2023 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

28.  Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama; Good heavens, KC needs help in the backfield. Pair Eli with our other 1st.rd. pick.

61.  Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee; Huge man, stunner in the run game.

92.  Mazie Smith, DT, Michigan; Smith may declare for the Draft. He's a Junior and would likely vault into the 1st. round.

121. Tuli Tuipulatu, DT, USC; Tuli fits the mold for Edge. He should try out here for KC.

129. Parker Washington, WR, Penn State; Parker is one of many WR's available. I'm not tied to him specifically

I did one today, but I think I’m done till late January at least.  Rankings haven’t been updated in awhile.   Tuli is likely a top 20 pick.    Love Mazi,  he’s a senior.  Still has a year left to transfer if he doesn’t like his grade though.   I doubt Ricks leaves also,  he had a terrible year. 

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

28.  Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama; Good heavens, KC needs help in the backfield. Pair Eli with our other 1st.rd. pick.

61.  Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee; Huge man, stunner in the run game.

92.  Mazie Smith, DT, Michigan; Smith may declare for the Draft. He's a Junior and would likely vault into the 1st. round.

121. Tuli Tuipulatu, DT, USC; Tuli fits the mold for Edge. He should try out here for KC.

129. Parker Washington, WR, Penn State; Parker is one of many WR's available. I'm not tied to him specifically

Much as i like Ricks, we need DL or OT in the 1st.

Wright would be great but he rates 25-30 picks higher. Sort of like Saiki Ika in my draft, not realistic

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

There's no reason to believe our first 4 picks couldn't start immediately = especially if they fill positions of need.

Generally a draft is considered a success if three players eventually start. The is very good reason to believe that our first four picks will not start immediately. Take this season. Only our first round picks are starting as of week #17

Generally only the first 20 or so picks in the draft are ready to start immediately. Exceptions occur, but most players start later in the season or in a later year, if ever.

On 12/31/2022 at 9:36 AM, mayanfootball said:

Clark and OBjr. have been so bad this season, I'm optimistic KC can find replacements, albeit with some possible growing pains.

And then there's the FA market

We will just disagree. Clark and OB Jr have been very good this season, just not what we hoped when they signed their contracts.

It would be foolhardy to attempt to replace either with a player taken after #10 or so. We have an excellent example in house. George Karlaftis is having a very good rookie season but he is not close to being our best DE. 

We did better with Creed Humphrey but C is not the premium position DE is and we also had some luck. Even assuming GK can take over for Clark, we still would need someone to replace GK and that is not a given with a late round pick. If we can get one more year from Clark and draft another DE I will feel much better.

I have  no clue what to do about LT. OL is not a strength of this draft class. 

18 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

We will just disagree. Clark and OB Jr have been very good this season, just not what we hoped when they signed their contracts.

Only a "homie" would dare say this.

GK and Tuli Tuipulatu can play Edge. Despite what you say, KC can have a real good OT early. I won't go over all the names now.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I have  no clue what to do about LT. OL is not a strength of this draft class. 

I disagree with this.  It will be a pretty deep class at T and C.  Guards I haven’t found many I’m a big fan of,  but plenty of guys that can move around also.

Edited by RedGold

35.  Antonio Johnson, Safety, Texas A&M

53.  Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse

62.  Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

94.  Tyler Steen, OT, Alabama

114, Tuli Tuipolatu, DT, USC

WR will have to come later. We've fixed both OT's. We fixed DT and Edge. We fixed some need in the Defensive Secondary. I'd be quite happy doing all this.

Fix the run defense, the deep passing game on defense and fix the lousy OT play on offense.

3 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

35.  Antonio Johnson, Safety, Texas A&M

53.  Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse

62.  Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

94.  Tyler Steen, OT, Alabama

114, Tuli Tuipolatu, DT, USC

WR will have to come later. We've fixed both OT's. We fixed DT and Edge. We fixed some need in the Defensive Secondary. I'd be quite happy doing all this.

Fix the run defense, the deep passing game on defense and fix the lousy OT play on offense.

Not a bad draft,  some of these are hard to do rn though.

Tuli has a great chance to be drafted Top 15.   Lot of the rankings haven't been updated in A LONG time.