Week 8: San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

N4L

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Definitely don’t think he’s back. Like a lot of people mentioned in the off season, they thought we would extend him and we didn’t. The writing is definitely on the wall. 

I think with Gipson's play, it's made Ward expendable IMO. Gipson has been better than I thought he would do, plus he'll be much much cheaper in 2023.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I think with Gipson's play, it's made Ward expendable IMO. Gipson has been better than I thought he would do, plus he'll be much much cheaper in 2023.

Gibson is also starting to now get taken advantage in coverage. He's not as close as good as Ward. I don't know if we bring Ward back or not, but we definitely shouldn't just count on Gibson being the starting FS in 2023.

• Like 3

I feel like on offense the 49es will feature the short passing game and running game.

I'm worried about Jimmmy Ward, who is slowed down by the club, going against Cooper Cupp from a spot that is not his natural position.  Not having his left hand makes this tougher as well.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

While we have beaten the Rams seven consecutive times in the regular season, the second meeting has always been super tight and come down to the wire.

In 2019, we won the first meeting by 13 and then won by 3 in the second meeting.

In 2020, we won by 8 in the first meeting and then won by 3 in the second meeting.

In 2021, we won by 21 in the first meeting and then won by 3 in the second meeting.

In 2022, we won by 15 in the first meeting and then..........................

All those games in the 2nd game we won the game at the end. What does this game have in store for us? 

• Like 1

The main concern have with this game is Deebo’s availability. Possibility he doesn’t play and he’s always been a problem for the Rams. If he doesn’t play then by default Ramsey will be on Aiyuk. 

C. Ward needs to be on Kupp. Don’t understand how you’re the main guy, there’s no one else really to fear on the Rams, so we need to put Ward on him and safety coverage. I know Van Jefferson is coming back, but I would imagine he’s going to come in slowly 

They are going to come out running and our DTs struggled last wk, so semi nervous. 

CMC is going to get A LOT of touches. I already foresee it, again esp if Deebo is out. Yes, I think Wilson will get his touches as well, but they are going to move around CMC all game. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Deebo and Jennings not practicing is not good.

Yep, but hopefully CMC, Wilson, Kittle, Aiyuk will be enough on offense, and that our D can shut them down, or contain them, would be nice to have Deebo & Jauan, but we beat them last year with injuries, beat them without Trent to get into the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Deebo and Jennings not practicing is not good.

Deebo is the Rams killer so that is going to be a tough one to deal with but Jennings has also made some big plays against them the last few years.

Welp, Danny Gray and Ray-Ray McCloud time!!

12 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Expecting a heavy dose of CMC on Sunday

He was going to have a heavy workload regardless but with Deebo likely out, we are looking at 22-25 touches for him.

This needs to be another big Kittle game. Anything less than 12 targets will be a disappointment. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Over/under 112.5 total yards from CMC?

I'll say over. I think we'll really try to feature him this week. I'm really excited to see what we do with him after the bye week. 

I know we aren't really in a great spot record wise right now, but I fully expect us to come out of the bye week on fire and string together some wins. We absolutely have a chance to win every game from here on out. 

• Like 3