Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Him and Jeff Smith getting reps is something I don't really understand. I know they both play special teams but they see the field more than necessary. 

Johnson is what it is right now til Robinson learns the playbook.  He's fine.  He's not bad, he's just not good.  Doesn't fumble, or miss blocking assignments, just doesn't do anything that excites you.  Fine for now to give Carter a breather til Robinson is ready

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One thing I wish MLF did more of was jet motion runs and passes. Patriots are a slower defense than the average NFL unit. Forcing them to run sideline to sideline would have made things very difficult for them. 

Our best "rush" was a jet sweep with GW. Did we not learn anything from the Bears game? NE can't stop the outside run.

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yup

On the other side Aaron Rodgers looked dreadful against that Bills defense. I think he had like 70 yards going into the 4Q. 

I think we hang with Buff for the first half and then the D gets gassed and they pull away but it is a division game and crazier things have happened. I wouldn't be completely surprised if we pull of the upset. 

I will b the first to admit I am very down on Zach. Progression just has not been there at all, however, even though yesterdays game is very frustrating and fans have every right to be upset with the way he played...every single INT was avoidable. Every single one was him trying to make chicken soup from chicken $#!t. The play calling sucks. MLF hasn't been very good. He has some great designs every now and then but overall it hasn't worked with Zach. The issue I am having is, minus the offensive line, every other QB that has played for us in the past year and a half, has passed the ball with more success than Zach has. Does Zach not fit what MLF wants to do? I am not suggesting that Flacco, White or even Johnson last year are better than Zach (although all debatable at this point) but all of them moved the football consistently better. They have got to figure it out fast. Sit down, find out what works and what doesn't. It isn't like Zach is throwing the ball into coverage and not seeing defenders, that is much worse. His issues seem to be holding the ball too long, than eluded the heat and trying to make something out of nothing. He can either be boring and come along slowly as we find success as a team, or try and chase individual success and try and develop fast at the cost of us losing more games. 

45 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One thing I wish MLF did more of was jet motion runs and passes. Patriots are a slower defense than the average NFL unit. Forcing them to run sideline to sideline would have made things very difficult for them. 

I wish we'd run more WR bubble screens. Get the ball in Wilson, Berrios and Moore's hands. Throw a TE out there to block for them and Mims or Davis (when he's back healthy). 

13 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

It sucks, because we don't get to play a soft defense where Zach can build confidence. Every week we are playing a elite defense. 

Next game, Bills the best defense in the league. Then the Patriots again. Then the Bears who rate high defensively. 

This is the worst part IMO. We have 0 games easy games for Zach. We want a 23 year old to rival the best defenses in the league with a make shift OL and are getting outraged when he can't do it.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wish we'd run more WR bubble screens. Get the ball in Wilson, Berrios and Moore's hands. Throw a TE out there to block for them and Mims or Davis (when he's back healthy). 

Yeah, get the ball to the playmakers, run the ball, let Zach win with his arm when he needs to. We aren't forcing defenses to deviate from their gameplans. I feel like Saleh/MLF want this safe approach to the game, it'll win games but not beat the great teams. We play Buffalo that way we lose 35-10 but have zero turnovers. 

OK, so I'm through my watch of the game and this was a game where we caught 0 breaks.

• Our ST killed us. Twice did our kickoffs our punts make it easy for them to get into FG range. Why even pass when you can just run it a bit and come away with 3? Also the missed FG is what kept us from re-establishing the run game. Missed that and ended up down 6 too soon.
  • Penalties saved the Pats. The helmet-to-helmet kept the drive alive for their first 3 points (like what is Mosely supposed to do? Let him dive head first for the first?), and obviously the pick 6 that took 6 off the board for us and gave them 3. The last nail in the coffin was the holding call that put us on the 5. Good luck trying to get a scoring drive when BB knows you have 1st and long from your own endzone.
  • Zach was good when he wasn't throwing interceptions. So many nice throws over the zone and he nearly dropped a dime to Conklin for a TD on the 4th and 5. Hero ball killed him today, but I this wasn't a Sam seeing ghosts type game.
  • Our OL is not good. Couldn't run, couldn't pass protect. We are missing AVT as much as we are missing Breece.
  • Our Defense is still elite. We had a tough time stopping the run but they were running no huddle and gassing our guys a ton, yet so many times we stopped them. Had the Pats started on their own 20 most of the game, many of those FGs are not on the board.

We aren't far off from being a top team. We just can't have games where the wheels fall off like they did.

• Like 2