GDT 7 - MNF - Da Bearz

Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

embarrassing

That is the word.

Chicago looked like an all time bad team until tonight

I don't understand the switching of Mac and Zappe. Just choose a starter. 

The defense looks uninterested in playing this game

The offensive playcalling has been hackey 

This reminds me of the early years when we had no hope.  We have no chance in our division especially with the Bills and our roster has way to many holes.

The coaches are dreadful.  Matty P and Judge come on, really. Also the ST team coach has stunk for the last couple of years.

Also  Have you seen whats going on with RBs before the trade deadline???  Harris doesn't have value ??????? Team like the Rams are desperate, now is the time.

Reality check of a game, after some weak opponents. 

This was an execution loss IMO. Yeah, the offensive playcalling was more not-so-great than it was great (2nd down handoff to your slowest receiver with under 2 minutes left in the half?). But many penalties were there on the OL? How many batted balls at the line? How many times did Fields look like he was going to take a loss, and then scramble for yards? The run defense wasn’t there. Can point to coaching and game planning, but there there was a lot here that just never got off the ground because of the early holes. Hats off to the Bears for making the plays to win and largely dominate the game. 

NE still struggles with mobile QBs, surprise surprise. Not sure if it’s Bill or if it’s the athletes up front, but it’s a trend. Won’t get far in the modern NFL if that’s the case. 

Hopefully a gut check snaps this team back, we’ll have to see. Got their butt’s whooped today.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont like this. 

I think I have proven my endless optimism and willingness to watch a losing team. 

However tonight, I feel like this franchise did wrong, I don't feel good about rooting for them. 

About benching Mac?

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

About benching Mac?

Not even giving him a chance. It felt like the purposely called ish plays. As soon as Zappe got in they called dynamic plays. IDK, I am not against benching guys. This one feels personal and not what's best for the team. Then we get the rhetoric that oh, both QBs will play, Mac will play in the second half. Then no Mac in sight. Meanwhile Zappe plays worse than weve seen Mac this year. Still no Mac. Something feels wrong. 

• Like 1

How did this coaching staff ruin Mac's career in one offseason? That's the biggest question I have watching this game. 

Zappe was never the guy.. he was a good backup running a super simple offense against the worse defenses in the league. Benching Mac for Zappe continues to ruin the relationship this coaching staff has had with Mac this year. He misses 3 games.. works his butt off to come back as early as possible and you get rid of him after 3 possessions.. I would be SOOOO angry as Mac. He threw a bad INT, but if he is your guy, you don't bench him for that. 

Don't flip flop QB's... it doesn't work and furthers the thought process of " if you have 2 QB's you don't have any". The play calling was garbage for Mac to start.. then all of a sudden Zappe has WIDE OPEN passes? He wasn't even making good passes.. he was lucky Meyers saved him on that TD. He is short so has had lots of tipped passes.. and now has 2 INT's.. 

If you don't want Mac, you might as well tank for a new QB and trade Mac to the Raiders who will make him a good QB again. Horrendous game and horrendous coaching. 

• Like 2