Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

59 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Geez you guys.  Calling for heads.  Entitlement town for sure.  MLF has proven himself to be an excellent football coach.  Likewise Gute has made several very astute moves to get us in contention the last 3 years.  Hey I get it losing sucks but common you just don't tear down an organization that has been highly successful.  Now as far as Aaron he definitely is not right.  Mobiltiy isn't there and netiher is his arm.  Thumb is a major deal apparently. 

If you need any proof he couldn't chuck it into the end zone on the last play.  Should have been a hail mary.  Accuracy and arm strength not there.   Not sure if he has just hit the wall or his thumb is sereiously fubared.  He wasn't playing all the great before the injury either though.  Bak MIA again.  This is his last year playing for the Packers.  Very well might be Rodgers last year too.  

As far as the game today the team didn't quit.  They fought and played hard.  A lot had to go right for Washington to win.  Washington played a hell of a game.  Anyway doesn't look to be our year.  Even if the Pack doesn't make the playoffs you don't fire MFL or Gute.  They are good at their jobs.  Get the bar is set high but come on.  Tried to run it back one more year with Aaron.  It was a good gamble he still looked great last year.  Thought Gute put together a roster that could compete.  Looks like the gamble went the other way on us.  Oh well.  We'll have to live with the consequences.  

Tell you OT has to be high on the list of draft needs.  Gute will have to put some draft capital into the Offense for a change.  Maybe a FA signing or two as well.  Not sure Aaron will be back if the Packers aren't competitive probably not. As far as Love we don't know if he's any good or not.  Kid needs some playing time.  If we are out of the playoffs it would be good time to try to find out what we have in him. 

Season isn't over yet though.  Watch them go and beat Buffalo next week.  Don't expect it but they will be ready to play. 

No on just about all counts here.  LaFleur ain't no excellent coach.  Might have had a little run going for a bit there in 2019 and mostly 2020, but his stupidity got exposed when he decided to kick that FG instead of going for it in the NFCCG that year.  And now we're seeing him for what he really is.  A head coach who can't keep the inmates from running the asylum when they're faced with challenges.

And Gute ... Man the guy isn't cutting it.  The only degree to which I'd say he's somewhat helped this team get into contention is finding some of the talent we currently have on defense.  But his failures on offense are why we weren't able to capitalize on the window we had to get Rodgers a Superbowl win over the last few years.  That's unacceptable and ya damn right he should be thrown overboard along with LaFleur for it.

And it's ridiculous to try and spin some kind of moral victory on today's game when it's now the 3rd loss in a row and against one of the worst teams in football to boot.  No no no.  One or two losses including last week, hey I would have said let things play out a bit more, especially because I actually do think the Jets and Giants are playoff teams.  But 3 in a row and against a garbage team like this one and you can barely break 100 offensive yards ... You got big issues and sure Rodgers is part of the problem, but nobody else on this offense outside of Aaron Jones is doing squat.

LaFleur is a total boob of a coach and he needs to go.

Hey you can always dream we beat Buffalo, but that don't make it so.  It's not just that they're good, but our team always stinks in that city without fail, so ... Yeah I don't think that curse is gonna end in front of their sold out Sunday night crowd next week.

Edited by LLcheesehead12
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Why are we talking about Nick Saban?

I believe we have a roll tide fan here who dreams of him becoming the Packers head coach.

41 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Watson's problem is he can't stay on the field so we really don't know what we have with this kid.

This.  Hopefully he won't end up flaming out because of injuries because so far I've actually liked what I've seen of him.  Now others like Amari Rodgers through I have doubts on.

I wonder how much of this product is Aaron vs MLF. How much freedom does Rodgers have to change things? Who is responsible for the final call in our plays that fail? Succeed? 

Without knowing that. Without knowing who has been responsible for Aaron Jones lack of touches, it's hard to say who the bigger problem is. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I wonder how much of this product is Aaron vs MLF. How much freedom does Rodgers have to change things? Who is responsible for the final call in our plays that fail? Succeed? 

Without knowing that. Without knowing who has been responsible for Aaron Jones lack of touches, it's hard to say who the bigger problem is. 

The bigger problem right now is the lack of plays overall. Aaron Jones had 18 "touches" today. That includes 8 runs and 9 receptions on 10 targets. Packers ran a total of 47 plays. So he was 38% of the offense. Hard to ask for more than that. 

The bad stat there is 47 offensive plays. That's a combination, once again, of poor offense (not sustaining drives) and poor 2nd half defense resulting in long drives by the opposing offense while ours sits on the sidelines. That's been the trend the last 3 weeks. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It does bother me a bit that the FOX guys brought up that whole thing about Rodgers bringing up the whole "simplify" statement and LaFleur said he didn't know what he meant.  Personally I think maybe he meant trying to stick to plays that some of the younger guys would understand more, as well as him not trying to go for the more complex deep ball plays.  And he actually laid off of those for the most part today, aside from when we really needed them.

I seriously think tho that the beef we have with Aaron Jones being under used is on LafFleur because I think he got too afraid of wearing him down that he's over compensated by limiting him too much.  Problem is Dillon is mostly a one trick pony who's best as a downhill runner and not so much a pass catcher, and our banged up lack of continuity receiving core is failing, so if we don't use Jones more in the passing game, our receiving weapons are limited.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

No on just about all counts here.  LaFleur ain't no excellent coach.  Might have had a little run going for a bit there in 2019 and mostly 2020, but his stupidity got exposed when he decided to kick that FG instead of going for it in the NFCCG that year.  And now we're seeing him for what he really is.  A head coach who can't keep the inmates from running the asylum when they're faced with challenges.

And Gute ... Man the guy isn't cutting it.  The only degree to which I'd say he's somewhat helped this team get into contention is finding some of the talent we currently have on defense.  But his failures on offense are why we weren't able to capitalize on the window we had to get Rodgers a Superbowl win over the last few years.  That's unacceptable and ya damn right he should be thrown overboard along with LaFleur for it.

And it's ridiculous to try and spin some kind of moral victory on today's game when it's now the 3rd loss in a row and against one of the worst teams in football to boot.  No no no.  One or two losses including last week, hey I would have said let things play out a bit more, especially because I actually do think the Jets and Giants are playoff teams.  But 3 in a row and against a garbage team like this one and you can barely break 100 offensive yards ... You got big issues and sure Rodgers is part of the problem, but nobody else on this offense outside of Aaron Jones is doing squat.

LaFleur is a total boob of a coach and he needs to go.

Hey you can always dream we beat Buffalo, but that don't make it so.  It's not just that they're good, but our team always stinks in that city without fail, so ... Yeah I don't think that curse is gonna end in front of their sold out Sunday night crowd next week.

Wow...just wow.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I would like to think the plays are installed with the idea that the defense dictates which way to go via personnel, number in the box etc

MLF isn't the GM who catered to an aging, prima-donna quarterback and gave him a new contract which screws us long-term. 

Gute is the one who should be fired, no doubt about it. He set the organization back a decade by not trading Rodgers two years ago. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

MLF isn't the GM who catered to an aging, prima-donna quarterback and gave him a new contract which screws us long-term. 

Gute is the one who should be fired, no doubt about it. He set the organization back a decade by not trading Rodgers two years ago. 

I bet LaFleur is compliant in the whole deal.  I doubt they would have saddled him with Rodgers if it was clear he wanted to move on.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I bet LaFleur is compliant in the whole deal.  I doubt they would have saddled him with Rodgers if it was clear he wanted to move on.  

Possibly so, but the buck stops with the GM in that situation, no? 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Possibly so, but the buck stops with the GM in that situation, no? 

Gute and LaFleur are peers- they both report to Murphy.  As does Russ ball, our cap guru.  So the buck stops with Murphy on major decisions.

Edited by Cpdaly23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Who controls the players to go in and out of the game? LaFleur right? If he wants to have Dillon spell him fine, but you gotta have Jones in there at least on first and third down, or depending on if its 3rd and short to run it but god knows they dont do that for some reason.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

9 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yeah, I mean I appreciate some of the guys he's found on defense like Alexander and Gary, but his offensive guys have been awful, especially at OL and TE.

But I'm convinced LaFleur is not the answer at HC, and I'm ready for someone who has modern NFL schemes but old school ideas that bring in more discipline to the camp.  This team is lacking in every aspect of execution and fundamentals, and LaFleur doesn't know how to fix it with his incompetence.

Another thing you can at least partially blame AR12 for. He spent a season whining about not sleeping in his bed before gamedays and ended up getting what he wanted. He has gotten everything he’s wanted and MM, MLF, and Gute have taken all the PR hits for it.

I’m not even an “old school, players should be doing Oklahoma drills” guy at all, but I do believe in mentality at least. And AR12 has a weak mentality. He poo pooed Jaire for talking about possibly losing against the Jets, but he’s done the same thing in the past! Many times has he said “you win all your home games, then you win half your road games, and you’re 12-4” - buddy, you’re talking about losing games in advance! I thought words were spells?!

He’s way too clinical without also being actually as smart as he thinks he is. I hope our next QB has a dog’s brain. I hope Jordan Love is a golden retriever. 

As far as MLF goes, I don’t love his mentality either. His whining before playing in London was very strange to me. I think he’s a smart guy and a very nice guy and a good young offensive mind, but he’s getting walked over by players and ultimately now by other teams. He’s a cheerleader. I honestly think he’d have been a good choice to start with a new QB, but not to pair with Rodgers. They get along great because Rodgers can make fun of him and he does nothing about it, but what 12 really needed was a veteran guy that would get pissed at him. 

• Like 1