Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yeah, i agree

Bears weapons and coaching has been pretty inept , but its looking a little better this year coaching wise

i really would love an Offensive coach but there isnt anyone I'm sold on, I'd have to look

as for what our team needs right now coaching wise, I think Mike Vrabel would be a baller coach here. Everytime I count those guys out (because the have such little talent) they surprise and win games. Titans are so well coached and that's all due to Vrabel. I did not think he would be this good of a coach when he started tbh. 

I think Vrabel is retained regardless of what happens. Tennessee lost a lot and are tight in the cap. Honestly I haven't paid much attention to how Henry is doing - is he falling off a cliff? year 7 with all that mileage....We know Tannehill had that 1-2 year stretch and absolutely needs a strong cast to be above average. 

Heck - Tennessee is probably the favorite to win that dreadful AFC south lol 

Two Names for new HC candidates: 

- Rich Basaccia: Bring him back. What he did in Oakland last year was outstanding turning around a team in turmoil. Players rallied around him and deserved a head coaching job somewhere. Interview him. 

Shane Steichen, Offensive Coordinator, Eagles: QB coach behind Herbert year one and has developed the Eagles QB Hurts and the offense over the last two years. He would be an ideal candidate with tremendous success with the Chargers and Eagles. 

• Like 1

So the tw0-three biggest things we need to figure out this offseason is HC-OC-QB. 

For QB - I think the best bet is to draft one on top of getting a Vet. 

Unless we move up for Stroud or Young - both will be out of reach for us (unless we lose out). 

That asks the question: Who do you evaluate as a prospect from the rookie class? 

- Will Levis : As a penn state fan and someone who continues to follow him , I say no. While you will fall in love with his Physical abilities as an athlete and rocket arm - the guy just doesn't read the field well and just holds the ball too long. Too hesitant and indecisive for me to take in round 1. Round 2? Maybe - depends how well he does on the board. 

- Hendon Hooker: Here's a prospect that we would have to adapt our offense to his skill set. More west coast/air raid similar to Jalen Hurts. Good arm, very accurate, and decisive and can create with his legs. 

- KJ Jefferson: Here's a guy many are sleeping on. I've followed him since last year and watching him closely this year. Very good arm, very accurate and does well on anticipation. Posseses good athleticism to move outside the pocket and good inside the pocket. 

Veteran Options: 

- Jared Goff: I think his contract becomes more tradeable this offseason. With the Lions in the running for Stroud -it will probbaly look to move Goff. He has success with a strong roster and good offensive scheme in tact. I think he can hold down the fort for a couple years until we find or develop a guy. 

- Garroppolo: When healthy - we know what he can do with a good team surrounding him. My concern is his health for a full season .

Anyone have any other thoughts? I still am working through Coaches/OC candidates. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

So the tw0-three biggest things we need to figure out this offseason is HC-OC-QB. 

For QB - I think the best bet is to draft one on top of getting a Vet. 

Unless we move up for Stroud or Young - both will be out of reach for us (unless we lose out). 

That asks the question: Who do you evaluate as a prospect from the rookie class? 

- Will Levis : As a penn state fan and someone who continues to follow him , I say no. While you will fall in love with his Physical abilities as an athlete and rocket arm - the guy just doesn't read the field well and just holds the ball too long. Too hesitant and indecisive for me to take in round 1. Round 2? Maybe - depends how well he does on the board. 

- Hendon Hooker: Here's a prospect that we would have to adapt our offense to his skill set. More west coast/air raid similar to Jalen Hurts. Good arm, very accurate, and decisive and can create with his legs. 

- KJ Jefferson: Here's a guy many are sleeping on. I've followed him since last year and watching him closely this year. Very good arm, very accurate and does well on anticipation. Posseses good athleticism to move outside the pocket and good inside the pocket. 

Veteran Options: 

- Jared Goff: I think his contract becomes more tradeable this offseason. With the Lions in the running for Stroud -it will probbaly look to move Goff. He has success with a strong roster and good offensive scheme in tact. I think he can hold down the fort for a couple years until we find or develop a guy. 

- Garroppolo: When healthy - we know what he can do with a good team surrounding him. My concern is his health for a full season .

Anyone have any other thoughts? I still am working through Coaches/OC candidates. 

Haven't scouted college kids yet but if it ain't in rd1 I don't want it tbh. I don't want any more projects....(later round projects that is)

Goff is actually a great thought , he could do well here with our weapons and should come cheap of Detroit drafts a qb. 

Goff > Jimmy G , by a sliver but I'd be ok with either. Other than those guys it's a wasteland.

I'd really want an offensive coach tbh Steichen or Dorsey. But I don't mind Bisaccia.

.... man I really hope they fire this staff regardless of if we make the playoffs or not.

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Haven't scouted college kids yet but if it ain't in rd1 I don't want it tbh. I don't want any more projects....(later round projects that is)

Goff is actually a great thought , he could do well here with our weapons and should come cheap of Detroit drafts a qb. 

Goff > Jimmy G , by a sliver but I'd be ok with either. Other than those guys it's a wasteland.

I'd really want an offensive coach tbh Steichen or Dorsey. But I don't mind Bisaccia.

.... man I really hope they fire this staff regardless of if we make the playoffs or not.

I'm hesitant on Dorsey right now. Daboll developed that team/offense. Dorsey is taking the reigns now but they still can't run the ball. Dorsey has been OC for one year. 

Steichen developed Herbert and Hurts and helped mold each offense to the talent they had on the roster. Philly may not run it 30 times a game but when they do they're getting 5 YPC. 

Just bc a 2nd/3rd round QB like Trash didn't pan out - or doesn't look to be - doesn't mean you stop swinging. Hurts worked out. Prescott, Cousins, Dalton, Garropolo, Wilson, etc. The problem is you swing for a guy with upside - skillset wise. Not a guy like Trask who had back up level skill set. (Mills was a better risk than Trask due to skill set and upside regardless if he pans out). 

I forget who said it but don't be afraid to take a chance on QB's if you miss out someone in the first round - see who falls later in the draft that you feel could be a hit or miss. 

Heck, someone is going to gamble Will Levis can develop into a Josh Allen bc they have similar skill sets. 

19 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Watching the Tennessee vs Georgia game rn, Hooker seems like he does a good job of looking at his first and second read but I'd hv to see more to really say he's good at going through his progressions. 

Also, Cade Stover, TE from Ohio State seems like a baller I've seen him rated 3rd round or later 

I don't know why but KJ Jefferson to me can either be Dak Prescott/Jalen Jurts or Baker Mayfield at the next level. Definitely has the talent to be a NFL passer at the next level and carriest similar athleticism/accuracy levels as all 3. Have to watch him more. 

Hooker I did some more digging on. He seems like your typical NFL backup at the next level. He's also 25 years old - and his physical tool set isn't exactly oozing off the charts. 

Agree on Stover. I watch a ton of Big ten football. Definitely a baller. Might go higher come April 

Two QB;s getting First round buzz outside of the top 2 : Will Levis and McKee from stanford. 10000% honest - haven't watched McKee at all. So will need to do some research and homework. 

Levis? I am a penn stater. No doubt. And I always said at the time Levis got in the game: The guy is easily more gifted than Clifford, but he is shy to throw the ball. Too hesitant and can't make up his mind. 

Has it gotten better at Kentucky? A little bit yes. He's throwing it downfield more but he's still too dialed into read #1. Phyiscally - he comes off as Josh Allen. Rocket arm, lightning quick release, and good ball placement when his feet are set and he makes the decisive read. However - he's too inconsistent. He holds onto the ball too long which is a reason he fumbles a lot. He throws too many interceptions for my liking at the college level. 

One thing I will say on him - Franklin and staff were not developing QB's. Not sure if Stoops is either at KU. Can a QB guru in the NFL do wonders with him? The hesitation of throwing the ball and holding onto it scare me. How do you coach that out of a player? The rest of the tools are all oozing first round talent. 

Thoughts? I mean we have to pick a QB in round 1 or just go with a vet and monitor what the day 2 talent may have. 

• Like 1

If I'm assessing all of my Free Agents plus cap space: I say we try to shed some big contacts of players under performing here. 

Franchise tag: CB Jamel Dean (then lock him up long term). 

Role Players to resign? - WR Scotty Miller, G Aaron Stinnie, Edge Anthony Nelson, Edge Carl Nassib, DT Noches, CB Logan Ryan

Trade candidates: Shaq Barrett, Devin White, Justin Gage, maybe Carlton Davis? 

Consider bringing back on a cheap veteran contract: Lavonte David - Who knows he may not want to stay a part of this rebuild at all. 

Cuts? RB Lenoard Fournett , G Shaq Mason

Coaching Shake up: Fire Bowles, Leftwich, and Special teams staff. Re-Assess defensively. Hire Shane Steichen - OC from Philly. Hire QB coach Brian Johnson as OC. Together they really developed that offense and Jalen Hurts. Steichen also developed Herbert - who was no where near the talent /player/QB he was at Oregon the way he developed quickly in the NFL. 

Front Office: I don't want to give up on Licht - but I think he's a favorite of the Glazers. I can see him getting a Rich McKay atlanta gig type as President of Football operations and he chooses the Next GM. Hire Mike Borganzi who is the Asst. GM of the Chiefs. The Chiefs ability to scout and find talent at all phases of the draft is really special and its no secret Chris Ballard is a sharp GM that Irsay probably isn't going to let go. Dorsey constructed the Chiefs and Browns roster (2017-2018) before being let go for having ego? lol 

The next step is who is on the block? I'd say Barrett and White should be the first 2. And I think we can get something for them. 

- Carlton Davis? I think he is young and has a tradeable contract. A team that has an all out need with cap space looking to go deep (bengals?) might fork over a 2nd round pick. Bucs are in cap hell due to the manipulation of contracts and should look into locking up Dean, Wirfs, and Winfield this offseason. Davis wasn't initially apart of the plan - he was a Tag candidate but didn't bc Godwin couldn't agree to terms before the deadline and was priority. 

At the end of the day : I don't think we trade Davis and Gage isn't tradeable unless someone will take his dumb salary lol. Barrett and White are replaceable. 

Free agents to consider: RB Ronald Jones (yes, bring him back to pair with White) G Trai Turner, 

Trade for players: This is where the QB position gets fuzzy. Two candidates  - Goff and Jimmy G should be a target. 

One idea I had was to move Bunting to Safety and bring him back on a 1 year deal to flex his ball hawking skills. I thought maybe he was in the wrong position at the NFL level. 

Trades we make: Devin white next a 3rd round pick in 2023 draft; a conditional 2024 pick of a 5th that has escalators to be a 4th or 3rd. 

Shaq Barrett to a contender for a late 2nd round pick. 

I think The Bucs go ahead and make two deals: trade 5th round pick to Baltimore for Ben Cleveland G

Trade a 3rd round pick and conditional 4th rounder in 2024 for QB Jared Goff. 

Draft: 

1st Round: Joey Porter jr CB Penn State : Potential lock down CB ability. With moving Bunting to Safety, Bucs can put Porter in the slot his rookie year until he's ready to take Davis spot in 2024. 

2nd Round: Zach Harrison Edge Ohio State: Build the pass rush depth with Tryon, Nelson, and Nassib to rotate. I still think Tryon breaks out in the second half here. 

2nd Round (via Barrett Trade): Demarvioun Overshown LB Texas : Athletic and instinctive ILB to take White's spot. 

3rd Round: (Via white trade): Akeem Dent S Florida State: With Edwards gone - lets strengthen that depth back there opposite Winfield. 

The rest will be later. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

If I'm assessing all of my Free Agents plus cap space: I say we try to shed some big contacts of players under performing here. 

Franchise tag: CB Jamel Dean (then lock him up long term). 

Role Players to resign? - WR Scotty Miller, G Aaron Stinnie, Edge Anthony Nelson, Edge Carl Nassib, DT Noches, CB Logan Ryan

Trade candidates: Shaq Barrett, Devin White, Justin Gage, maybe Carlton Davis? 

Consider bringing back on a cheap veteran contract: Lavonte David - Who knows he may not want to stay a part of this rebuild at all. 

Cuts? RB Lenoard Fournett , G Shaq Mason

Dean needs to be locked up ASAP hes keeps getting better every year

Trade wise, idk if we would be able to get much back from Shaq. I dont remember how much we owe him but I could see a scenario where he is just out right cut if we dont owe him a ton. 

As much as I'd like to trade Carlton, I really doubt that we will. It would send a bad message to the team to give a player a new contract and trade him a year later.

Devin will probably just leave as a FA. I just cant see him resigning for cheaper/cheap-ish contract. Hes going to want his money and he hasnt deserved it , albeit he has the talent to warrant money. Not to mention we dont have the money to resign him AND AWJ AND Wirfs AND Dean.

I think as long as we offer Lavonte a decent contract, he stays. He's just a Buc for life type of guy imo and I dont want to imagine our Defense without him. He's been THE pillar of our defense almost since day 1 out of Nebraska.

I dont think Lenny will get cut but he should be after this year. Definitely not worth the money.

23 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Coaching Shake up: Fire Bowles, Leftwich, and Special teams staff. Re-Assess defensively. Hire Shane Steichen - OC from Philly. Hire QB coach Brian Johnson as OC. Together they really developed that offense and Jalen Hurts. Steichen also developed Herbert - who was no where near the talent /player/QB he was at Oregon the way he developed quickly in the NFL. 

Front Office: I don't want to give up on Licht - but I think he's a favorite of the Glazers. I can see him getting a Rich McKay atlanta gig type as President of Football operations and he chooses the Next GM. Hire Mike Borganzi who is the Asst. GM of the Chiefs. The Chiefs ability to scout and find talent at all phases of the draft is really special and its no secret Chris Ballard is a sharp GM that Irsay probably isn't going to let go. Dorsey constructed the Chiefs and Browns roster (2017

I'm beginning to get a sad feeling that if we make the playoffs... that we wont fire this coaching staff. IMO this would be a travesty because I do see us winning the division (NFC South is so bad).

Licht deserves to stay in my book. The only reason we've become a contender is off the back of Brady (obvioulsy) and Licht's drafting (even with the '21 class being poor)

One idea I had was to move Bunting to Safety and bring him back on a 1 year deal to flex his ball hawking skills. I thought maybe he was in the wrong position at the NFL level. 

I think this could be a fantastic idea, not sure why they havent tried it yet. Bunting seems more like a FS than a CB at this point in his career

ALSO

maybe it's premature. But I feel like Brady might come back next year

Miami has Tua and unless he really bombs the latter half of this year, they will probably keep him

9ners have lance

I just dont see another team that would want him that he'd be happy with going to

Agree with you on Lavonte. I believe the bucs will offer or try to work out a contract with him. It would be up to him to see if he still sees the direction of the Bucs going upward as a contender. I think he's from Miami or somewhere close to there. PFF just named him to the All pro 2nd team for the first half of the season so as long as he's still playing at a high level - he might be tempted to test the waters. 

Depending how the rest of the season goes - I don't see Brady coming back here for 1 more year. I honestly think he's somewhat regretting not staying retired. I keep comparing his deep ball from 2020 to now and they're constantly short it seems. It makes me question his arm strength is going from what it once was.