Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

So if the Brady/Payton combo is real, who wins the race?  I don't believe the Glazers would not try to win that race.  Now the Saints would never trade with the Bucs, right?  Well, the Pats and Jets completed a trade for Bill Parcells.  Ironically, Payton worked for Parcells in Dallas.

i don't see Payton wagering his next move on teaming up with Brady. Despite his performance against Carolina sunday - he has not played at even close to a tier 2 QB level for 90% of the season. I think Payton looks at a scenario where he can work with a young QB thats in place or a team that is in position to draft one. Carolina looks like a strong fit. And i'm still not convinced he's not interested in Denver. 

If Dallas fired McCarthy, the guessing game is over lol. But there is almost no legit chance he wagers his next career move on Brady who probably can't play another 18 weeks let alone - learn a new offense when he's complaining about Work/Life Balance. 

So when the offseason begins and the Qb situation gets resolved, the rushing attack must be improved.  Now, there can be an argument that a more mobile QB will instantly improve this stat.  No doubt.  The team has not been really average running the ball since Winston's rookie season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Wow, the Leftwich presser was cringe worthy today.  Anything short of a SB win and this dude is done.  It almost looked like a verbal middle finger to everyone.  Brought back memories of Bill Sheridan.

damn-wow.gif

The guy is a moron

It's a bad look on our organization having someone like him in an important position that requires interviews 

22 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

The guy is a moron

It's a bad look on our organization having someone like him in an important position that requires interviews 

Pewter Report continues to push Todd Monken as a replacement? I mean we had him before but was he running Koetters offense or his own? 

Why does it always seem the bucs hire coaches who dont adapt to the skillset of our offense or defense? 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Pewter Report continues to push Todd Monken as a replacement? I mean we had him before but was he running Koetters offense or his own? 

Why does it always seem the bucs hire coaches who dont adapt to the skillset of our offense or defense? 

I actually liked Monken alot when he was here. I think he did a great job with play calling and play design, something we lack right now. I remember being happy that we got BA but sad that that meant Monken would be gone (especially so when I found out Leftwich was replacing him).

I wouldn't mind Monken coming back,  but I would prefer look at some of the hot up and coming offensive minds first, with Monken as a backup. 

On 1/7/2023 at 10:22 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I actually liked Monken alot when he was here. I think he did a great job with play calling and play design, something we lack right now. I remember being happy that we got BA but sad that that meant Monken would be gone (especially so when I found out Leftwich was replacing him).

I wouldn't mind Monken coming back,  but I would prefer look at some of the hot up and coming offensive minds first, with Monken as a backup. 

I'm fine with Monken. And Pewter Report is normally quite dialed in on Bucs decisions/moves. 

My question is - how do they already have an idea Leftwich won't be back next year? I know Bowles when he worked in AZ under BA - didn't have ties to Leftwich who was more of an intern coach in AZ before getting the QBs coaching job. So I don't think Bowles would have hesitancy in moving on. 

Licht and O'Brien both worked in NE at the same time.  If Brady returns, pretty confident he will just about pick the OC.   I just get the feeling O'Brien does not want to be a HC in college again.  I would assume he had opportunities to HC in college being the OC at Bama, and his tenure at Penn State happened right after the Sandusky scandal, which I thought went well.  If BOB gets back in the NFL as an OC, good chance he would get another shot as a HC if the Bucs went back to a top 5 scoring offense again.  I didn't even know his contract was up at Bama.

Edited by ravishingone

21 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

What is wrong with Obrien? His only issue in the NFL was being a GM. That was it - and as you can see many coaches suck doing a dual role - Bellichik included. 

Obrien continued to win division titles with scraps for sale type QBs running his offense before Watson. 

I just remember his time in Houston not going well at all

But maybe as solely an OC he could do well

I also think it'd be weird because with Bowles being so laid back, OBrien and Bowles personalities could clash (I could even see a scenario where OBrien could become the interim HC in that case)

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I just remember his time in Houston not going well at all

But maybe as solely an OC he could do well

I also think it'd be weird because with Bowles being so laid back, OBrien and Bowles personalities could clash (I could even see a scenario where OBrien could become the interim HC in that case)

Winning Division titles with Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage and Ryan Fitzpatrick starting at QB is "not good at all" ? No he wasn't a GM and that ended up being his downfall. Obrien certainly was one hell of a coach