Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Do you think Hanson is not an NFL guard, like ever, or just not ready yet?

Greg Van Roten is on the Bills right now.  Lucas Patrick developed into a starter.  There were times when they were with the Packers that they weren't ready yet, but they have played in the league.  

He's backup talent.   He's not a starting OL for a good team.  He's a poor man's Lucas Patrick.

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is what I think is the offense's biggest problem.  This offensive line is not what we thought that it was going to be.  The running game was supposed to be the backbone, but we are running for too many 1 or 2 yard gains and getting behind the sticks.  We knew that the passing game would be a work in progress this season, and it certainly has been.  The passing attack is not good enough to consistently play in 3rd and long plays.  

OL still has some potential to solidify a bit though, in theory. But I didn't even know Jenkins was hurt until a couple minutes ago...

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

We were talking about this at work a week or two back. It's like what in the hell could you ever dislike in that guy? Always seems down to earth humbish guy, friendly in interviews, god tier talent and he plays straight balls out.

He'sy favorite QB in the league. I was sold after that interview I saw with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

He's backup talent.   He's not a starting OL for a good team.  He's a poor man's Lucas Patrick.

Playing devil's advocate, what was your opinion of Lucas Patrick in his second season? 

I too haven't been at all impressed by Hanson.  But I guess I am just not ready to give up yet.  

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Playing devil's advocate, what was your opinion of Lucas Patrick in his second season? 

I too haven't been at all impressed by Hanson.  But I guess I am just not ready to give up yet.  

I don't honestly recall.   Lucas Patrick is better than Hanson.   Solid backup at the middle 3 positions.  Was able to jump in and get you thru games.  

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

OL still has some potential to solidify a bit though, in theory. But I didn't even know Jenkins was hurt until a couple minutes ago...

It has always been my opinion that having a consistent unit is just as important as the talent of the pieces.  How many different combinations have we used so far this year? While it is easy for me to sit on my couch and see that Newman is not good enough, he also played a couple of games and the preseason, out of position at RT.  It just isn't a recipe for success.  Is that primarily a LeFleur issue, or a Stenovich issue, or a players issue?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

We were talking about this at work a week or two back. It's like what in the hell could you ever dislike in that guy? Always seems down to earth humbish guy, friendly in interviews, god tier talent and he plays straight balls out.

Yah he's one of my favorite players in the NFL.  Glad he ended up in Buffalo.  Like all the young QB's.  Burrow, Herbert, and Mahommes.  That's the future of the NFL.  Got tell you Fields is pretty dangerous too.  He impressed me today.  Changing of the guard in the NFL.  Let's see if Aaron has anything to say about it tonight. 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He'sy favorite QB in the league. I was sold after that interview I saw with him.

For sure, I said he was the best QB in the NFL after/during week 1 over some drinks and people talked like I was a bit crazy. It sure looks like he is to me. Mahomes is god tier again though as well.

Just now, Norm said:

Get to see Yosh who isn't a RT (again) and now Tom who isn't a G, play those spots. I guess I'm intrigued.

Like I said earlier, I am actually happy to see what Yosh has at RT.  It is an easier decision to make in the offseason to pay him or not if he can or cannot play RT.  Hard to pay both him and Bakhtiari to play LT.  But Yosh is a very good insurance policy at LT if Bakhtiari continues to struggle with his knee.