2023 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

1) OT Dawand Jones - Taylor vs Jones winner gets LT, other goes to the right side.  Protect the franchise

2) Brandon Jones - Need a guy to defend the middle of the field, and keep the 3-safety sets alive.

3) DT Siaki Ika - Big man in the middle

4a) Thomas Incoom DE 

4b) Andrei Iosivas WR 

I did some trading around obviously.

34 Dawand Jones OT | Ohio State A
63 Tuli Tuipulotu DL | USC A+
66 Keeanu Benton DL | Wisconsin B+
95 Cedric Tillman WR | Tennessee A+
96 Jordan Battle S | Alabama A+
122 Byron Young (TN) EDGE | Tennessee A+
134 Chase Brown RB | Illinois A+
166 Dorian Williams LB | Tulane A+
174 Jonathan Mingo WR | Mississippi B+

On 3/16/2023 at 1:41 AM, Chiefer said:

1) OT Dawand Jones - Taylor vs Jones winner gets LT, other goes to the right side.  Protect the franchise

Uh, no. See below. Especially 1. Big guy for sure tho.

Weaknesses
  • Penalties have been an issue over the last two seasons.
  • Tends to overset with heels too close together.
  • Hands can be mistimed, inhibiting length advantage.
  • Top-heavy with difficulty redirecting his weight quickly.
  • Uneven and disjointed handling twisting fronts.
  • Limited block sustain due to below average foot quickness.
  • Must learn to create leverage with upward hand strikes.
  • Unable to execute move blocks with any consistency.
Edited by mayanfootball

31.  Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee; next to Trey Smith - communication excellent.

63.  Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan; Aces Dline rotation with Benton below.

95,  Keenau Benton, DT, Wisconsin; see above

122, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, West Virginia; will need seasoning, but oh boy if he hits

134. Cory Trice, CB, Purdue; gotta take one in a DEEP CB draft.

32 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

31.  Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee; next to Trey Smith - communication excellent.

63.  Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan; Aces Dline rotation with Benton below.

95,  Keenau Benton, DT, Wisconsin; see above

122, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, West Virginia; will need seasoning, but oh boy if he hits

134. Cory Trice, CB, Purdue; gotta take one in a DEEP CB draft.

Now I love me some Mazi and Keeanu…but there’s no point is drafting both unless you’re planning on trading away CJ95.

12 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Now I love me some Mazi and Keeanu…but there’s no point is drafting both unless you’re planning on trading away CJ95.

Nah, i'm looking at rotating both guys in and out. Freshness counts later in games.

Besides, who knows about injury backup?

Edited by mayanfootball

15 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Uh, no. See below. Especially 1. Big guy for sure tho.

Weaknesses
  • Penalties have been an issue over the last two seasons.
  • Tends to overset with heels too close together.
  • Hands can be mistimed, inhibiting length advantage.
  • Top-heavy with difficulty redirecting his weight quickly.
  • Uneven and disjointed handling twisting fronts.
  • Limited block sustain due to below average foot quickness.
  • Must learn to create leverage with upward hand strikes.
  • Unable to execute move blocks with any consistency.

Penalties?

Idk man every time I watch him he shuts guys down, very similar to what we look for in tackles. 

Here are a few.

31: R1 P31 TE Dalton Kincaid - Utah
63: R2 P32 DL Siaki Ika - Baylor
95: R3 P32 S Jammie Robinson - Florida State
122: R4 P20 RB Tyjae Spears - Tulane
134: R4 P32 WR Rakim Jarrett - Maryland

Using PFF 

31: R1 P31 TE Dalton Kincaid - Utah A
63: R2 P32  EDGE BJ Ojulari - LSU A+
95: R3 P32 DL Karl Brooks - Bowling Green A+ 
122: R4 P20  WR Nathaniel Dell - Houston A+
134: R4 P32 CB Tre’vius Hodges-Tomlinson - TCU A+

Overall Draft Grade A+

Mock Draft DB

31 Anton Harrison OT - Oklahoma 
63 Derick Hall EDGE - Auburn 
95 Gervon Dexter DL - Florida 
122 A.T. Perry WR - Wake Forest 
134 Roschon Johnson RB - Texas 

31.  Bryan Bresee

DT Clemson

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 300 | RAS: 9.07

NFL-team-logo

Bresee’s burst and power, in conjunction, can obliterate run plays. The Clemson DT has elite power capacity and can leverage his explosiveness and superb length into brutal knock-back power. He’s able to violently extend and plow blockers back at the point of attack, and he fully extends to exert maximum power.

Going further, Bresee possesses impressive upper-body torque and can generate immense amounts of force on clubs and swims. He also has the upper-body torque to throw down blockers in sudden, brutal bursts of energy. With his power generation, he can wrench blockers aside and clear contact early in reps. But beyond that, he can create displacement when latched with active leg drive.

63.  Blake Freeland

OT BYU

Height: 6-8 | Weight: 305 | RAS: 9.82

NFL-team-logo

A former state champion in both the shot put and javelin, it comes as no surprise that Freeland has exceptional raw strength. The functionality of that strength on the field can improve at times, but Freeland’s high-end length allows him to outreach most rushers and latch onto the pads with biting hands.

Moreover, he has the core strength to maintain extensions and stymie power rushes when in phase and keep rushers inside his shadow after torquing with his hips.

For his size, Freeland’s athleticism is eye-catching, and so too is his hip fluidity. He doesn’t quite have elite flexibility, but he has shown he can quickly unhinge and rotate outside against stunts.

95.  A.T. Perry

WR Wake Forest

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 206 | RAS: 9.24

NFL-team-logo

Perry is an exceptional accelerator in the open field, as his long strides are fast and energetic. With his burst, he can stack defensive backs and accelerate outside, and he has the long-strider speed to maintain separation once he has it. Even within his cylinder, he’s a spry athlete who’s incredibly light on his feet and fleet-footed moving upfield. Perry’s amped-up movement style can help supplement separation at the line. The Wake Forest WR can use his lateral quickness to adjust attack angles and manage space.

122.  DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 220 | RAS: 8.51

NFL-team-logo

Right away, Overshown stands out amongst his counterparts. He has a long, rangy frame at 6’4″, and that range shows up in multiple phases. His length gives him immense disruption potential when stalking the backfield. He can lurk in the second level, rise up to ****** intermediate passes, and has the ball skills to make plays at the catch point.

Overshown is long, but his athleticism is what truly completes his profile. His explosiveness and stride lengths combine to form dangerous closing speed and range. He has definite twitch in his movement, and that twitch — paired with his size — allows him to cover ground quickly and suddenly. He closes in with incredible quickness when triggering on plays or blitzing down the middle, and he has excellent closing burst at the tackle point.

134.  Trey Dean III

S Florida

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 201 | RAS: TBD

NFL-team-logo

Interviews and further development will be the difference between Dean making the top 100 and sliding further down the board. On tape, communication and processing can be an issue for the Florida safety, who more than once contributed to coverage busts when reading plays and managing space.

Despite all that, Dean has high-level raw talent. In the right role at the NFL level, he could be a very valuable player. He’s a versatile DB with a lot of experience across the secondary, but his best fit might be in a hybrid slot role. There, he can erase tight ends and blanket receivers with his athleticism, length, and man coverage technique, and attack downhill in run support with his size and physicality.

166.  K.J. Henry

EDGE Clemson

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 255 | RAS: TBD

178.  Roschon Johnson

RB Texas

Height: TBD | Weight: TBD | RAS: 8.09

217.  Max Duggan

QB TCU

Height: TBD | Weight: TBD | RAS: 7.24

249.  Josh Whyle

TE Cincinnati

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 245 | RAS: 8.86

250.  Byron Young

EDGE Tennessee

Height: TBD | Weight: TBD | RAS: 9

Bresee is fine.
Too high for Freeland. He will be there at #93. 
Also a round too high for Perry. 
Why are we taking a LB, especially one who is not an Edge?
Why are we taking a S over an Edge? 
I like Henry, Johnson, Even Dugan, but there is a lot of waste draft capital here. 

17 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Bresee is fine.
Too high for Freeland. He will be there at #93. 
Also a round too high for Perry. 
Why are we taking a LB, especially one who is not an Edge?
Why are we taking a S over an Edge? 
I like Henry, Johnson, Even Dugan, but there is a lot of waste draft capital here. 

Did mine on ProFootballNetwork.com and relied on their rankings and scouting.  I don't watch College football and am just now beginning my limited predraft research

1st Bresee is the guy who fell,  I would've had to reach for a Tackle or Edge.

2nd Freeland was best Tackle available but was a reach.  There was a crazy run on DE and Tackles.

3rd Perry  Draft board was full of DT, OC, OG.  Perry was a value pick here according to their rankings. 

DeMarvion Overshown and Trey Dean III seem like they could be interchangeable depending on run vs pass down.  Again Edge's were all gone here  I think K.J. Henry was the highest ranked one and I got him with my next pick.

Max Duggan is my Kelce replacement pick.  After a 2-3 years balling out in preseason and weeks 17-18 under Reid, we will trade him for a late 1st or early 2nd and draft a new TE.

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

NFL.com, Charles Davis mocks Jalin Hyatt to KC at 31.

Mazi Smith goes to Philadelphia 1st.rd..

Pete Prisco/CBS sports mocks Mazi Smith to KC at 31

Separately I like both these picks, though Smith going to the Eagles at this point just seems unfair.