Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Just listened to the post game pressers. 

La Fleur: repeat of last 3. 

Rodgers:  was clearly not a fan of the running the ball game plan. 

Has he seen what it’s looked like when he drops back more? I’ll give him a clue: they lose games by the same kind of margin to teams that are significantly worse than the Buffalo Bills. I swear to god this guy will never be happy, unless he is 100% right or 100% gets his way, which will never happen. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Rodgers:  was clearly not a fan of the running the ball game plan. 

He seemed to check into runs more than a few times...

They could throw a bit more if we can get healthy at OL and get Watson wrapped in bubble wrap and Cobb back.

Honestly might as well say **** it and sign OBJ or trade for someone. This isn't a one season thing with AR anymore anyways.

Well after digesting the game, here are my thoughts:

I was encouraged by the offense in this game. This is how we need to play, run the ball, make it boring, don't do 20 WR screens.  We scored 3 TDs against the best defense in the league.  

I like getting Toure and Doubs involved too.  I even like Amari Rodgers the WR, he may turn into Cobb-lite if given more opportunities.  I hate that Watson gets injured constantly.  That was my favorite WR in the draft, and he can't stop getting hurt.  Speaking of can't stop getting hurt, I think I would rather just pay Cobb and Watkins for the year and let Doubs, Rodgers, and Toure get more snaps in real game scenarios.

Despite some hiccups, I think this is the best the OL has played this season.  Yosh was better in his second game at RT.  Zach Tom desperately needs to get into the weight room, and the buffet table.  

This defense remains frustrating.  I can't tell if it is the line or linebackers that are atrocious against the run.  I didn't notice much difference when the back-ups came in at ILB.  The safeties are bad, Amos is Jekel and Hyde, while Savage is a faster version of HaHa.  At least the defense held on to some INTs today.  

I am only partly on board with the fire Barry crowd, because I just don't know if it changes anything at this juncture.  

I could probably complain more about that but I am sleepy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The refs cheating Tonyan, and LaFleur calling the most generic 4th and 1 call in the playbook was the difference in an epic comeback.

4th and 1 about execution and QB sneaks.  Can't have the change up be your main option

Just didn't do it this time.

5 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Has he seen what it’s looked like when he drops back more? I’ll give him a clue: they lose games by the same kind of margin to teams that are significantly worse than the Buffalo Bills. I swear to god this guy will never be happy, unless he is 100% right or 100% gets his way, which will never happen. 

Not his fault our bum of a head coach has no idea how to call a game. Running the ball down 3 scores going into the 4th is a bush league move. Lafleur coaches like a coward.

I feel like a lot of the defensive struggles is basic as can be: tackling. Players that have been good at tackling have not been great at it this year. Amos and Campbell have been most disappointing in this front. Savage and Stokes are liabilities against the run. Guys are getting so much more YAC than they should. Whats also kinda also nuts is Rasul might be our best tackler right now lol. Everyone else just dont cut it. 

You got maybe 3-4 starters playing well right now. Rasul/Jaire/Preston/Gary and they even have struggled this year at times. When you got 2/3s of your D playing poor thats when you know its bad.

Where has Kenny Clark been lately? I haven't heard his name a ton. It seems like he hasn't been making an impact like earlier games. This DL just can't get off blocks right now. Think we gotta get Lowry off the field at the very least. Reed hasn't been great either, gotta start playing more of Slaton who looks good against the run and Wyatt to see what he has. 

They gotta clean up their tackling or its not going to get better on D its that simple. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

Next Gen Stats -   Jaire Alexander aligned across from Gabe Davis on 14 of 23 routes (61%) in Week 8. Alexander had an INT and did not allow a reception on 4 targets to Davis as the nearest defender (3 tight windows).

• Matt Schneidman -  Good morning. Last night wasn’t the first time this season an opposing WR1 has sautéed other Packers DBs while the corner they’re paying more per year than *any corner in NFL history* has locked down someone far less dangerous. Coaching malpractice from Joe Barry. Again.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Next Gen Stats -   Jaire Alexander aligned across from Gabe Davis on 14 of 23 routes (61%) in Week 8. Alexander had an INT and did not allow a reception on 4 targets to Davis as the nearest defender (3 tight windows).

• Matt Schneidman -  Good morning. Last night wasn’t the first time this season an opposing WR1 has sautéed other Packers DBs while the corner they’re paying more per year than *any corner in NFL history* has locked down someone far less dangerous. Coaching malpractice from Joe Barry. Again.

Nobody said a peep after Jaire got burned last week by Washingtons WR #1...

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nobody said a peep after Jaire got burned last week by Washingtons WR #1...

Jaire got beat by a perfect throw twice, I really wouldn't say he was out of position on either route. I think we've said all year if their best beats our best, tip.your cap and move on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Isherwood said:

What Rodgers actually said was something to the effect of "We're going to have to push the ball down the field to win games in this league." 

That a 100% true statement especially when you're talking about beating good teams. The problem is...we don't have the personnel to do that, especially on any consistent basis. 

11 hours ago, Maverick said:

Buffalo is getting into our guys faces every play. Yet no penalties. 

Thanks Goodell, you ******* ****head. 

Yes, what is up with that crap?  They might be the best team in the league but have no class IMO.