Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

If Brady does not return, I really think they will sign Mayfield and draft a Qb (no idea what round).  Mayfield won't be dirt cheap like a Brissett, but won't be expensive like Carr.  Baker not as brittle as Jimmy G as well as less expensive.  Bowles already went thru the Darnold experience once.  Mayfield offers starting experience and has a playoff win on his resume.  Sign him on a 1 yr prove it deal.  Depth chart will be Mayfield, Trask, and rookie QB (my guess- Hendon Hooker or Jake Haener) 

50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If Brady does not return, I really think they will sign Mayfield and draft a Qb (no idea what round).  Mayfield won't be dirt cheap like a Brissett, but won't be expensive like Carr.  Baker not as brittle as Jimmy G as well as less expensive.  Bowles already went thru the Darnold experience once.  Mayfield offers starting experience and has a playoff win on his resume.  Sign him on a 1 yr prove it deal.  Depth chart will be Mayfield, Trask, and rookie QB (my guess- Hendon Hooker or Jake Haener) 

If we say hire McCardell - a year under McConnell would bring in concepts similar to McVay's. So I'd be on board with Baker on a 1-2 year deal. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:25 PM, ravishingone said:

Welp, Bowles better hit a home run for his OC hire.  Forget about Monken.  No opinion on McCardell as a candidate.  He could be anazing or a dud.  Total unknown as a play caller.

I'd prefer a first time hire in McCardell over Cooter and Kubiak. We literally fired Leftwich for a down year in 2022 and we'll replace him with two ex OC's who did nothing in this league 

So what makes me scratch my head here is - we fire Byron who in 4 years here - has one down year as OC. 

two of the candidates - Kubiak and Cooter - never even remotely sniffed the success Leftwich had. Kubiak was OC in Minnesota with all that talent that underperformed. Cooter had Matt Stafford and co for 3-4 years? And only put together one season that was good the rest they were 18th or lower. 

Not really following the logic here. 

McCardell is the best candidate only bc we haven't seen what he can do. In my eyes - I'd rather go the guy ready for a promotion than an ex OC that hasn't really accomplished anything. 

They still claim Monken is a name to watch. But as OC at Georgia making already what - 2 million a year - I think its a long shot he leaves that job working under Kirby. Not only that - I'm sure the next waive of open College HC jobs - he'll be a top candidate. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

1 hour ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Add Giants QB Shea Tierney to the list of candidates we're looking to interview. 

These are the candidates I want to see. Young and from a proven offensive mind's tree (in this case, Daboll). 

Exactly, we need to take that step into the modern NFL and while it may fail I would rather look into this type of coordinator.  Saw we also interviewed Cincy's QB coach.

16 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I agree also.  I think Bowles would prefer a play caller who has already done the job in the league.  Plus, I think whatever chance in getting Brady back is probably gone with a first time play caller. 

From PR's Fab 5 last week - they stated Bowles challenged Leftwich to get more creative/innovative with more modern schemes run both in Pro and College football. Monken has done it at both levels successfully. 

He's my top candidate. But if there are other teams after him - (Ravens, Chargers, etc.) they might be more enticing than the Bucs. 

So maybe the Niners go for Brady now with the questions at QB.  Can Purdy hold up for an entire season?  Can Lance even play in the league and win consistently and stay healthy?  Rumor is Carr will end up in CAR with Reich.  I can't believe Darnold would be an option with the Bucs.  I think it will come down to Jimmy G or Baker if not Brady.  Still lean towards Baker.