Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

Gaines brings a bit more pass rush ability up the middle that we sorely missed after Suh left. Doesn't hurt that he's played with Vea before either. 

Licht is doing a great job with the defense thus far with this signing and bringing back Dean and David. Just gotta shore up Safety. 

On 3/18/2023 at 5:37 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Gaines brings a bit more pass rush ability up the middle that we sorely missed after Suh left. Doesn't hurt that he's played with Vea before either. 

Licht is doing a great job with the defense thus far with this signing and bringing back Dean and David. Just gotta shore up Safety. 

I think we get Neal or Ryan back very cheap. If neither sign a deal this week elsewhere - chances we can get them both back are high. 

Keeping Dean and David allows us not to reach on a CB in the first round or ILB. 

Seeing the deal TJ Edwards just signed for with Chicago - who is a pretty darn good LB - have to think Licht would be crazy to give Devin White what he wants in 100MM. I still think he's expendable and being shopped for Picks. 

Had we not signed Baker, I'd say why not. But with Baker in the fold, trading picks for Lance when we've got numerous other holes to fill wouldn't make much sense IMO. 

With our needs and our cap situation we're going to need those cheap 2nd-3rd round contracts to actually play this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Safety depth chart getting filled.  I like this signing almost as much as Gaines earlier.

This signing really makes me feel like Brian Branch could be the pick at 19 now

With Neal starting opposite AWJ I could see Bowles wanting Branch to essentially be a starter via the slot 

10 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

This signing really makes me feel like Brian Branch could be the pick at 19 now

With Neal starting opposite AWJ I could see Bowles wanting Branch to essentially be a starter via the slot 

Agree, still possible.  I thought I read a weakness of Branch was tackling.  Much like Qb, very confident a safety will be drafted some time during the draft.

I like branch but as a full time NCB .. Bowles needs to be sure he can handle that.

Guy has to line up against Kupp, Jefferson, etc…

Not worried about his 40 but that agility 3 cone drill is something we should take a look into. I rather draft a NCB in r2 or 3 honestly. 

All signs are pointing to LT or RT first round. BPA rest of the draft

Edited by indifference