Week 8 Thread: The Wentz vs Matt Ryan game - where neither of them plays

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

It’s sort of wild how few good teams there are in the NFL this season. Maybe it’s always that way and feels different because our schedule is easy, but man, we’re sitting on the edge of a playoff spot and I feel like we are not a very good team at all. 

Our defense keeps us in all of these games. 

19 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

But I can’t help but feel that’s also based on how few teams have functioning offenses. The Bears, Colts, and Packers (somehow) all seem shambolic, but maybe I’m underselling our defenses affect on that as well

The bears scored 22, 29 and 33 in 3 out of their last 4 games. Scored 7 against us. But yeah, I do agree with you. We still kinda suck for the most part lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He might be the best all around Wr we’ve had since Monk. Pierre was great too, but Pierre wasn’t great at making contested catches like Terry is but Pierre was great at everything else.

DJax was great but he was all speed. He wasn’t a well rounded WR.

Then there’s Moss of course. 

I don’t know, tough one, but I’d take Terry.

Yup. I've been saying for awhile now that he's Art Monk 2.0

For you younger guys who didn't get to see Monk play, if it was 3rd down you knew, the corner knew, the whole stadium knew, and the guy working the gas station down the street not even watching TV knew...that Monk was gonna get the ball thrown to him.

And he came down with it.

Terry reminds me A LOT of Monk.

• Like 2

Was at my mom's today but watched most of the game. I missed the best part (the final drive I was driving my kids home) but heard it on NFL channel on SIRIUS. Was very pumped for the team, for TH, and Terry. 

Good defense kept us in. TH being a magician did another chunk. And Terry going HAM did the rest.

• Like 1

Scott Turner is just not a very good OC. He's not maximizing his players at all.... this should have been a game that we experimented with different formations, rollouts, and etc. Instead, he called the most vanilla s*** I've ever seen - UNTIL we had to score a teeder, the offense looked anemic. This needs to be addressed, we don't have to coddle TH. He is 9 and 9 as a starter.... you are what your record says you are.

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Scott Turner is just not a very good OC. He's not maximizing his players at all.... this should have been a game that we experimented with different formations, rollouts, and etc. Instead, he called the most vanilla s*** I've ever seen - UNTIL we had to score a teeder, the offense looked anemic. This needs to be addressed, we don't have to coddle TH. He is 9 and 9 as a starter.... you are what your record says you are.

He's actually 9-8 and 7-3 in his last 10 according to Nikki Jhavbala on twitter

• Like 1