Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

9 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Why has it gotten this bad?   

Beyond that it has been a huge percentage of the posts on this board for 7 years.  Nice try though.

Because nobody cares what he used to do anymore. We want rings. And now he can't even carry in the regular season anymore.

Why the **** wouldn't it get bad? We're 3-4 and we've played so pretty meh teams.

Why does AR deserve unflinching loyalty until he's retired?

More people starting to see it isn't a giant conspiracy. It's what people see. I know you wanna keep gas lighting the **** out of everything but it's time to realize maybe he's not god like anymore.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Because nobody cares what he used to do anymore. We want rings. And now he can't even carry in the regular season anymore.

Why the **** wouldn't it get bad? We're 3-4 and we've played so pretty meh teams.

More people starting to see it isn't a giant conspiracy. It's what people see. I know you wanna keep gas lighting the **** out of everything but it's time to realize maybe he's not god like anymore.

The same amateur blogger Eli Berkovitz’s of the world that were complaining that his madden rating and his NFL Top 100 rating were “too low” this year are now saying that he’s just a wittle guy who’s almost 40 and can’t do it all by himself anymore. Can’t even line up under center anymore! Well we probably shouldn’t have given that guy $50 million dollars then. 

• Like 3

I’m gonna give me honest thoughts after rewatching the last couple games.

Bit of background, I’m not on either of your “teams” in this forum. I’m talking about the Rodgers haters and the Rodgers d*ck riders.

He is part of the problem. So are 51 other guys on this roster. Only two players are consistently playing up to their standards on this entire team.

We are failing in fundamentals constantly. They are not being coached hard enough. They’re not comfortable taking care of their assignments without making nervous mistakes, like having a false start, or dropping a ball, or not putting the ball in the absolute perfect spot. These mistakes all feed off each other and compound. We then lose momentum, and there has been zero adjustment we’ve shown that can turn things around.

Coaching & Scheming matters, especially when it’s a team wide issue.

#endrant

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Norm said:

Wooosh.  Everything football goes over your head.

The extremely simplistic view is, change the QB and things will get better.  The reality is - change the QB in GB and things get even worse.   My point wasn't about Rodgers.  It is about the lack of talent on offense on this football team.  It has 1 plus player - Aaron Jones.   We dont have a receiver on this team that is any good other than Lazard as a blocker.   They don't get separation, and most aren't very good with contested catches.    The OL for a multitude of reasons is not good.   The lineup shuffle this week shows the coaches don't have any more ideas on how to fix it.

We have failed to address ST for years and are still putting a punt returner out there who poses no risk to the other team and struggles to catch a punt.  For two years straight.   Who's fault is this?

We still have a defense that can't get off the field or stop another team from scoring in the 2nd half of football games.  this has been going on for years, even with the extreme level of draft investment on defense.   Who's fault is this?

This isn't about loyalty to AR.  You always seem to fail to understand this.   I get it- he is a very difficult person to like.  But he is our best QB, and one of the better ones in the league.  This is about organizational failure to build talent and run productive schemes. 

You criticize me for gas lighting.  i would accuse you of the same.   You point to the wrong things for the reason this team is 3 -4 and playing terrible football.   Changing the QB has 1 positive outcome, a higher draft pick.   If you are ready to start the tank then say so.  If not, then the calls for QB change are simply stupid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norm said:

Hey Norm....just answering this question for myself.  And it is not a "typical" thought of mine.

I want #12 to retire a Packer.  A legend.  His entire body of work is the reason why.  Not this year so far.

I'll criticize him, no doubt.  But it's that body of work that keeps me wanting him to retire here.  This was always in the cards with an old QB who is as particular as Rodgers.  I'd rather him fail here and retire, than go somewhere else and fail, or succeed, with a different uniform.

But, that is just me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Refugee said:

History, both recent and past, do not favor us in Buffalo. Not grabbing one of these last 3 games means we could reach the half way point with a deep hole to try to dig out of. Not saying this was the final nail in the coffin, but it was a nail.  

I was excited to go to the LAR game at Lambeau in December while I’m home, even with the headache of the Monday night game. Now, it seems like I’d be better off commiserating with friends and family in Milwaukee and to save my money and time, but mostly my broken heart after watching this team flush its potential down the drain. 

I don't believe we have ever won in upstate NY.  This is gonna be an ugly game for us.  I'm just sorry it is going to be in prime time.  😕