Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hear ya. I never said bench him. So I can only speak for myself. I wasn't happy with the way he p[played but this is all part of seeing if you have a franchise QB.

Beyond the interceptions, how did you feel? (I know they're part of the performance) but I mean from an overall standpoint. I feel like that's the kid we were hoping for mostly. 

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It gets lost in the shuffle because of Zach’s two interceptions in the second half. But that call changed the entire trajectory of the game IMO. 17-3 forces the Pats to have to pass more and not lean on the run game. 

Yes! Our whole defensive game plan was the same as their's: make them throw. And it was working until the refs killed it all. They ended the half in striking distance and suddenly they can afford to run and dink and dunk all day. There's no way they keep the same game plan if they are down 14 and while I don't think we change our offense, Zach probably doesn't try to do it all and throw those ints.

And no, you don't start Mike White.

Zach Wilson has an incredibly high ceiling and he's only played 18 games of football in his NFL career. He had one bad game this year against the guy who has beaten us like school children for the past 6 years.

I don't doubt he gets wrecked against the Bills, but every QB in the league is. Then I want to watch him call down his game and beat the Pats at home. It's going to happen, and I can't wait.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Beyond the interceptions, how did you feel? (I know they're part of the performance) but I mean from an overall standpoint. I feel like that's the kid we were hoping for mostly. 

I think he looked good early. Wasn't great, but was doing enough to where NE was maybe going to have to change their philosophy of not letting the run beat them bc Wilson was playing well. The JFM penalty seemed to be the turning point for us. 17-6 is huge compared to 10-9 and NE went right down and scored to open up the 2nd half. So that swing of just 2 possessions of 10 points for them seemed to get in his head. And really everyone on our teams including coaches. We looked very poor from that penalty on. His INTs were all on him. Which to his defense he's only had 1 INT that was his fault all season previous to yesterday. But any day a QB throws 3 INTs, it's going to be hard to win. And I think he did good late. But that was kind of garbage time. Wasn't NE playing D like they were in the 3rd Qtr. It was more a prevent defense. He was slinging it though. I mean if we recover the onside kick, I think he goes down and scored like the CLE game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he looked good early. Wasn't great, but was doing enough to where NE was maybe going to have to change their philosophy of not letting the run beat them bc Wilson was playing well. The JFM penalty seemed to be the turning point for us. 17-6 is huge compared to 10-9 and NE went right down and scored to open up the 2nd half. So that swing of just 2 possessions of 10 points for them seemed to get in his head. And really everyone on our teams including coaches. We looked very poor from that penalty on. His INTs were all on him. Which to his defense he's only had 1 INT that was his fault all season previous to yesterday. But any day a QB throws 3 INTs, it's going to be hard to win. And I think he did good late. But that was kind of garbage time. Wasn't NE playing D like they were in the 3rd Qtr. It was more a prevent defense. He was slinging it though. I mean if we recover the onside kick, I think he goes down and scored like the CLE game.

NE was still running their scheme on his late in the game drive to be fair. It wasn't garbage time/prevent defense. 

JFM penalty definitely was a momentum killer, things spiraled after that. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Zach just threw 41 passes to the teams 14 runs and you are only focused on 3 throws. If you wanna be negative fine. Enjoy.

Zach threw 41 passes and completed 20. That is less than half. He has thrown 3 TD's to 5 INTs this year. He has played in 5 games. He threw his FIRST 300 yard game during game 18. The guy threw some very awful balls that where not even close to some guys. Now he has developed a double or triple spin move to make him lose his vison down field. He can not read a D for crap and he has not even gone against a very good D yet. It is great being positive but I just don't see him doing anything. You can't have a guy who is throwing picks all day. You know he is good for 3 more picks against the Bills. Everyone knows on this board that I don't like him as a QB and would like to trade hime while he still has some value. You hold onto him too long he is nothing. Do you really think he can carry a team all game and win. I don't see that. If he is our starting QB for the rest of the season this team will win 2-3 more games and that is it. They will have thrown away a 5-2 start down the drain. 

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Zach threw 41 passes and completed 20. That is less than half. He has thrown 3 TD's to 5 INTs this year. He has played in 5 games. He threw his FIRST 300 yard game during game 18. The guy threw some very awful balls that where not even close to some guys. Now he has developed a double or triple spin move to make him lose his vison down field. He can not read a D for crap and he has not even gone against a very good D yet. It is great being positive but I just don't see him doing anything. You can't have a guy who is throwing picks all day. You know he is good for 3 more picks against the Bills. Everyone knows on this board that I don't like him as a QB and would like to trade hime while he still has some value. You hold onto him too long he is nothing. Do you really think he can carry a team all game and win. I don't see that. If he is our starting QB for the rest of the season this team will win 2-3 more games and that is it. They will have thrown away a 5-2 start down the drain. 

So now we're just score box readers? There are at least 2 picks that weren't on Zach and 3 TDs that were stopped on the 1. We also have been killing it with Breece and didn't need for Zach to throw 300 - that wasn't the gameplan and didn't need to be.

And who on this team is going to do better? Zach might be twirling too much but if Flacco is there, those are surefire sacks. And forget the deep ball with Mike White or any tough throws outside the numbers.

Did everyone really go into a game with the Pats and expect a cake walk? That our young coaching staff and young QB were just gonna walk over BB. There is no coach that hates the Jets more and he will always come 100% prepared.

21 incompletions. 

1. Miss short to Carter in the flats, he was covered anyway would have been a no gain or loss of 1. 

2. To Mims down the sideline, Mims caught it but wasn't in

3. Miss to Conklin off PA, Conklin rocked if he catches it

4.  Miss to Carter, great throw but good breakup by Philips(God forbid we credit the defense)

5. Throwaway on 3rd and 8, settle for 3

6. Batted down pass on 3rd and 2

7. Throwaway on 2nd and 2

8. Interception, falling away to Johnson. 

9. Miss to back of the EZ

10. Miss on out to Berrios on 3rd and 11, Berrios might have been held on the break

11. Tipped pass to Flats

12. Throwaway

13. Interception #2, intended to be thrown away. He acknowledged he was late on that. 

14. Throwaway

15. Interception #3 on 3rd and 7, awful throw into coverage, it was a prayer we can't have it. 

16.  Miss to Johnson underneath 

17. Throwaway

18. Throwaway

19. Miss to Conklin down the middle on 4th and 5. Maybe he could have ran for it, Wise was shedding and maybe stops him, he also tripped on Brown's foot when he threw this one. 

20.  Throwaway

21.  Miss to back of the EZ to Jeff Smith

Edited by KingOfNewYork

38 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Denver and GBs defenses are both excellent. Josh Allen threw 2 picks to GB yesterday. 

Edited by Mattmanz

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

21 incompletions. 

1. Miss short to Carter in the flats, he was covered anyway would have been a no gain or loss of 1. 

2. To Mims down the sideline, Mims caught it but wasn't in

3. Miss to Conklin off PA, Conklin rocked if he catches it

4.  Miss to Carter, great throw but good breakup by Philips(God forbid we credit the defense)

5. Throwaway on 3rd and 8, settle for 3

6. Batted down pass on 3rd and 2

7. Throwaway on 2nd and 2

8. Interception, falling away to Johnson. 

9. Miss to back of the EZ

10. Miss on out to Berrios on 3rd and 11, Berrios might have been held on the break

11. Tipped pass to Flats

12. Throwaway

13. Interception #2, intended to be thrown away. He acknowledged he was late on that. 

14. Throwaway

15. Interception #3 on 3rd and 7, awful throw into coverage, it was a prayer we can't have it. 

16.  Miss to Johnson underneath 

17. Throwaway

18. Throwaway

19. Miss to Conklin down the middle on 4th and 5. Maybe he could have ran for it, Wise was shedding and maybe stops him, he also tripped on Brown's foot when he threw this one. 

20.  Throwaway

21.  Miss to back of the EZ to Jeff Smith

I just started my first watch of the game (had to listen on radio yesterday) and already the first 3 points are only on the board because Zach can escape and throw on the run.