Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think left side was Runyan, sometimes Tom, sometimes Hanson? Did Van Lannen play guard?

I seem to have a single brain cell that remembers me thinking at least they are set at LG because JRJ is getting all the snaps. I guess I'd rather try to hide Newman next to Bak for whatever good that will do. Hiding him on the bench would be even better

52 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'll not bet against Josh Allen.

He's too likeable.

We were talking about this at work a week or two back. It's like what in the hell could you ever dislike in that guy? Always seems down to earth humbish guy, friendly in interviews, god tier talent and he plays straight balls out.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Might be part of the OL struggles.  Lots of shuffling and cross training but little continuity 

I think this is going under the radar and I know it's talked about, but we've had too much moving around on the OL and bringing guys in and out. I've never played OL so I should shut up but not being next to the same guys game to game to game sounds like it would be terrible.

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think this is going under the radar and I know it's talked about, but we've had too much moving around on the OL and bringing guys in and out. I've never played OL so I should shut up but not being next to the same guys game to game to game sounds like it would be terrible.

I think this will be like 5-6 different OL combinations.  TC was similar with the injuries to Bahktiari and Jenkins.  Felt like a lot of cross training for the younger players making the college to NFL transition that much harder.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's a big contributor to why this team has been trash.   The OL has played very poorly, especially in handling any stunts.   They do not pass off blocks well and give up big pressure in the passing game.   They also are getting handled in the middle to the point that the running game cannot sustain drives.  The constant lineup shuffling and putting guys like Hanson out there who simply aren't NFL starting caliber talents has been a coaching staff fail.

Either we aren't drafting well enough, or there is a development problem.   Our OL used to be very good, but the last 2 years has been very over rated.

This game is still largely won or lost at the Line of scrimmage.   Our offense has consistently lost the LOS>

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

That is what I think is the offense's biggest problem.  This offensive line is not what we thought that it was going to be.  The running game was supposed to be the backbone, but we are running for too many 1 or 2 yard gains and getting behind the sticks.  We knew that the passing game would be a work in progress this season, and it certainly has been.  The passing attack is not good enough to consistently play in 3rd and long plays.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

It's a big contributor to why this team has been trash.   The OL has played very poorly, especially in handling any stunts.   They do not pass off blocks well and give up big pressure in the passing game.   They also are getting handled in the middle to the point that the running game cannot sustain drives.  The constant lineup shuffling and putting guys like Hanson out there who simply aren't NFL starting caliber talents has been a coaching staff fail.

Either we aren't drafting well enough, or there is a development problem.   Our OL used to be very good, but the last 2 years has been very over rated.

This game is still largely won or lost at the Line of scrimmage.   Our offense has consistently lost the LOS>

Do you think Hanson is not an NFL guard, like ever, or just not ready yet?

Greg Van Roten is on the Bills right now.  Lucas Patrick developed into a starter.  There were times when they were with the Packers that they weren't ready yet, but they have played in the league.