Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

Odd that we haven’t gotten over the line with Baker or Jacoby yet seeing as how all the comparables to them (Dalton, Heinicke, Jameis, White, Stidham etc.) signed somewhere between that 7-10 AAV. Seems like it should be an easy negotiation so I’m starting to wonder if something is up. 

That “something” being waiting until 4PM tomorrow and just wanting to talk to Lamar and see if it’s even remotely realistic. 

19 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Odd that we haven’t gotten over the line with Baker or Jacoby yet seeing as how all the comparables to them (Dalton, Heinicke, Jameis, White, Stidham etc.) signed somewhere between that 7-10 AAV. Seems like it should be an easy negotiation so I’m starting to wonder if something is up. 

That “something” being waiting until 4PM tomorrow and just wanting to talk to Lamar and see if it’s even remotely realistic. 

I'm wondering if Lamar not taking the 133MM fully guranteed will turn some teams off. I think thats a good offer for 3 years. Hard to invest long term when he's basically ended the last two years with injuries that kept him out for the end of season and playoffs 

I do believe Lamar and Baker are somewhat linked.  If Lamar leaves BAL, I believe they sign Baker.  Monken coached him CLE.  

I do think Bucs should at least take the time to Lamar.  No downside.  

As far as the contract offer Lamar rejected, the guaranteed money was less then Rodgers signed for last  season.  The injuries over the last 2 seasons are a concern, but the injuries I don't believe required surgery.  Going to be an interesting few days.

Edited by ravishingone

I don't remember who,  but I remember some of you mentioned Dorian Thompson so i went a watched him some.

He's a very athletic QB but I'm not super into taking him.

He looks to run way too much imo, sometimes doesnt even look at even his first read if he spots a running lane, let alone going thru multiple progressions. He's definitely a project. 

I wouldn't have throwing a dart at him 5th or later bit at that point id prefer Stetson Bennett.

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I don't remember who,  but I remember some of you mentioned Dorian Thompson so i went a watched him some.

He's a very athletic QB but I'm not super into taking him.

He looks to run way too much imo, sometimes doesnt even look at even his first read if he spots a running lane, let alone going thru multiple progressions. He's definitely a project. 

I wouldn't have throwing a dart at him 5th or later bit at that point id prefer Stetson Bennett.

I mentioned him bc PR kept bringing him up as a day 3 possibility.