Week 8 Thread: The Wentz vs Matt Ryan game - where neither of them plays

MikeT14

28 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Holcomb out hurts. Our Q B on the defense side , leading tackler. Might be the diff in W / L .

Yep, this is a big problem. 

The one mildly positive thing I’ll say is that if you’re going to lose Holcomb, the best week to do it might be against a team with a rookie QB who will probably want to lean heavily on Jonathan Taylor in the run game. The one thing Mayo and/or Bostic can do decently is plug the run, and — if we’re assuming Jamin is going to be on the field for all the snaps now — at least we won’t be up against a veteran QB who might be more effective in taking advantage of his lack of experience and instincts. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yep, this is a big problem. 

The one mildly positive thing I’ll say is that if you’re going to lose Holcomb, the best week to do it might be against a team with a rookie QB who will probably want to lean heavily on Jonathan Taylor in the run game. The one thing Mayo and/or Bostic can do decently is plug the run, and — if we’re assuming Jamin is going to be on the field for all the snaps now — at least we won’t be up against a veteran QB who might be more effective in taking advantage of his lack of experience and instincts. 

Good points- hope it works out for us . !

Feels like the Colts are starting to get healthy again, with Ryan Kelly and Jonathan Taylor back in full and Darius Leonard back at least to some extent. Not having Kwity Paye helps us, as I’d imagine we still need all the help we can get in pass pro. 

It would be awfully nice to have Logan Thomas back to attack the middle of the field with some reliability, although lots of credit to Armani Rogers for stepping up and making a couple plays. Hopefully Bates will be a full go and can help us attack a pretty weak run defense. 

If Cosmi is back (and especially if Charles can’t go), it will create a very interesting decision on the OL. It’s obvious that both Lucas and Cosmi are among our top 5 OL — will they find a way to keep both on the field, or will Lucas go back to the bench in favor of a lesser player to play RG? Trying to handle DeForest Buckner would be an awfully tall task for a guy who isn’t a natural guard, but would either really be worse than Trai Turner?

Edited by e16bball

18 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Does anyone happen know how I can find where the Commanders rally will be in indianapolis will be tonight? My dad was on a flight with a group of people saying they are going, but he failed to get the info. 

It's in the phone box across the street from the stadium..... seriously though, hope your dad and his pals have a great day and witness a Washington win.