Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

I thought I read yesterday they were calling him up but wasn’t able to get on before the game today. Thanks 

He was put on the 53 but not on the active gameday roster. Some people said gamesmanship by Saleh, others thought to avoid Belichick grabbing him. Either way it made little sense in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Interesting development I think

After Zach's funeral next week, White will be the start in NE as we come off a BYE. I cant think of another QB who has looked as horrendous as Zach in his second year, ever turned into a good quality starting QB.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I feel like MLF could have done a better job of establishing the run game. Our backs had 14 carries, we weren’t down to the point where we couldn’t run. He also didn’t stretch the Pats out enough. We let them dictate our running game, which is something you and I said we shouldn’t allow to happen. 

I dont understand why we dont run more RPO's, seems like its the best Zach ever looks. Quick and accurate. For all the talk of zach being terrific off platform, literally all his mistakes are also off platform. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I dont understand why we dont run more RPO's, seems like its the best Zach ever looks. Quick and accurate. For all the talk of zach being terrific off platform, literally all his mistakes are also off platform. 

Not sure. The media won’t ask those questions, they’ll only ask the drama based ones or the ones that create headlines.

Me and Bobby literally said Belichick is gonna try and make us abandon the run but we shouldn’t. MLF did and it hurt the offense. Not to excuse Zach, he has to be better but we literally ran 15 times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

IDK, his best is literally RPOs. It seems like we get away things that get him into rhythm. Or he is just messing up that bad, idk.

But he keeps double clutching the ball, meaning he isn't seeing the field well.

Mac Jones was a mess on the other side, but the PAtriots did a good job of creating easy throws for him to get the ball out and not let him think. Mac is extremely lucky he didn't have 3-4 INTs today. Literally had a pick 6 taken away that would have changed the game, if we went into half up 17-3, we win that game IMO. 

Instead we went in 10-6.

Without Breece Hall our run game isn't goood, the OL  isn't blocking well, we have too many injuries on the OL. We don't have the same run game without Breece. 

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

IDK, his best is literally RPOs. It seems like we get away things that get him into rhythm. Or he is just messing up that bad, idk.

But he keeps double clutching the ball, meaning he isn't seeing the field well.

Mac Jones was a mess on the other side, but the PAtriots did a good job of creating easy throws for him to get the ball out and not let him think. Mac is extremely lucky he didn't have 3-4 INTs today. Literally had a pick 6 taken away that would have changed the game, if we went into half up 17-3, we win that game IMO. 

Instead we went in 10-6.

Without Breece Hall our run game isn't goood, the OL  isn't blocking well, we have too many injuries on the OL. We don't have the same run game without Breece. 

They have to cut Tomlinson after this season and bite part of the bullet. I think there is an out after year 1. He has been horrific. 

The RPO's  allow him to to just act quick and think less. He seems to deliver a tight clean ball that way. Even in clean pockets with time to throw he takes forever to process and then typically throws a badly timed ball. He is best when getting rid of the ball quick. Under pressure, or flushed from the pocket...forget it. Might as well give up. The off platform throw to Wilson was great, but hes done that maybe one in every 30 of those throws and a lot of those balls are picks. If anything his off platform plays have been horrific overall with a high light or two sprinkled in. I would rather see them run mostly quick hitters. He can't seem to consistently execute much else. 

Zach will throw 3 picks next week and be replaced by Mike White. I'm sure the coahces and JD have talked about this and work with Mike over the bye week. I just hope Mike can come out hitting his points and giving the Jets a chance to get into the playoffs. I would then look to move Zach while he is young and has a few years left on his rookie deal. Maybe do a trade up with him in it for a top pick at a QB. 

2 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Literally the worst call I've seen all season. Refs spotted New England ten points. Flat out.

It gets lost in the shuffle because of Zach’s two interceptions in the second half. But that call changed the entire trajectory of the game IMO. 17-3 forces the Pats to have to pass more and not lean on the run game. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Zach will throw 3 picks next week and be replaced by Mike White. I'm sure the coahces and JD have talked about this and work with Mike over the bye week. I just hope Mike can come out hitting his points and giving the Jets a chance to get into the playoffs. I would then look to move Zach while he is young and has a few years left on his rookie deal. Maybe do a trade up with him in it for a top pick at a QB. 

Dude it’s not happening so quit trying to speak it into existence.