Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

Just now, hitnhope said:

Buffalo got up big and took their foot off the gas.    They had open receivers all over the field and could run it well on top of it.  What Allen was thinking on the 2 int's is anybody's guess.

Maybe Allen isn't the next coming of Aaron Rodgers. The Packers defense is always hot and cold. Buffalo may have taken their foot off the gas and couldn't get it back, but there is some credit that has to go to what the Packers did 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

We're just terribly uneven. Few squads are actually playing up to their potential and we dont have effective depth to win with.

Yup, now obviously some might attempt to spin some positives out of this like only losing by 10 and only having 3 points scored on you in the 2nd half, but that was more so because the Bills just got sloppy there as opposed to us suddenly figuring them out and becoming great.

I mean, in the end I guess only losing by 10 doesn't feel as bad as losing by 30, a margin I thought we were headed for after finding us down 24-7 at the half.  And who knows, maybe Toure has something we can use.  It'll be interesting.  At the end of the day though we're still 3-5, and unless things start drastically changing in the next two weeks, our guys are still destined to be watching the playoffs from home this year.

Aaron Nagler -   You'll all hate this but I feel encouraged after that game. The Bills are a great team, playing at home. No shame taking that L. Packers found a way of working on offense tonight. Still haven't played a complete game, but if they stick with it, I like where they're headed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Starchisaga said:

A pre-season with the starters playing may have helped.   And I don’t want to hear “no one else plays their starters”  - GB had work to do.  GB had new chemistry to deal with.  I’m hoping they are in acceleration mode….  And it seems it may be so after tonight.   Full speed ahead!

The way we treat the off season CLEARLY has hurt and yeah good point, this year was really important for all that with how we were going to have to adjust on O.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Maybe Allen isn't the next coming of Aaron Rodgers. The Packers defense is always hot and cold. Buffalo may have taken their foot off the gas and couldn't get it back, but there is some credit that has to go to what the Packers did 

They lost by double digits.    They were never a threat to win the game.  They are 3-5.  They are a bad team unfortunately.  Can't get excited about a butt kicking.  The defense was better in the 2nd half because their 1st half performance was a complete failure.

BTW - I'd love to have Allen on my team.

Sorry I just don't agree with any of it.

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

That guy is a freaking loon. AR played really well. It's this weird thing, but players aren't robots that play completely identically every single week. They have ups, they have downs. Even bad QBs have great games at times. It's football.

The "anti AR" guys didn't do **** tonight bc he doesn't deserve it. The other ones tried to bait it into existence a few times. I hope you see that.

Dude, I am totally neutral.  I like Rodgers, but am never afraid to criticize.  I just know you guys are at least reasonable, so if we don't respond to the worst stuff, there is no round and round.  I have been pretty adamant that I think both "sides" are annoying.  I'm trying to be the least pretentious "do better" guy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Dont understand people being happy with an effort where the team was never in the game.

If Buffalo needed to score 40+ they most likely would have.  

If you want to live in misery then you chose to dwell on every single negative.  I am choosing to try and find a few positives.  

17 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Final score wasn't as ugly as I expected it to be yet the Packers were never really in the game either.

Yeah I'm not buying that final score. Clearly the Bills were never in any danger of losing that game and pretty much took their foot off the gas. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -   You'll all hate this but I feel encouraged after that game. The Bills are a great team, playing at home. No shame taking that L. Packers found a way of working on offense tonight. Still haven't played a complete game, but if they stick with it, I like where they're headed.

Problem is they never seem to build off anything from week to week and their performance continues to be too inconsistent

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Striker said:

The Bills, as they played today, weren't scoring 40. Allen was definitely trying, but those were two real rough turnovers and that pass to Kumerow for what would have been the killshot was just bad.

lolol this guy, was mocking everyone today about not seeing reality or whatever he was ******* on about. He was a genius because he watched the 80s and everyone here has bad takes, then he shows up with that crap.

Mass ignore this crap, we should all be over it by now.

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Problem is they never seem to build off anything from week to week and their performance continues to be too inconsistent

That and they have squandered some of their “easier” wins. They will have to show up and beat some quality teams if Pack is going to squeak into the playoffs. Nothing is written and nothing is off the table yet but we’ve got a much more narrow path now. 

Edited by Refugee

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

If you want to live in misery then you chose to dwell on every single negative.  I am choosing to try and find a few positives.  

OK.  It was a miserable performance.  You can kid yourself with some manufactured positives.

I want the leadership of this team to recognize the failures and problems.  The fact we were double digit underdogs to begin with should bother our fans.  If this is going to get fixed a new approach is required. We've now gone a decade with bad defensive play.

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Dude, I am totally neutral.  I like Rodgers, but am never afraid to criticize.  I just know you guys are at least reasonable, so if we don't respond to the worst stuff, there is no round and round.  I have been pretty adamant that I think both "sides" are annoying.  I'm trying to be the least pretentious "do better" guy.

Oh I know you are. And I know it pisses you off, but I don't think any of us who get mad at him are sitting down every day going "how can I rip on AR today." So when he plays well, we are silent, yet they try to stoke it up no matter.