Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Do you think that has to do with elite guys at TE, wr and RB? Did you watch the game? Our wrs and TEs never make plays like they do. The offense doesn't work great when you have one legit NFL starter that's a rookie and a bunch on fringe starters/NFL guys. Purdy with our team would look like **** . They also have the best defense in the league. They are the polar opposite of our team. Great of defense with elite playmakers at every position

We've seen other teams have success with non-elite weapons.  Why can't Green Bay?  Since Week 9, the Packers averaged 24 PPG.  That would have ranked 9th in the NFL this season.  And that's not even taking into account that we're paying Rodgers $50M/year.  If he can't succeed without elite talent, than he's not worth that contract.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We've seen other teams have success with non-elite weapons.  Why can't Green Bay?  Since Week 9, the Packers averaged 24 PPG.  That would have ranked 9th in the NFL this season.  And that's not even taking into account that we're paying Rodgers $50M/year.  If he can't succeed without elite talent, than he's not worth that contract.

He can't and he's not.

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do people think that Love is a magic bullet?  Or are they convinced that Love is more willing/able to play within the confines of LaFleur's offense?  I mean, we're watching Brock Purdy lead the 49ers to 7 straight wins, and does anyone think he's got an iota of Rodgers' arm talent?  Because I certainly don't.  That my biggest gripe with Rodgers is that it seems he's less willing to play within the confines of the offense.

That isn't what I meant.  I just don't want to come off as a Jordan Love hater, because I am not, at all.  I am more critical of LaFleur.  Do you really think that stretch plays with AJ Dillon and handoffs to Allen Lazard are an Aaron Rodgers thing? He is working within the game plan.  I get it, Aaron Rodgers is a poopy head.  But him not being there doesn't solve things that just won't work.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Do you think that has to do with elite guys at TE, wr and RB? Did you watch the game? Our wrs and TEs never make plays like they do. The offense doesn't work great when you have one legit NFL starter that's a rookie and a bunch on fringe starters/NFL guys. Purdy with our team would look like **** . They also have the best defense in the league. They are the polar opposite of our team. Great of defense with elite playmakers at every position

Correct. Purdy plays "within the confines of the offense" that is twice as talented as ours. The Niners WR and TE groups are significantly better than ours. Then there's the vast difference between Shanahan and LaFleur as offensive gurus. 

I'm all for passing the torch to Love but if the plan is to give him what we currently have at WR and TE, I feel bad for the guy. 

44 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Define success? If we want to beat the Bears twice a year then yea, we are fine. If the goal is to beat better teams in tight games, you need guys who make plays at those positions. This year undeniably proved that point. If every player on our team played the exact same way this year and you just added Adams, we would have won 11-12 games, like prior years. We beat Detroit in both those games, as well as the Giants and Wash because Adams is the difference in those games. 

Watson and Doubs have promise but are still largely unproven. That Lions game looked wayyy too big for Doubs and he flat out dropped a dime from 12 on a key drive in the 2nd half down the sidelines. Those plays lose games. That room still needs an upper echelon player and the TE room probably needs a complete overhaul altogether unless Tonyan learns how to run again. 

Edited by packfanfb

The Chiefs were the number one scoring offense in the league.

They don't have an elite receiver. Elite TE, yeah, but receiver? Nope.

The Lions were sixth. Jaguars were ninth. The Jaguars were 9th. Marvin Jones.

The Packers were 14th in the NFL in offensive points per game. The Giants were .3 points per game behind the Packers. Somebody quick tell me how Daniel Jones and his receivers scored only .3 points less per game without a number one WR.

The Cardinals have Hopkins, Brown and Anderson and they scored 1.8 points less per game.

The Buccaneers with Tom Brady, Evans, Godwin were 18.4 points per game.

We don't need a WR. The elite WR necessity argument is dumber than ****.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That isn't what I meant.  I just don't want to come off as a Jordan Love hater, because I am not, at all.  I am more critical of LaFleur.  Do you really think that stretch plays with AJ Dillon and handoffs to Allen Lazard are an Aaron Rodgers thing? He is working within the game plan.  I get it, Aaron Rodgers is a poopy head.  But him not being there doesn't solve things that just won't work.

Yea I'm in the same boat. Right now, I'm not sure it really matters who plays QB for Green Bay.

10 minutes ago, Striker said:

In addition to numerous trades, the 49ers have also had the 'advantage' of picking #2, #9, #2, #14, and #12 during Lynch's tenure. It helps the rebuild just a little when you have a shot at a top 5-10 prospect three times.

That's part of the dilemma with Rodgers staying on a few more years.  Ability to make playoffs, but probably not enough overall talent to make a legit title run, but not bad enough to get a top 5 pick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

And what do the 49ers have that the Packers don't?  A dirt cheap QB room (sans Jimmy G).  Hell, even if you include the ENTIRE 49ers QB room, their combined cap hits this season is $21.1M.  Aaron Rodgers alone is $28.5M.  Next year, Rodgers' cap hit is $31.6M while the 49ers' room is a combined $10.2M.  Tell me the Packers couldn't improve their roster with an additional $7.4M this year plus an additional $21.4M next year.

Just now, CWood21 said:

And what do the 49ers have that the Packers don't?  A dirt cheap QB room (sans Jimmy G).  Hell, even if you include the ENTIRE 49ers QB room, their combined cap hits this season is $21.1M.  Aaron Rodgers alone is $28.5M.  Next year, Rodgers' cap hit is $31.6M while the 49ers' room is a combined $10.2M.  Tell me the Packers couldn't improve their roster with an additional $7.4M this year plus an additional $21.4M next year.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611055a3e3d46c836e32a

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The Chiefs were the number one scoring offense in the league.

They don't have an elite receiver. Elite TE, yeah, but receiver? Nope.

The Lions were sixth. Jaguars were ninth. The Jaguars were 9th. Marvin Jones.

The Packers were 14th in the NFL in offensive points per game. The Giants were .3 points per game behind the Packers. Somebody quick tell me how Daniel Jones and his receivers scored only .3 points less per game without a number one WR.

The Cardinals have Hopkins, Brown and Anderson and they scored 1.8 points less per game.

The Buccaneers with Tom Brady, Evans, Godwin were 18.4 points per game.

We don't need a WR. The elite WR necessity argument is dumber than ****.

Build elite OL, DL and secondary. Find a competent QB that plays above his paycheck. 

Win Superb Owls.

Aaron Rodgers' 4th quarter performances - final game of the past three seasons:

2020 Championship game Loss vs. Bucs at Lambeau .... 4/11 - 54 yds - 0 TD - 0 Int - 52.8 qbr 

2021 Divisional Playoffs Loss vs. San Fran at Lambeau .... 4/7 17 yds - 0 TD - 0 Int. - 62.2 qbr

2022 Week 18 Loss vs. Lions at Lambeau .... 2/6 - 12 yds - 0 TD - 1 Int. - 2.8 qbr

Three strikes and you are out!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron Rodgers' 4th quarter performances - final game of the past three seasons:

2020 Championship game Loss vs. Bucs at Lambeau .... 4/11 - 54 yds - 0 TD - 0 Int - 52.8 qbr 

2021 Divisional Playoffs Loss vs. San Fran at Lambeau .... 4/7 17 yds - 0 TD - 0 Int. - 62.2 qbr

2022 Week 18 Loss vs. Lions at Lambeau .... 2/6 - 12 yds - 0 TD - 1 Int. - 2.8 qbr

Three strikes and you are out!!!

Is there anyone who isn't on the Love train NOW?