Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

So maybe the Niners go for Brady now with the questions at QB.  Can Purdy hold up for an entire season?  Can Lance even play in the league and win consistently and stay healthy?  Rumor is Carr will end up in CAR with Reich.  I can't believe Darnold would be an option with the Bucs.  I think it will come down to Jimmy G or Baker if not Brady.  Still lean towards Baker.  

Lol after watching that top 3 Niners OL get decimated in the post season by monsterous pass rushers - it's more telling the days of Brady hanging in the pocket willing to stand and deliver knowingly taking a hit are over. Even Purdy had to do some romo level scrambling and pocket movement to get around the front 7 of Seattle, Dallas, and Philly (before the injury). Having a top 5 OL and having a statue back there can hurt. Not easy to protect for 5 seconds . 

1 hour ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Well, Purdy tore his UCL and needs surgery. SF at least has become an option for Brady if Shanahan actually wants him (which I question). 

I do wonder if the rumor was true when Mayfield was on waivers the Niners were going to claim him.  No way SF does not pick up a vet QB who has shown the ability to stay healthy.

21 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Well, Purdy tore his UCL and needs surgery. SF at least has become an option for Brady if Shanahan actually wants him (which I question). 

I don't see the Brady connection in SF. I mean, I get why people connect the dots given he's from the area, but he doesn't fit that offense at all. The Shanahan scheme requires their QB's to have a competent level of mobility and it's a huge reason it's so successful. Brady at this point in his career is probably the least mobile QB in NFL. I mean, he struggles just climbing the pocket in time with outside speed rushes. 

With Purdy only expected to miss 6 months and Lance full healed going into next year, I think they stand on what they have. If they did want to go the veteran route, I think Aaron Rodgers is a much more logical choice for their system. Plus, he's from the area as well. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

With Brady officially retired, I would be plesantly surprised if Monken signs.

the only way that I feel like Monken actually signs , is if they held some secluded interviews with Licht and upper management and explained to him that Bowles is on thin ice and Monken would be in line to be the next HC if things got off to a horrible start next year. Imo thats the only incentive for Monken that we have over other jobs.

Honestly, there's really nothing appealing to be our OC. No QB, no cap space, too low of a draft pick, run the ball and play defense HC. I dont see why a QB/WR coach would accept the job, because there's no  bounce to a HC opportunity if you accept this job. The offense is going to be terrible, regardless of who is calling the plays.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:56 AM, one_of_a_kind24 said:

Honestly, there's really nothing appealing to be our OC. No QB, no cap space, too low of a draft pick, run the ball and play defense HC. I dont see why a QB/WR coach would accept the job, because there's no  bounce to a HC opportunity if you accept this job. The offense is going to be terrible, regardless of who is calling the plays.

So if you were at your job and offered a considerable raise in a higher position knowing that it might end in one year you wouldn't take it??       Look at Mike Kafka the Giants OC....    He went from the QB coach of the Chiefs coaching the best QB in the league to the Giants were there are no WR's, a labeled bust QB with a struggling O-line.   They made it to the playoffs and he got a lot of interviews for a HC position.   Its all about opportunity