The Good, the Bad, the Raiders finally showed up vs. Houston (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

Jacobs has been great! Patient, decisive, angry. Dude is playing at an elite level. Carr kept a couple plays alive in the pocket and delivered some darts. Hollins, Renfrow and Adams came through in big moments. McDaniels called a great game. Carlson is money from 50+ in. 

Ugly: not extending Josh! Lol 

• Like 1

I do not get why people are so disappointed by the defense.  They did what you would want from a team playing the Texans.  Bend don't break and let the offense beat their defense.  They gave up 20 points which is not great but not bad.  If you count the pick six that is a net of 13 points for the Texans offense.  Now they still have issues and that was expected.  That was a good team win over a bad team we should have beat.  I am not going to get down on the team nor am I going to think this team is all of a sudden a contender.  Some good easy wins is what we need to start believing in ourselves again and then we will be ready to test some higher caliber teams.  Entire team needs to stay hungry and focused.  Both Josh and Graham need to keep it simple and make the easy decisions.  We are a better team than our record indicates but we still need to work as a team for 60 minutes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Josh McDaniels is a phenomenal run game design guy. You can see how good we are at run blocking this year compared to last year.

Has anyone focused in on/noticed Jakob Johnson's play? I was such an Ingold fan but now I don't even notice our FB.

Has he been a big part of our new found running game?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not get why people are so disappointed by the defense.  They did what you would want from a team playing the Texans.  Bend don't break and let the offense beat their defense.  They gave up 20 points which is not great but not bad.  If you count the pick six that is a net of 13 points for the Texans offense.  Now they still have issues and that was expected.  That was a good team win over a bad team we should have beat.  I am not going to get down on the team nor am I going to think this team is all of a sudden a contender.  Some good easy wins is what we need to start believing in ourselves again and then we will be ready to test some higher caliber teams.  Entire team needs to stay hungry and focused.  Both Josh and Graham need to keep it simple and make the easy decisions.  We are a better team than our record indicates but we still need to work as a team for 60 minutes.

If we gave up more than 20 I was going to flip. Pitched donuts in the 1st and 4th tho. I love me some walk off ints tho. Reminds me of the Eric turner glory days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Wel the D played well in the 4th Q. They forced 1 punt all day against a bad Hou team. 
I think people are disappointed that Hou was in scoring position their first what 5 or 6 drives. 

but yes the D turned it on at the end. 
our D is much better playing with a lead (most are)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I forgot who I was arguing with about us having more than enough firepower on offense to score in every qtr in a game and they said I was being unrealistic. Well we just did that yesterday. Won’t get too excited cause it’s the Texans tho

Might've been yourself b/c you refused to bet me we could score more than 24 PPG when I kept telling you that we absolutely could and would.