Week 8 Thread: The Wentz vs Matt Ryan game - where neither of them plays

MikeT14

Just now, offbyone said:

That interception earlier was horrible and im not trying to say heinicke is good, but I think this more tells you had bad Wentz was.  

It’s so weird that Wentz is poor at the routine things but he makes big plays. He still put up a lot of stats but just didn’t make the easy routine plays enough.

• Like 1

I can't believe we won this game. I wrote them off down 9. Extremely happy to see them dig deep and pull this win out.

The offense looks way better with Heinicke. Whether he is a better QB or as physically gifted as Wentz is in doubt, but Heinicke is getting results.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

It’s so weird that Wentz is poor at the routine things but he makes big plays. He still put up a lot of stats but just didn’t make the easy routine plays enough.

One thing not talked about enough is that Wentz might not be so great at fitting into or learning a new system.  He has only ever operated under one system before Washington.  That Reich system might have been the perfect system for him and he just can't do it.  Either way, I think it is clear, we should ride Heinicke as long as we can and then if hope dwindles or he gets banged up, switch to howell.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

TH is a turn over machine but he will feed McLauren and usually he wins on 50/50

Just now, offbyone said:

One thing not talked about enough is that Wentz might not be so great at fitting into or learning a new system.  He has only ever operated under one system before Washington.  That Reich system might have been the perfect system for him and he just can't do it.  Either way, I think it is clear, we should ride Heinicke as long as we can and then if hope dwindles or he gets banged up, switch to howell.

That and he only played 6 games in the offense. He needs more time to learn our offense & all but he got hurt so it is what it is. Not saying we should give him another year. Just those are the breaks.

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Terry McLaurin is the best receiver we have had in a long time. Amazing, Amazing player.

He might be the best all around Wr we’ve had since Monk. Pierre was great too, but Pierre wasn’t great at making contested catches like Terry is but Pierre was great at everything else.

DJax was great but he was all speed. He wasn’t a well rounded WR.

Then there’s Moss of course. 

I don’t know, tough one, but I’d take Terry.

• Like 1