Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

This shouldn’t really be a huge surprise.  With the salary cap falling the team didn’t have the money to go out and grab the free agent talent needed at wide receiver and offensive line.

On top of that, your two best OL are still recovering from ACL injuries and not up to the level of play the had before the injuries.

The interior players are inexperienced non-top tier players and OL is a position where experience matters for journeyman type players.

Then there is Rodgers bad throwing hand.

I think Lafleur is doing what he can with the talent he has.

The only criticism I would throw out there is I wish that Gute would look at more than RAST score with wide receivers and make sure they can actually catch the ball.

This team is not as talented as people thought.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I expect this is a bigger deal than we realize.

I like criticizing Rodgers as much as the next guy, but the number of inaccurate throws he is making per game is more than just being out of sync with the new WR's.

• Like 4

So frustrating watching KC who picks later than us every year but always seem to find these explosive WRs and RBs. All we do is draft tall receivers who can't separate or catch the ball. They lose their best WR and got better, we lose our best WR and got terribly worse.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 2

Just now, St Vince said:

So frustrating watching KC who picks later than us everyyear but always seem to find these explosive WRs and RBs. All we do is draft tall receivers who can't separate or catch the ball. They lose their best WR and got better, we lose our best WR and got terribly worse.

Blocking, RAC and big hands. It's the GB motto. 

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

So frustrating watching KC who picks later than us everyyear but always seem to find these explosive WRs and RBs. All we do is draft tall receivers who can't separate or catch the ball. They lose their best WR and got better, we lose our best WR and got terribly worse.

We don’t seem to prioritize athleticism or explosiveness as qualities of WR. Outside of Watson we just don’t go for that mold. 

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Their two 100 yard guys today came from other teams and we all know where MVS comes from.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

This shouldn’t really be a huge surprise.  With the salary cap falling the team didn’t have the money to go out and grab the free agent talent needed at wide receiver and offensive line.

On top of that, your two best OL are still recovering from ACL injuries and not up to the level of play the had before the injuries.

The interior players are inexperienced non-top tier players and OL is a position where experience matters for journeyman type players.

I think Lafleur is doing what he can with the talent he has.

The only criticism I would throw out there is I wish that Gute would look at more than RAST score with wide receivers and make sure they can actually catch the ball.

This team is not as talented as people thought.  

Agreed... But they are rookies. Hopefully the drops get resolved like they did with Davante and not persist like MVS in GB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am confident we can pry Shanahan from SF, then talk Salah into leaving NYJ to be our DC

Crazier things have happened. Then we can re do all the divisions and conferences in college and the NFL for no reason next. (that's the other thing that dude is obsessed with)

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Agreed... But they are rookies. Hopefully the drops get resolved like they did with Davante and not persist like MVS in GB.

We can hope, but it seems like a pattern is developing-  J’mon Moore, MVS, Christian Watson- they all had the rap in college for drops, and it showed up here.

Gute does well with DB’s, but I feel like he believes you can coach up good hands when picking wide receivers.  I don’t think Rodgers has the mind set to deal with that approach.