Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Watching videos of Elijah in practice, he doesn't look like hes pouting or crying. He is laughing and having fun with his teammates, maybe we should just let this play out instead of jumping the gun on him. We have adults running this team and strong leadership, lets see what happens first. 

I would. But when he posts things like he did yesterday on his twitter, it makes it hard to think he’s changed. If he’s a man and is mature he’d actually come out and address the media and say he went about it all wrong. Instead he’s hiding and still posting things on social media. I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if we heard nothing at all from him. But his post yesterday while seems small. To me shows that he thinks it’s him against critics. Key the word HIM aka ME. Which is what started this all.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I would. But when he posts things like he did yesterday on his twitter, it makes it hard to think he’s changed. If he’s a man and is mature he’d actually come out and address the media and say he went about it all wrong. Instead he’s hiding and still posting things on social media. I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if we heard nothing at all from him. But his post yesterday while seems small. To me shows that he thinks it’s him against critics. Key the word HIM aka ME. Which is what started this all.

I guess all that really matters is he plays hard and he gets along with his teammates.  Cryptic tweets on twitter isn't exactly what you love to see but like he said.  If JD thinks there is an issue he's likely gone because there are adults running the show now.  He's not going to ruin the locker room for one guy so until that happens hopefully it's all good vibes with the people that matter, his teammates, and we'll see if we can keep the winning rolling.  

As a fan sure you want it to have better optics but if things get bad we'll know.  For now have to assume things got worked out and everyone is focused.

Edited by Rockice_8

13 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Yeah they seem to be popular among fans online, but I really dislike them. Really don't like any modern uniform changes or logo changes lately, so I must just be a grumpy old man.

I wouldn't mind them once or twice a year but they are beating us over the head with these black pants. Our primary color is green. These new jerseys are just trash. The old ones were so classic. Make the color rush the primary green color and 80s and 90s logo that 99% of fans are screaming for. Do a black alternate that the kids like so everyone is happy but we had such a clean classic look and this look we have now is garbage. 

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wouldn't mind them once or twice a year but they are beating us over the head with these black pants. Our primary color is green. These new jerseys are just trash. The old ones were so classic. Make the color rush the primary green color and 80s and 90s logo that 99% of fans are screaming for. Do a black alternate that the kids like so everyone is happy but we had such a clean classic look and this look we have now is garbage. 

Honestly if it wasn't because of the all black being set for this week they probably would have kept the same black bottom white top rolling.  I think they stuck with it because of the win streak they were on.  Hopefully the black pants are enough to keep it rolling this week.  

29 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Looks like it’s gonna be Mac Jones

Don't think there was much of a difference probably.  Jones probably the better passer at this point, Zappe probably moves a little better with his legs.  Jones probably plays better to our strengths if we can keep pushing the pocket with no threat to rip off huge runs.  We always seem to get burned on broken plays by the QBs legs I feel.  No reason our CBs can't lock down their WR's.  The biggest threat is their run game (jet sweeps to Thornton included) and TEs so not having to spy the QB can float coverages towards the TEs.

Keep the TOs down by not giving them any short fields and we should be able to keep the score down.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He looked sluggish, like he isn’t fully healed. QWill hits him a couple times and he’s gonna fold.

I must say it really looks like our hits wear down these QBs.  Guys are just a little rushed after a few hits.  Got to keep that up because it seems to make a difference.