Josh freaking Jacobs

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, true2form said:

I heard someone mention that Davante is making it so much easier on Josh too.  He's not facing 8 in the box anymore with teams doubling Davante. 

No doubt. Eventually, teams are going to start stacking the box to slow him down and that is when the fun really begins. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Exactly, I think it was the right decision at the time though it looks the wrong decision right now.

Let’s hope he can hold up the whole year, because if he goes down injured again that could impact what we do too. I’m interested to see what White can do too given our run blocking seems to be much improved. 

I think White should be getting 6 to 8 carries now to keep Josh healthy. I also prefer Abdullah over Bolden he can walk we don't need a scholarship RB.

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Easy in hindsight to say should've picked up his option. He had a nice finish last season, but he missed a lot of time with injuries after his rookie year. 

Question now is, do you pay him? 

It wasn't a matter of if but when for me. I was big on drafting Jacobs, after his rookie year they started dismantling the OL and Cable sucks. Jacobs has actually not missed many games but played hurt which was not ideal. But there were stretches in the past where I said this team runs thru Jacobs, Carr apologist did not want to hear it, but it's true Jacobs carries this team when healthy.

He is definitely worth resigning but I would not give him top money. I would give him an Ekeler type deal guaranteed with the ability to earn in the $10-12 range with incentives.  If he had been playing even close to this way before his contract year we would have already extended him.  I do not think he will be Waller after he gets paid but he will lose some motivation.  Almost every player does for a little while.  #1 in FD, #2 in yards/game, #2 in TDs, and averaging 5.7 a carry.  Imagine what he would have done if we made him the focus from the beginning of the season.  

Also since I have been very harsh on the oline I would like to make a public apology.  They have done a good job in the run game and some of the blocks on Sunday were great.  Specifically saw James with a couple.  Credit where credit is due.

Regardless if we picked up his option or not, his play was gonna warrant an extension. 

Certainly can’t let him walk as he’s carrying the team. Running backs 2nd contracts are always tricky. Recent history suggests top tier backs like Jacobs start regressing around 6-7 year mark. 

The offense will look different next year. One or 2 large contracts won’t return 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

What’s the difference in money in picking up the 5th year and franchise tagging him which is the most likely outcome that we’re gonna see. 

Looked it up and it’s only like a 1.5 or 2 million difference. Raiders made the right Decision to not pick it up. He’s performed but franchise tag and let it play out is the right way to do this 

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Looked it up and it’s only like a 1.5 or 2 million difference. Raiders made the right Decision to not pick it up. He’s performed but franchise tag and let it play out is the right way to do this 

This, I read that article too. Only 1.5 mil higher than the extension. I’ve always liked JJ and his style. However, we ALL know how players play during a contract year, adams does make it easier, better blocking scheme and O LINE coach = tag him. This pays him like a top RB, protects us from a falloff (or someone like the chefs signing him. Hello?) and gives a yr to work contracts, get a better read on zeus etc. right time and situation to use the tag. Which we hardly ever do btw. Still a lot of season left. 

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

This, I read that article too. Only 1.5 mil higher than the extension. I’ve always liked JJ and his style. However, we ALL know how players play during a contract year, adams does make it easier, better blocking scheme and O LINE coach = tag him. This pays him like a top RB, protects us from a falloff (or someone like the chefs signing him. Hello?) and gives a yr to work contracts, get a better read on zeus etc. right time and situation to use the tag. Which we hardly ever do btw. Still a lot of season left. 

Because they never have a player worth tagging 😔

On 10/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, Devilshark69 said:

Lmfao! I can’t and won’t argue that brother! I think the last was maybe c wood? Seymour maybe? Can’t remember for sure, either way that’s 10 or more yrs ago.....just sad. 

Our Draftees getting Second contracts period 

carr, kolt, gabe, hunter, maxx, route am I missing anyone 

• Like 1