Mike McCoy is gone.

BroncoSojia

8 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I'm of the opinion that our coaches can only do so much with the crappy personnel they have, but oh well. The people that wanted someone fired got their wish. Let's see if Musgrave can turn chicken**** into chicken salad.

mmm...chicken salad.

McCoy never has had success unless he's been paired with a player/OC/HC smarter than him offensively - Whisenhunt in his good SD years, and Peyton in his DEN time.   I still think Musgrave is actually smarter than him, and the OAK struggles this year with his departure as OC suggest he deserves more credit for the OAK success there (although losing OL guys has played a big role as well, who knew our worst RT Watson was a key part of their OL at RT lol).

Having said that, McCoy is just the scapegoat - our OL is a bottom 5 unit even with getting Leary to play well, and Bolles to upgrade our run blocking unit (we're actually above-average in run blocking, we're near last pass-blocking - and given our need to catch up, the overall effect of our pass blocking kills our overall score).   We have no playmakers outside of DT and Sanders at WR/TE.   We wasted a ton of snaps on JC, who has zero part of our future (at least CJA deserved his 1st-2nd down role as best RB for that position).    All of that is on Elway.

McCoy wasn't great...but I don't know that anyone could fix this mess of bad personnel.  At least until we get better personnel.  Again, that's on Elway.

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

I'm of the opinion that our coaches can only do so much with the crappy personnel they have, but oh well. The people that wanted someone fired got their wish. Let's see if Musgrave can turn chicken**** into chicken salad.

Well for 1 week... Musgrave gets to call a game against a historically pathetic defense giving up a 70%+ completion rate to opposing QBs. Oh and they have set an NFL record for longest INT drought. 

#Raiders have faced 10 QBs this season. Their passer rating vs Oakland is 113.3

So Musgrave should give the Broncos at least a shot in the arm for a week 

Archived