GDT 7 - MNF - Da Bearz

Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

NE still struggles with mobile QBs, surprise surprise. Not sure if it’s Bill or if it’s the athletes up front, but it’s a trend. Won’t get far in the modern NFL if that’s the case. 

This is where its completely BB fault. He refuses to change to today's football. Speed at the LB postilion. He uses low rd picks or picks up projects!!!!  THEY HAVE FRIGGING COLLIN ON THE ROSTER for the 4th time !!!!!

Out best LB is Bentley, really. He uses DBs in the box but that hasn't worked, we see the results. This is Bears and Fields. They stink.  BB has no excuses.

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not even giving him a chance. It felt like the purposely called ish plays. As soon as Zappe got in they called dynamic plays. IDK, I am not against benching guys. This one feels personal and not what's best for the team. Then we get the rhetoric that oh, both QBs will play, Mac will play in the second half. Then no Mac in sight. Meanwhile Zappe plays worse than weve seen Mac this year. Still no Mac. Something feels wrong. 

Zappe got bailed out twice by his receivers, aside from that the playcalling’s been similar. The downfield stuff wasn’t there all night, really. Team seemed to abandon the run early, even after re-taking the lead. 

I get hating the QB swap, but I don’t know, there’s merit to it beyond wanting Mac to fail. I’m not sure how I feel about it, and there’s certainly a strong stance on not liking it, but there’s not no scenario where switching QBs there was a bad decision. I don’t know. I’m sure tomorrow we’ll get “sources” talking about it.

I don’t think it takes an optimist to just resist all the gut reactions after a blowout.

The Bears would be smart to run this offense against the rest of the league. Just copy the Ravens and they can adapt from there.. it obviously worked tonight. Let Fields run and throw on the run and he can become a star. 

I can't imagine what must be going through Mac's head right now though.. no chance that INT was because of his ankle.. even if BB tries to say that's why he was benched. If Mac feels like the team doesn't believe in him.. it's only going to put him into more of a downward spiral. If he feels like he will get benched for every bad play, he's going to be even worse. Mac didn't make a lot of stupid decisions last year.. the coaching staff ruined his pivotal second year. 

9 minutes ago, m haynes said:

This is where its completely BB fault. He refuses to change to today's football. Speed at the LB postilion. He uses low rd picks or picks up projects!!!!  THEY HAVE FRIGGING COLLIN ON THE ROSTER for the 4th time !!!!!

Out best LB is Bentley, really. He uses DBs in the box but that hasn't worked, we see the results. This is Bears and Fields. They stink.  BB has no excuses.

They had athletes to do it. Phillips spied earlier in the season, Peppers could do it, Dugger could do it. Wilson and MacMillan are stronger athletes than they’re used to. Just wasn’t in the game plan (spying doesn’t always work). 

Judon is a great rusher but he’s not an elite athlete. Barmore’s a plus athlete for a DT (good not great IMO) but he didn’t play. 

I think it has more to do with Belichick (and co) the coach than it does Belichick the GM. The front isn’t stacked athletically but you don’t necessarily need elite athletes to slowdown mobile QBs. Especially against the non-elite athletes that we’ve seen them struggle with at times (Trubisky, Bortles). 

Edited by Yin-Yang

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not even giving him a chance. It felt like the purposely called ish plays. As soon as Zappe got in they called dynamic plays. IDK, I am not against benching guys. This one feels personal and not what's best for the team. Then we get the rhetoric that oh, both QBs will play, Mac will play in the second half. Then no Mac in sight. Meanwhile Zappe plays worse than weve seen Mac this year. Still no Mac. Something feels wrong. 

BB just killed this team with this QB (created by him) controversy. He ruined Mac Jones and he just set up Zappy to fail and crash and burn. Zappy is not ready and when he faces good teams he will be crushed.

This is a disaster and he has put his job on the line.  Mac is done in NE. Reason are to many to list but for one the fans reaction going forward.

If I'm Kraft I am furious.  If this goes the way I see it. BB should be fired!!!!!!

ADDED   What do you think Mac metal state is and how do you think he feel about BB and his ridicules coaching staff.

Edited by m haynes

4 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I can't imagine what must be going through Mac's head right now though.. no chance that INT was because of his ankle.. even if BB tries to say that's why he was benched. If Mac feels like the team doesn't believe in him.. it's only going to put him into more of a downward spiral. If he feels like he will get benched for every bad play, he's going to be even worse. Mac didn't make a lot of stupid decisions last year.. the coaching staff ruined his pivotal second year. 

People have talked about this with the 49ers a lot this offseason, but it rings kind of true: if Mac is so mentally effected by this that he cannot perform, then he doesn’t have it mentally, period. Mac may never be a great QB in this league anyway, but if he’s the guy that we, the fans, hope he becomes, then it takes a much tougher mindset than that. 

• Like 2

Ive been shutting them down for years but I might finally be ready

Where's the fire BB thread?

This felt like a power trip. This felt like bringing his buddy's back to coach units they don't know how to coach. This felt like those buddies not liking Mac, or that Mac was successful in Josh's offense. This felt like sabotage. "Belichick told me both Mac and Zappe will play in the second half"....

That Was A Lie GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

People have talked about this with the 49ers a lot this offseason, but it rings kind of true: if Mac is so mentally effected by this that he cannot perform, then he doesn’t have it mentally, period. Mac may never be a great QB in this league anyway, but if he’s the guy that we, the fans, hope he becomes, then it takes a much tougher mindset than that. 

I disagree completely There are plenty of players that haven't performed well in Mac situation that change coaches and teams and go on to better things. EX Jim Plunkett he was destroyed mentally and sat out for several years and came back healed and won SBs. The mental part of the game is serious issue.  You can't say he's not touch enough , he made it to the NFL.

I have seen first hand how devastating mental issues can be and have seen people come back with help and lifestyle changes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Ive been shutting them down for years but I might finally be ready

Where's the fire BB thread?

This felt like a power trip. This felt like bringing his buddy's back to coach units they don't know how to coach. This felt like those buddies not liking Mac, or that Mac was successful in Josh's offense. This felt like sabotage. "Belichick told me both Mac and Zappe will play in the second half"....

That Was A Lie GIFs | Tenor

Look back 3 post!!!!!!😁😁

Seriously this is crazy. This stuff only happened in the Sullivan era!!!

16 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I disagree completely There are plenty of players that haven't performed well in Mac situation that change coaches and teams and go on to better things. EX Jim Plunkett he was destroyed mentally and sat out for several years and came back healed and won SBs. The mental part of the game is serious issue.  You can't say he's not touch enough , he made it to the NFL.

I have seen first hand how devastating mental issues can be and have seen people come back with help and lifestyle changes.

Mental issues = / = being benched once lol.

Was Drew Brees ruined after the Chargers benched him for grandpa Flutie and then drafted Phillip Rivers in the first? Was Kurt Warner when he got benched, multiple times?

Seriously, you guys want a QB that, in the event he gets benched (fairly or not), is going to pout and suck? Rather than come back with a chip on his shoulder and an edge in competitiveness? You face adversity in this league, if being benched for a game is going to “ruin you” then you lack mental toughness. 

I get that he’s still a kid and he’s got growing to do. I don’t necessarily agree with the first quarter swap right now. But you guys must think pretty low of Mac Jones if he’s “ruined” after this. Feeling crappy or a little jaded is one thing - “ruined” is another. To me he’s shown mental toughness, he’s shown great work ethic, and he’s been in a similar position before as a backup at Alabama. I think he can take adversity. Time will tell.

If being benched in a Week 7 football game ruins him then I’m glad we find this out now so we can look for his replacement sooner than later.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Phillips spied earlier in the season, Peppers could do it, Dugger could do it.

They are not LBs. They need LBs to handle the speed not DBs because they lack size. The proof was the game tonight. They got killed by the mobile QB and destroyed by the run. 

28 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Wilson and MacMillan are stronger athletes than they’re used to. Just wasn’t in the game plan (spying doesn’t always work). 

Again they are scrubs, cast off, that have nothing to offer but to fill the position.  That is what I said earlier BB need to invest in real LBs with talent and speed. Just a guess but the last LB BB picked rated highly was Hightower !!!!!  Nothing over the last couple of years

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

They are not LBs. They need LBs to handle the speed not DBs because they lack size. The proof was the game tonight. They got killed by the mobile QB and destroyed by the run. 

Again they are scrubs, cast off, that have nothing to offer but to fill the position.  That is what I said earlier BB need to invest in real LBs with talent and speed. Just a guess but the last LB BB picked rated highly was Hightower !!!!!  Nothing over the last couple of years

I’ve been wanting a talented LBer for years, so you’re preaching to the choir. Thought we’d go Lloyd this year.

But, as I said, this has been a problem for years - with better athletes on defense (prime Collins, prime Hightower, Chandler Jones) against lesser opponents (Trubisky, Bortles). Was it athleticism then, too? 

Edited by Yin-Yang

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Mental issues = / = being benched once lol.

Was Drew Brees ruined after the Chargers benched him for grandpa Flutie and then drafted Phillip Rivers in the first? Was Kurt Warner when he got benched, multiple times?

Seriously, you guys want a QB that, in the event he gets benched (fairly or not), is going to pout and suck? Rather than come back with a chip on his shoulder and an edge in competitiveness? You face adversity in this league, if being benched for a game is going to “ruin you” then you lack mental toughness. 

I get that he’s still a kid and he’s got growing to do. I don’t necessarily agree with the first quarter swap right now. But you guys must think pretty low of Mac Jones if he’s “ruined” after this. Feeling crappy or a little jaded is one thing - “ruined” is another. To me he’s shown mental toughness, he’s shown great work ethic, and he’s been in a similar position before as a backup at Alabama. I think he can take adversity. Time will tell.

If being benched in a Week 7 football game ruins him then I’m glad we find this out now so we can look for his replacement sooner than later.

Laugh all you want your examples are ueless and have no bearing when it comes to Mac future which  is complete turmoil going forward.

PS Your LOL comment IMO is insulting. I don't agree with your comments however i don't belittle you when i reply.