Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It has always been my opinion that having a consistent unit is just as important as the talent of the pieces.  How many different combinations have we used so far this year? While it is easy for me to sit on my couch and see that Newman is not good enough, he also played a couple of games and the preseason, out of position at RT.  It just isn't a recipe for success.  Is that primarily a LeFleur issue, or a Stenovich issue, or a players issue?

It's def odd after Tom seemed to be decent from all reports but they just would not play him, and then I was like oh maybe they didn't want him at RT, okay now he's at freaking guard. And Nijman, oh now he has to play RT. It's all so odd. Then the Hanson being forced in, which I figured was just because he'd been around longer?

Is Sean Rhyan alive? You'd swear he was on IR, I get he's not ready and he's a rookie G so nobody will talk about him but I swear other than that stupid picture of him that I posted a few times, it's like he has not existed.

I've said before, I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall as the discussions about who to start on the OL have went down bc it just feels so odd to me.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Playoff standings coming into this game.....

NFC Playoff Picture:
1.  Eagles    7-0
2.  Vikings  6-1
3.  Seahawks  5-3
4.  Falcons 4-4
5.  Cowboys 6-2
6.  Giants 6-2
7.  Niners 4-4
8.  Commanders 4-4
9.  Rams  3-4
10. Packers 3-4

Just an insane talent gap from this conference compared to the AFC now its crazy. So many average teams at the top of these standings

It's going to take a miracle for us to be the only team in our division to make the playoffs for the second year in a row. And if it does happen, hopefully somewhere along the line Kirk Cousins has a career-ending injury so that even if we lose in the playoffs again, we will never have to worry about losing to Cousins ever again.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's def odd after Tom seemed to be decent from all reports but they just would not play him, and then I was like oh maybe they didn't want him at RT, okay now he's at freaking guard. And Nijman, oh now he has to play RT. It's all so odd. Then the Hanson being forced in, which I figured was just because he'd been around longer?

Is Sean Rhyan alive? You'd swear he was on IR, I get he's not ready and he's a rookie G so nobody will talk about him but I swear other than that stupid picture of him that I posted a few times, it's like he has not existed.

I've said before, I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall as the discussions about who to start on the OL have went down bc it just feels so odd to me.

Feels like flying by the seat of their pants...

Like the SF playoff game last season.  Let's play dudes at positions they havenplayed at all year against a top defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

How much preseason did you watch?

Everyone ragged on Hanson, myself included.  But Sean Rhyan was a lot worse than Hanson.  Like, he was JV among the JV team.  In fact, I thought that Rhyan was the worst lineman that we had.

I think Tom is kind of like a cross between Jenkins and Bakhtiari.  He can play them all, but just like young Bakhtiari, he isn't strong enough yet.  Tom will likely find a home somewhere on this line, probably next year.  

Just now, squire12 said:

Feels like flying by the seat of their pants...

Like the SF playoff game last season.  Let's play dudes at positions they havenplayed at all year against a top defense.

It really does, and I think I have enough faith in them so it's like I do not want to believe that is the case but it sure feels like flinging poo at the walls anymore to see what sticks. Even how the games are called, both sides of the ball, kind of feels that way this year.

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Just an insane talent gap from this conference compared to the AFC now its crazy. So many average teams at the top of these standings

SF going to secure the NFC west.  Their bye is next week and will be getting healthy.   NFC south is a disaster.  .500 team very likely wins that