Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

14 hours ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

They brought pressure on the last play so Rodgers didn’t have time to throw a Hail Mary. Agreed with everything else you said I feel 

This is why they should've thrown a ten yard out. Then an easier Hail Mary on the last play.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

So...3 game skid and we are talking about moving on from a young head coach who had the best start to his coaching career ever, right?

That's what we are doing.

Cuz.  I'm down with talking about it.  And I'd even say that if that were to happen, it would need to be for a "real" NFL head coach.  A successful one with a proven track record.  Sean Payton comes to mind and that is about it.

If not him?  I'm an easy pass on all other candidates.

I'm inclined to let MLF work with Love for a year or two.  Actually run the offense that MLF wants to run.  A QB that actually has footspeed and some quicks to him.  After that it will be time to evaluate.

Because...if you move on from MLF after this year, you are also probably without Rodgers.  New coach is going to want "his" QB.  Which means Love is probably gone quickly, too.  Payton is the guy I think who could work with Rodgers for a year while breaking in a new QB, whomever that may be.

I'm not a MLF fan...but I feel like he's being both propped up and handcuffed by the play of Aaron Rodgers.  

And I only have one issue with Gute.  Failing to address the WR room prior to this year.  

Sean Payton was in the final 2 when we hired McCarthy.  Payton was reportedly crushed when he didn't get it.  

I dont think the Packers would consider getting rid of MLF at this point, he just signed an extension, so he's here for awhile. 

Payton wants a QB wherever his next stop is.  I dont think Jordan Love is a drawing card as far as QBs go.  

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Stop with the hero worship! Rodgers has been THE problem for over 2 years now. MVPs be damned, he doesn't show up when the going gets tough. He's as nervous as a whore in church when he thinks the other team is going to pressure him. 

How many QBs thrive when pressured?  Our OL this year has been dreadful.  We can't pass protect or run block.  Without a running game the pass rush gets even more intense.  If you are getting hammered up front it won't matter who your QB is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zing said:

They did but so did the Cardinals when we were in Arizona and Rodgers was able to get it down the field by rolling out of the pocket. 

I'm a firm believer that the thumb is much worse than what's being talked about - and played part in why he didn't try to chuck it down for a hail mary. 

I don't think he is as nimble as he was back then either.

10 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Rodgers is still top 10 in pretty much every statistical category. He isn't playing up to his standard for sure but the overreactions in this thread are hilarious. The season isn't looking good but it isn't dead yet.

He's tied for 6th in TDs, #10 in yards, #10 in completion percentage, #11 in TD percentage, #4 in INT percentage, #25 in y/a (or #17 in adjusted yards).

However, he has also played 1 fewer game than the 8/10 of the QBs directly below him in yards. And one of those QBs is Lamar Jackson, who has 200 fewer passing yards but 500 more rushing yards. So while he'd still be good in the % based categories, he'll fall into the 15-20s in the raw statistical categories by end of season if the Packers keep playing like they are. 

...and they still have the #1, #2, and #4 DVOA defenses on the schedule.

The silver lining is that the young very good to elite QBs are the only ones really showing up right now (Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, Hurts) whereas every other offense seems to be struggling in various ways.

LeFleur is a cuck and makes me cringe every time he talks. Seems to plan a solid 1-2 series script, then FOLDS at play calling every single game. 

Rodgers did too much ayahuasca in the offseason and is playing like a bottom 10 QB.

Joe Barry has historically had horrible defenses, I'm pretty sure I could do a better job at coaching this defense.

Get rid of them all.

17 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

LeFleur is a cuck and makes me cringe every time he talks. Seems to plan a solid 1-2 series script, then FOLDS at play calling every single game. 

Rodgers did too much ayahuasca in the offseason and is playing like a bottom 10 QB.

Joe Barry has historically had horrible defenses, I'm pretty sure I could do a better job at coaching this defense.

Get rid of them all.

Dangerously close to agreeing with every word of this, but especially the Joe Barry thing, which may end up cooking them all. That was a bad hire from day 1, sight unseen. Maybe the worst move in the LaFleur era, and that’s even including paying a 38 year old QB the fattest contract in NFL history or whatever it was 

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Rodgers is still top 10 in pretty much every statistical category. He isn't playing up to his standard for sure but the overreactions in this thread are hilarious. The season isn't looking good but it isn't dead yet.

what statistical categories are  these?

1 hour ago, Smidgeon said:

That's why it would have taken stones. But this last offseason, the NFL world half expected that trade. MVP or not, there was an out last year. TT took it when he had the chance. Schneider did too. Gute did not. 

It would have taken stones that no other GM has ever done in the history of the NFL.  That would be trading an MVP QB within one year of him winning the MVP.

TT did it to Favre, who was long removed from his MVP seasons.

Schneider did it to a QB who has never even received one MVP vote.

These are not the same things.  I get wanting to make an argument for trading Rodgers.  And I'm not arguing against it.

Just stating facts that it has never, ever been done.  And there's a reason for that.  QB is the most important position on the team.  When you have THE BEST you want to keep that guy.  It really is that simple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It is not hindsight whatsoever. I've been for trading him probably 4-5 years. He's become Favre when he was at his end. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Stop with the hero worship! Rodgers has been THE problem for over 2 years now. MVPs be damned, he doesn't show up when the going gets tough. 

Sorry man, I just don't get this. I get the criticism of Rodgers in the playoff, it's well deserved. But you're essentially arguing that we'd be better off without the last two MVP seasons and the two NFCCG appearances, one of which (2020 vs TB) I'd argue was a coin flip game to go to the Super Bowl.

18 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Sorry man, I just don't get this. I get the criticism of Rodgers in the playoff, it's well deserved. But you're essentially arguing that we'd be better off without the last two MVP seasons and the two NFCCG appearances, one of which (2020 vs TB) I'd argue was a coin flip game to go to the Super Bowl.

He's going to play bad all regular season then we're going to back into the playoffs and he's going to be unstoppable. Anti Rodgers season. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

He's going to play bad all regular season then we're going to back into the playoffs and he's going to be unstoppable. Anti Rodgers season. 

Maybe it's like that episode of Seinfeld where George goes against all his instincts and everything works out for him

• Like 1

Is this a good year to have a top 12 or better draft pick?  I really have no clue.

I don't think we will have a ton of money in FA to fill in roster spots.  But I still feel like we have some good, young talent.  And we should have some cap room.

The reason I'm asking is this....is the draft good enough to keep the picks over trading for someone like Claypool or Jeudy (as Jeudy is rumored to be on the block).

2 hours ago, Smidgeon said:

That's why it would have taken stones. But this last offseason, the NFL world half expected that trade. MVP or not, there was an out last year. TT took it when he had the chance. Schneider did too. Gute did not. 

My belief is still very firm that the whole keep Rodgers trade Rodgers was a Murphy decision....not Gute.

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

My belief is still very firm that the whole keep Rodgers trade Rodgers was a Murphy decision....not Gute.

Probably safe to say that a decision like that involves getting approval from Murphy, Gute, and MLF.