2K22: Bye Week

onejayhawk

We closed out the front seven games at 5-2. Considering the strength of the schedule, we were discussing 4-3 back in August. The back 10 games gives us a few more chances to chalk an easy W.

We have given our rebuilt secondary a good workout. At least one of our five sacks against SF were after first read was covered. All three of the rookie CB have been tested by fire and only Tom Brady really lit them up. Meanwhile the pass rush is just better. Chris Jones credits the DL coach but Spagnuolo still dials up a lot of blitzes. Gay and Chenal both ought to be viable blitzers but neither has much impact so far. The secondary has done a lot of it. 

Offensively, we finally had a complete game against the 49ers. After a slow start, the running game got rolling and Mecole Hardman had a career game. JuJu has established himself as the goto WR, but the wealth is spread around. Even Watson had a TD. 

With two weeks to get healthy, we should see the OL mostly back at 100%. Losing Turk Wharton hurt, but Saunders is getting meaningful playing time. Next up is the Titans on 6 November. That is followed by Jacksonville, both LA teams and the Bengals. November will be interesting but after the Bengals to start December, only one team, the Seahawks, is at .500 to this point. At this point things look promising.

Edited by onejayhawk

We add Kadarius Toney to the roster. If nothing else, he was an elite PR in college and Skyy Moore has had issues picking up the position. 

Toney is not really a WR, more like the Dave Meggett of my youth. I can see him playing some slot, but often in motion and frequently getting the ball near the LOS. He's more shifty and quick than fast but lethal in space. 

34 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

He returned 12 punts his whole college career 

Granted he only returned punts fulltime for one year but that year he was their primary PR man--11 was third most in the league--with a 12.6 yd/rt average and return TD. That's enough to qualify as experienced and you have to love the results.

49 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Granted he only returned punts fulltime for one year but that year he was their primary PR man--11 was third most in the league--with a 12.6 yd/rt average and return TD. That's enough to qualify as experienced and you have to love the results.

He was tied for ~32nd in attempts, 7th in average, and tied for 4th in return TDs with ~27 people in the FBS. Are you referring to only SEC?

4 hours ago, RedGold said:

I disagree is not a WR type.  He has the skillset to play any of the WR spots.   If he gets his mind right,  he is a spectacular fit in an Andy Reid offense.   I’m still skeptical on that, but skillwise he fits.

I agree, not sure how his route running is but some of the highlights looked the part of getting off the line and his overall physical tools won't limit him at all imo.

8 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Ok I went back and read this a few times now and I still don't understand (had a bit to drink maybe that's why?) 

Elite PR. 

Nah, only did it 12 times. 

But that's 3rd. 

No that's 32 (n other lower rankings).

I said that's 3rd, that's good!

Umm, what?!  

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

It was 11 times in one season, 3rd most in the conference, top 50 nationally. He averaged over 12 yards per return in the country's most difficult conference. That's both experienced and elite performance.