and ... well when they've worked they've worked, but when they don't, he can't fix them apparently.  I thought Kliff Kingsbury was bad, yet he looks like Bill Walsh in his prime compared to LaFleur right now.

Ya man and it just seems like the guys arent playing well all around. There are bonehead plays in all three phases. That has to be on the head coach right?? 

5 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Head coach is conservative and doesn’t seem to have that killer instinct in him. That has permeated its way through the entire staff and players. That’s my .02

All gas no break though

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think this is overstated, and we haven't done much at TE too right? Like if you wanna argue we need to do more, that's cool. But it's a UDFA we kept, 3rd round hybrid fullbacky dude and Stern? Signing Big Dog I guess.

No it isn't.  I think Jenkins (when he plays at his usual guard position) and Meyers are decent picks, but his failures to get a RT, and even a left to backup Bakh when he's been hurt have killed this offense.

And yes our TE group outside of Tonyan has been trash, or in Lewis's case too old to be a passing game weapon.

6 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

No it isn't.  I think Jenkins (when he plays at his usual guard position) and Meyers are decent picks, but his failures to get a RT, and even a left to backup Bakh when he's been hurt have killed this offense.

And yes our TE group outside of Tonyan has been trash, or in Lewis's case too old to be a passing game weapon.

I forgot about Jimmy Graham too. There's worst backup LTs than Yosh around and Tom seemed fine to me today and he's a rookie. I refuse to agree he's bad at getting OL, there's also the fact they've been just too shuffled around (and coming back from injuries) for it to feel fair right now.

TE, yeah it sucks. My point was he hasn't invested much in it either. But still JG and 2 3rds(?) I think? Not great either.