Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Eh.

If I'm remembering it right...one of the deep ones to Doubs was down the middle off of a throw back to Rodgers from a RB.

Looked to me like Doubs split the corner and safety with ease.  Then had to throttle back so the ball could get to him.

I thought it showed a lot of what Doubs can do...in regards to pure speed.  Ball was late and underthrown by a little bit.

But Doubs still split both guys easily.

I don't think you are allowed to suggest that 

• Like 1

Good observation, vegas on that trick-play throw to Doubs.  You're right, it was kinda under-thrown and he did have to throttle back.  

On WR, you know you're kinda hurting at WR when a 7th rounder Toure who'd have been practice squad on probably 25 other teams is getting snaps.  And when a punt-return man Amari is getting asked to play some snaps from scrimmage at WR.  

Bummer that Watson got instantly knocked out on his first touch.  He caught that ball several yards beyond the LOS of scrimmage, I think?  Was this his deepest completion from Rodgers, with him being a couple yards beyond the line when he caught it before YACing for some more?   

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't think you are allowed to suggest that 

LOL.

I said it at the time...it was the best deep ball he's thrown in weeks.  And it was still late and a little underthrown.

But it sure came out of his hand great.  But the fact is also this....had it been 6 yards deeper, it hits Doubs in stride with about 1.5 to 2 yards on the defenders.  Whether or not he catches it?  Different story.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, craig said:

Good observation, vegas on that trick-play throw to Doubs.  You're right, it was kinda under-thrown and he did have to throttle back.  

On WR, you know you're kinda hurting at WR when a 7th rounder Toure who'd have been practice squad on probably 25 other teams is getting snaps.  And when a punt-return man Amari is getting asked to play some snaps from scrimmage at WR.  

Bummer that Watson got instantly knocked out on his first touch.  He caught that ball several yards beyond the LOS of scrimmage, I think?  Was this his deepest completion from Rodgers, with him being a couple yards beyond the line when he caught it before YACing for some more?   

I fell asleep before any Toure heroics.  So I can't comment on him.

I was hoping Watson would have a break out game of sorts.  And it is too early to tell on him, but to me, he doesn't look to have "it" to be a plus WR in the league.  He looks too, uh, nice.  And it doesn't look like he really wants it all that badly.

Without seeing Toure...it wouldn't shock me if he's got a chip on his shoulder for being on the PS while a fragile guy like Watson is taking up a main roster spot.

But, that is just me projecting things that very well may not be there  at all.

If it were me drafting WR's for this squad moving forward....I'm only drafting guys that will talk all practice long with JA, pretty much get a dust up every practice and then bump him while in line for lunch.  But that is just me.

51 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Eh.

If I'm remembering it right...one of the deep ones to Doubs was down the middle off of a throw back to Rodgers from a RB.

Looked to me like Doubs split the corner and safety with ease.  Then had to throttle back so the ball could get to him.

I thought it showed a lot of what Doubs can do...in regards to pure speed.  Ball was late and underthrown by a little bit.

But Doubs still split both guys easily.

I remember that play. Easy touchdown if Rodgers hits him. Still had a chance to catch it on the adjustment too but the defender did a good job. Doubs is going to be a player.

Play 1: Clark dominated at the point of attack. Gain of 6 up the middle.

Play 2: Great coverage by Jaire to force an incompletion. 

Play 3: Again great coverage by Jaire to force an incompletion. Gary forced Allen to step up and out. 

+++

Play 4: Excellent fill by Safety Damar Hamlin. Runyan and Tom both went up to the same ILB leaving Hamlin. Gain of 2

Play 5: Solid blocking from the right side of the line and a great job by Jones to make the Safety miss. Gain of 6.

Play 6: Nice catch falliing out of bounds by Sammy Watkins for a gain of 3. 

Play 7: Play Action check down to AJ Dillon on the flare screen for a gain of 9. 

Play 8: Lateral to Aaron Jones on a check down on the flare screen for a gain of 7. 

Play 9: Ran right into the run blitz and didn't get the ILB covered up. Gain of 2.

Play 10: Dog**** read on the RPO by Rodgers, then held the ball rather than throw the hot read. Tom crashed down on the run block and Settle wrong-gapped it for the sack. Loss of 7. 

Play 11: Middle screen. Poor block by Myers on the middle linebacker allowed him to slide off and make the tackle in combination with the unblocked safety. Gain of 12. 

Play 12: Two bunch sets. Jones and Watkins tried to run crossing slants, but Jones never got off the press and Watkins ran to nowhere. Doubs may have been open on the other side, but Tom got pushed into Rodgers lap and knocked him off his throw for an incompletion. Turnover on downs.

+++

Play 13: Inside Run. Lowry dominated at the point of attack by Quessenberry and Knox. Walker got off the clean block by Knox for a tackle after a gain of 9. 

Play 14: Inside Run. Walker slow to fill the gap that Lowry held open for him. He finally stepped up and made the tackle. Gain of 5.

Play 15: Inside Run. Lowry beat at the point of attack by Quessenberry and Bates. Campbell can't get off the block. Gain of 30. 

Play 16: Both DTs held up well against the double teams and ILBs filled well. Nice defensive rep. Gain of 1. 

Play 17: Outstanding read by Preston Smith on the Zone Read. He turned this back inside and caused a big loss. Loss of 5. 

Play 18: Preston Smith lost containment leading to a long scramble. Savage misses the tackle that would have prevented the 1st down. Gain of 20.

Play 19: Good goal line stand by everybody except Kenny Clark who gave up some ground on the double team. Gain of 0.

Play 20: Goal line rollout empty. Nice play by Josh Allen stringing things out.