Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

• personally I think we have to sell out and let Zach take his lumps as long as hes letting it rip with confidence live and die with his play ... if he works out good ... if he doesn't ... we know he wasn't the answer ....

I wouldn't pull him if it wasn't for horrific play or ... full loss of confidence ... lets remember in the first half till JFM .. Zach was solid and under control .... and we had the game ... Zach's problem is he tries to play too much hero ball and gets in trouble ... sure he misses a couple throws here and there .. and some them turn into turn overs ... but those misses ... usually are under pressure ... and extending a play and not knowing when to give up 

Just now, KBS756 said:
  • personally I think we have to sell out and let Zach take his lumps as long as hes letting it rip with confidence live and die with his play ... if he works out good ... if he doesn't ... we know he wasn't the answer ....

I wouldn't pull him if it wasn't for horrific play or ... full loss of confidence ... lets remember in the first half till JFM .. Zach was solid and under control .... and we had the game ... Zach's problem is he tries to play too much hero ball and gets in trouble ... sure he misses a couple throws here and there .. and some them turn into turn overs ... but those misses ... usually are under pressure ... and extending a play and not knowing when to give up 

Btw I didnt see the whole game but Zach did make some nice throws and net over 300 yards and 2 TDs as well with some insane escapes from pressure again (just needs to avoid the brain fails when its not there) 

Zach’s press conference showed he was gutted from his mistakes. He said on the first pick he saw what he needed and just missed high. Second one he in fact was trying to throw it away just waited too long. Third was a bad one but he was trying to make Something happen. Said it’s frustrating when nothing is there and he’s just throwing it away. Not worried about stats. Wants to get rid of the mistakes. Etc… he owned his part, he’ll be better. Question is can he pair the good in this game with the smart in previous games. He does that consistently and a lot of questions are answered.

Josh Allen had a lot of this in his game and still does but he learned to check himself some and live another day ... but those lumps came and taught him with time .. Zach is young and yes we've given him weapons but he is also running for his life a decent bit and trying to do a lot off script... hopefully with time he learns how to check himself ... and works a bit more on technique to reign in some of the inaccuracy under pressure ... 

also really have to make sure throw aways get out of bounds ..

26 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Josh Allen had a lot of this in his game and still does but he learned to check himself some and live another day ... but those lumps came and taught him with time .. Zach is young and yes we've given him weapons but he is also running for his life a decent bit and trying to do a lot off script... hopefully with time he learns how to check himself ... and works a bit more on technique to reign in some of the inaccuracy under pressure ... 

also really have to make sure throw aways get out of bounds ..

I still believe that if we had drafted Allen instead of Darnold, that Allen would have busted with us. We wouldn't have had the support system he had in Buffalo to get him to reach max potential.  In Buffalo he has had great coaching, great OLs, great receivers,  and rarely any injuries to deal with. 

Allen has those moments still where he improvises too much and starts throwing wild. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I still believe that if we had drafted Allen instead of Darnold, that Allen would have busted with us. We wouldn't have had the support system he had in Buffalo to get him to reach max potential.  In Buffalo he has had great coaching, great OLs, great receivers,  and rarely any injuries to deal with. 

Allen has those moments still where he improvises too much and starts throwing wild. 

I think anyone can live with the wild improvisation if they can get the rest of their game on schedule … if we can even get 60-70% of that on schedule from Zach and reign in half of the we need to give up on the play stuff … 

he’d be lights out a better QB he’s got the arm talent  and I don’t think he’s dumb … just think he’s got slinger in him and it’s gotta be managed a bit when coached … 

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just hate how guys pretend Zach did nothing good. Every time he made a great play it was dead silent in this thread. 

He makes a few I mean a few good throws maybe 5 or 6 and we should praise him for doing his job? He got hid first 300 yard game in 19 starts. Let that sink in. Then you add the only reason he got 300 was the Mims play. The guy throws INTS left and right how can you even defend that. All three of his ints are on him. I know the line is beat up but he holds the ball and trys to make plays. He is not that QB. He has to stand tall in the pocket and let it go. He is going to throw at least 2 INTS a game and you can't win with that period!!! If you look back on this thread I said i hope he only throws 1 or 2 INs to give us a chance but he will probably throw 3. Boom he throws one at the fisrt half like always. You know he is good for 1 in the second half too. I just don't get why people like him? He is a season and a half in and has had VERY few flashes. This team is set up for a QB to come in and send the Jets to the playoffs. I would like to see what Mike White or Matt S can do with this team. I guess my question to you is when do you see enough of Zach Wilson. When starts to throw 3 picks a game averge or his completion % drops below 50? He cost the WAY more games than he has won. Once Hall went down the majority knew Zach would drag this team down. Your QB can't do that. He has to AT LEAST keep things moving. 

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just hate how guys pretend Zach did nothing good. Every time he made a great play it was dead silent in this thread. 

I think he showed how young he is. We were a totally different team after the way the 1st half ended and never came back from that. And while that doesn't all fall on Wilson's shoulders. 3 INTs that were all 100% his fault, does put the majority of the blame solely on him. We still had a lead going into the half, yet the way we looked coming out of the locker room was if we were down by 17. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he showed how young he is. We were a totally different team after the way the 1st half ended and never came back from that. And while that doesn't all fall on Wilson's shoulders. 3 INTs that were all 100% his fault, does put the majority of the blame solely on him. We still had a lead going into the half, yet the way we looked coming out of the locker room was if we were down by 17. 

He threw 3 picks, we all know that and he has to avoid certain ones. Like the first pick sailed. The other two were bad decisions. 

But beyond that we’re the only team it seems that’s saying bench our QB. Meanwhile for example down in Jacksonville Trevor Lawrence just got wrecked by that Denver defense way way way worse than Zach did. Josh Allen just threw two picks against Green Bay at home.

I say that because those are previous two defenses we played. For me, I believe if he avoid picks 2 and 3 no one has anything bad to say about his game because beyond that it was a very good game from him that no one was talking about until the mistakes so if he’s not allowed to make mistakes while playing good then it’s almost impossible to discuss anything. There some really good throws yesterday, haven’t heard them mentioned once. There two two really really bad throws yesterday, it seems like that’s all that happened. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

He makes a few I mean a few good throws maybe 5 or 6 and we should praise him for doing his job? He got hid first 300 yard game in 19 starts. Let that sink in. Then you add the only reason he got 300 was the Mims play. The guy throws INTS left and right how can you even defend that. All three of his ints are on him. I know the line is beat up but he holds the ball and trys to make plays. He is not that QB. He has to stand tall in the pocket and let it go. He is going to throw at least 2 INTS a game and you can't win with that period!!! If you look back on this thread I said i hope he only throws 1 or 2 INs to give us a chance but he will probably throw 3. Boom he throws one at the fisrt half like always. You know he is good for 1 in the second half too. I just don't get why people like him? He is a season and a half in and has had VERY few flashes. This team is set up for a QB to come in and send the Jets to the playoffs. I would like to see what Mike White or Matt S can do with this team. I guess my question to you is when do you see enough of Zach Wilson. When starts to throw 3 picks a game averge or his completion % drops below 50? He cost the WAY more games than he has won. Once Hall went down the majority knew Zach would drag this team down. Your QB can't do that. He has to AT LEAST keep things moving. 

Zach just threw 41 passes to the teams 14 runs and you are only focused on 3 throws. If you wanna be negative fine. Enjoy.

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He threw 3 picks, we all know that and he has to avoid certain ones. Like the first pick sailed. The other two were bad decisions. 

But beyond that we’re the only team it seems that’s saying bench our QB. Meanwhile for example down in Jacksonville Trevor Lawrence just got wrecked by that Denver defense way way way worse than Zach did. Josh Allen just threw two picks against Green Bay at home.

I say that because those are previous two defenses we played. For me, I believe if he avoid picks 2 and 3 no one has anything bad to say about his game because beyond that it was a very good game from him that no one was talking about until the mistakes so if he’s not allowed to make mistakes while playing good then it’s almost impossible to discuss anything. There some really good throws yesterday, haven’t heard them mentioned once. There two two really really bad throws yesterday, it seems like that’s all that happened. 

I hear ya. I never said bench him. So I can only speak for myself. I wasn't happy with the way he p[played but this is all part of seeing if you have a franchise QB.