Mike McCoy is gone.

BroncoSojia

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

This offense has been stuck in the mud. Like a weighted-down elephant.

I'm interested to see what Musgrave does. 

The problem lies with the personnel, not the coaches. Who the hell thought Brock Osweiler was going to be good for us? He's terrible and has always been terrible. He can't execute the simplest plays and reads with one of the examples being the INT in the endzone yesterday.

We run a pick play to get Sanders free and Latimer does his job by impeding the cornerback covering Sanders. However, Brock stupidly throws the ball to the inside to Latimer and Kirpatrick almost houses it. All while Sanders was wiiide open. Mike McCoy has nothing to do with the horrible decisions and accuracy from the crappy stable of QBs we have right now.

He's just a convenient scapegoat. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Keep in mind we actually would prefer if we went 0-6 for RoS....higher pick, franchise QB would be great if we can get him.  So none of what you are saying is that distressing to us (I know you're not trying to rile us up, but instead of worrying us...it kinda comforts me lol).

Nice part with Musgrave is not only does Lynch get an audition (which I think he fails spectacularly at), but we get to give Musgrave an audition too.   No harm to see what these guys can do, most likely they fail - which helps us long-term too.

Okay. Good luck with whatever you guys want.

I think this is more of a lateral move than anything.

But if Musgrave can provide to be just an adequate upgrade, he may be worth keeping around and then in the offseason add more talent on the offense to truly see where he's at.

That's what happened with Pat Shurmur and the Vikings this past year. He did as well as he could when Turner resigned mid season and after a full offseason has us rolling. Maybe the same can happen for Bill.

McCoy is and always has been a below average OC who got waaay to much credit for what Peyton Manning did. That said, our offensive problems are largely a personnel issue and I doubt the move fixes much in the long term. A simpler system might provide some benefit, however. What's really crappy is that I don't think our defense is in decline physically; it looks more to me like they just gave up after the Chargers game. Even a marginal offense could have given us a completely different season. 

Vance Joseph is claiming that he was the only person who made the decision to fire McCoy and Elway knew nothing about it until after McCoy had been dismissed. 

Vance Joseph is fooling precisely no one with that downright lie.

Vance Joseph has lost the plot. 

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Frankly given the dearth of talent we have on offense, bare bones might be exactly what we need.

A valid criticism of McCoy was that he not only was unadapatable - you can’t run 11 personnel when you have only 2 legit WRs, no TEs and OTs who both suck in pass pro.

That's my main issue with McCoy. He never played to this teams strengths (yeah, we have some) and expected Rivers/Manning type experience from Siemian/Brock/Lynch. Not gonna happen.

A simpler playbook, more I formation, more power run game with play action out of the I. Boring I know but gives a QB experience at reading defenses, both pre and post snap while keeping him from getting killed. Expecting any of our QB's to be successful in empty backfield 3+WR formations was foolish. It requires a lot of QB experience and going through rapid progressions to make that work. Brady makes it look simple, Trevor makes it look suicidal.

Archived